Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

i just tried of maxing perks and armor with cheats and what i found out its that the resistances stack so much together to the point that only thing that kills you is bleed (wich is too common in this build for some reason ) , finally a build i can play with 20 fps

I simply think a lot of people are bleeding out because they try to use bandage with RMB like A16. I've successfully stopped bleeding twice in 1 POI without dying. I haven't found it to be that hard. Just need quick fingers.

you guys nailed it with the difficulty it sure is fun running into 6 ferals at level 3 on my second day or 6 dogs and getting bleed on every hit is amazing especially since wearing armor still doesnt reduce its chance at all or the vultures that kill you faster than a bear are top notch when you spawn 5 of them on a poi right in front of you is this the intended difficulty for level 0-15 ? i need like rockets so many times to kill the 10+ zombie hordes that pop from behind me for no reason sure the loot is good but containers have more paint than food items for some reason so getting any food at all is challenge especially in cold places , top of the icing is the debuff that makes you not want to play for 1 hour why not reset xp progress to next level like some rpg do why defuff you and force you to die again or afk ?

mr. @fataal , the new AI system is great but did you look at zombies AI during night/ dark . for me and a lot I watched they come towards me too much in night time (I know they see the light) , leading them outside and crouching in the darkness > they will keep coming to me ,It works sometimes not 100% like 1 out of 20 , besides trying to snipe them one by one with a loud bow the result is the one who got shot will head towards the place he was shot from(makes sense), and trying to hide fast from it , the others will know where am I , help a noob over here XD :)

Yes. I have done a fair bit of night stealth testing. In darkness they can't see well, but they hear you. Crouching reduces your sounds and your footsteps will be silent, but make sounds and they will investigate in your general location. During blood moons they always investigate player's positions, so stealth does not do much in that case.

Basically I would never be out at night time, unless you play with zombies set to never run or are some geared up pro with you buddies.

There are these 2 changes coming in the next experimental update:

Added moonlight to and adjusted sunlight in stealth calculation.

Decreased player noise distance by 8%.

So, you uninstalled because they haven't fixed an issue before they put out the first patch to experimental? Did you expect them to wiggle their ears and the current build everyone already has installed just magically starts playing differently?

What is the rationale for having to have 5 pieces of raw meat before you can cook it? I don't understand why it's like that. If you are hungry you're gonna cook whatever you have no matter how small. I get that meat shrinks as you cook it - but even the meat of a small rodent can be ate without needing to have 5 of them before you can eat. Furthermore - you also require 5 meat just to boil it - which doesn't typically reduce the size of meat to as great of an extent as charring it.

I think they were going for more realism.. we get a ton more meat from animals, so it makes sense we need to use more in a recipe, IMHO.

I got 38 from a deer, I think.

The forest ground texture is the most disturbing part with textures. It looks very blurry, i hope it will get better. The Desert ground texture looks pretty nice already - also the snow is decent enough.

Are there plans to improve this texture ? Its not really bad, only blurry :numbness:

Artists are planning plants improvement for A17+. Probably some ground textures too.

Madmole,

Question...the new steep roofs on the POIs caused you to slide down and are unable to climb up. I dont see them as craftable....only the inside and outside corners...from what I see....

Can they be made cradtable do we can make slides out of bases?? Since ziplines are on hold???

Ouch

Anyone else having issues with Claim blocks on Multiplayer servers?

example you set down a claim and it works. you move to another location and set down a new claim you made, the old one is not active and the new one is active but everyone can smash your base and your claim.

The server is setup to infinite online and offline and 14 day claims.

we even had an admin drop a new claim in case the player made claims where bugs.

many players are having the same issues.

To faatal specifically, you are like some wish granting demon that gives the person what they want but then adds in something they will regret. LOL You did an amazing job on the zombie AI. I was just expecting them to not spin in circles and make it over a block sometimes. I was inside a trader and a horde was outside banging trying to get in, by the time I got up to the wall they were climbing on top of each other and got in! WTF, that was awesome, very World War Z! And that vulture AI has got me so paranoid looking in all directions constantly. You are going to owe me so many new pairs of underwear. LOL Excellent job! Are you in charge of bandits and NPCs for the A18?

Thanks.

The shipping bandit AI will probably be an extension of the current animal/zombie AI, so I would think it will fall to me. NPCs would depend on if they need an AI to do anything besides talk to you.

Can't believe the thing about Zombie Soldier Feral and above.. :f

- - - Updated - - -

Weapons with level 1 has no modify button ))

Correct, but you can still hold R and change bullet type to Steel, ejecting the Brass ones.. vice versa.

Would prefer a dedicated 'Unload' button still.. :c

- Show up to quest marker, see deer, chase>kill>harvest

- Go back to quest area, bouncy marker gone, go in and clear building expecting to find Fetch item, there is none.

- Go back out to where marker was, walk into blank space and THEN it asked to start quest.(mind you marker is no longer visible)

- Start quest... see another deer, chase>kill>harv... "quest failed"

- Go back to storage box I dropped just before... and starting the quest removed it, contents included.

So, I guess the only bug part is the quest marker disappearing before the quest was initiated. Otherwise I just learned a lot of hard lessons all at once, but that's useful, and I got a ton of deer meat in the process.

Drama queen ?

The truth is i had 2 heart attacks.

When i play A17 i have really chest tightness.

Maybe its really time to leave the 7D2D train.

What you name "Difficulty" i name painfull cumbersome.

That has nothing to do with easy or a challenge.

Maybe the fun pimps should rename to "The anti fun pimps" if its not possible to make a game challenging without "out of stamina"

With a few perks, and some food stamina is not a problem at all. There are 5 free perks for finishing the quest. I suggest you consider all stamina related ones and food gathering ones if its such an issue for your play style. We are working on some small tweaks to hunger/stamina though. 2 Agility, slow metabolism, cardio and sexual t rex come to mind.

Just hit the modify button, ammo is ejected.

not completely true, I have 2 shotguns that dont have a modify button so cant unload

A17.0_2018-11-21_18-14-24.thumb.jpg.12f26ddd359ec875faf70e5295d88250.jpg

the pic is so MM sees it

Correct, but you can still hold R and change bullet type to Steel, ejecting the Brass ones.. vice versa.

Would prefer a dedicated 'Unload' button still.. :c

thanks for this, feel like an idiot for that.

So not all Traders have a working forge for you? I am very lucky then as they have 3 things working every time.

I had built concrete blocks and started on reinforced concrete by end of Day 2! (120 min days, so..)

For melee stamina:

1) Make sure your water is 100%

2) Buy the two perks that boost stamina and reduce stamina loss.

I'm pretty sure water only has to be 50% or more to be optimal. Drinking water though gives you a short buff that increases regen.

Archived