Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

So, you uninstalled because they haven't fixed an issue before they put out the first patch to experimental? Did you expect them to wiggle their ears and the current build everyone already has installed just magically starts playing differently?

They've not to my knowledge acknowledged it as a big deal for controller players and have not said they were going to put it back at all yet. They only thing said (I believe) is that they didn't like the feel of it using kb/mouse so they removed it.

IMHO, they should just make it an option so kb/mouse players can disable it, because it IS a big deal for controller players. It took us years to get it put in properly, (using telltale's code from the ps4) and now its broken again.

In a tight situation, I can hear my stick grinding down trying to move and run at the same time.

If toggle crouch makes sense, I just don't understand why toggle run does not.

I'm on day 4, first game on A17-E all default, died 2 times now.

Zombies are hard!

Fighting takes some getting used to, but is otherwise awesome.

All additions are great! Too many to write up, but will mention "QOL". I approve!

Graphics looks better than ever.

Menus, across the board, are great!

Quests are awesome! And very welcome.

I haven't had any bugs, and everything seems the run perfect. Better than ever in fact.

I'm having a blast. Thanks TFP :)

Mining feels TERRIBLE

As level 300, with all mining perks, level 6 Pickaxe.. Mining still only yields 3 stone per normal strike, and roughly 10 stone per power strike.

so I have a sprained leg and applied a splint and nothing changed.

You don't splint sprains, you splint only breaks.

Sprains = 5 mins long

Break = 1 hour

Splinted = 30 mins

A big THANKS! to TFP devs. This alpha was well worth the wait. My first impression is that I cannot believe how good everything looks and how smooth the game play is. I wasn't too excited for the new POIs but now I am obsessed with them. They look amazing and add a ton of depth to the game play. Zombies not having loot was a good move. I didn't think I would like that but I do now. The new skill tree is 1000% better IMO. And I now that I have the new stamina and health bar figure out I really like those too. My only complaints are there needs to be some balancing. I got an auger, sniper rifle, shotgun, hunting rifle, and compound bow on day one. Is there a way to prevent the higher end loot from dropping early on? Also my skill tree seems to focus 100% on stamina. In any other game I would add points to that later and build up health first, but stamina is so weak in the beginning that it holds everything else back. I'm not sure what to do about it other than add more items to the game to help boost it or just decrease it's decay.

To faatal specifically, you are like some wish granting demon that gives the person what they want but then adds in something they will regret. LOL You did an amazing job on the zombie AI. I was just expecting them to not spin in circles and make it over a block sometimes. I was inside a trader and a horde was outside banging trying to get in, by the time I got up to the wall they were climbing on top of each other and got in! WTF, that was awesome, very World War Z! And that vulture AI has got me so paranoid looking in all directions constantly. You are going to owe me so many new pairs of underwear. LOL Excellent job! Are you in charge of bandits and NPCs for the A18?

So I went to make a Bandolier, have all the materials it needs, snuck halfway across Diersville in the middle of the night to a functioning workbench, because the symbol says I need one... so I get there, go to workbench and THEN it shows me another need, which it did NOT show me until that point, so evidentally I need yet another perk just to make it??? I can't even figure out which perk, any ideas? Do we have to unlock the workbench just to use one? That would be hella ridiculous if so, I don't mind most of the added difficulty and locking of things in A17, loving it so far, but this just wasted a ton of my time and I can't even figure out what it is locked behind...

Actually, there was just a doorway, not a door (just an opening in a wall where a door could normally fit, but there was no door there).

So there was basically this:

- - - - - -

- - Z - - -

x x X - x x

- - - - - -

- - - - P -

Where the Z was hitting the wall (X) between me (P) and him, where he could have just walked through the opening to the left of him. After he destroyed one of the wall blocks I could get a clear shot at him, and when it hit he proceeded to walk through the doorway.

I see. Sometimes they can get stuck on an edge, then get mad and smash. We also have some partial blocks not flagged properly, so they try to go through and get stuck, when the block next to them is open. I have a task to look at that issue.

Not sure if asked, but is the 4x4 supposed to damage the ramps on the bridges in Navezgane? Cause it does.

If supposed to, then yeah, this is really gonna limit the usage of the jeep, or we're going to have to repair the bridges.

(I'm gonna have to put in toll booths to raise revenue) heh.

We know it does, but no easy fix. I would like the bridges lowered so flat like a real bridge, but there were problems if moved down, so still on todo list.

Title Changed alpha 17 gamestage calculation

The current gamestage calculation of alpha 17 is as follows.

gameStage = ( playerLevel + daysSurvived ) * gameDifficultyMultiplier.

I would like to increase the influence of daysSurvived on gameStage, but in the above calculation I can not MOD in XML.

so I hope that that will be modified as follows

gameStage = ( playerLevel * playerLevelDifficultyBonus + daysSurvived * daysAliveDifficultyBonus ) * gameDifficultyMultiplier.

Taking my preference as an example, make the following settings for the two newly added parameters.

playerLevelDifficultyBonus = 0.3

daysAliveDifficultyBonus = 11.0

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?94648-Changed-alpha-17-gamestage-calculation&p=874691#post874691

In addition to the above

Please allow the following calculation to be ON / OFF with XML setting.

daysSurvivedcappedPlayerLevel ( true or false)

daysSurvived:

After this the daysAlive is capped.

It is low-capped at 0, high-capped at "your player level".

At player level 41 you can have a daysSurvived value anywhere from 0 to 41.

If the same player was level 10 and had survived 25 days and died 2x:

25 days - 2 x 2 (daysAliveChangeWhenKilled) = 21

Then daysAlive of 21 gets capped to player level so 10.

We know it does, but no easy fix. I would like the bridges lowered so flat like a real bridge, but there were problems if moved down, so still on todo list.

Why not just redo the ramp portions using the wedge tips and wedges instead of the 45's? Or will that still cause an issue?

What is the rationale for having to have 5 pieces of raw meat before you can cook it? I don't understand why it's like that. If you are hungry you're gonna cook whatever you have no matter how small. I get that meat shrinks as you cook it - but even the meat of a small rodent can be ate without needing to have 5 of them before you can eat. Furthermore - you also require 5 meat just to boil it - which doesn't typically reduce the size of meat to as great of an extent as charring it.

@Roland

this is not a bug post, but a potential response to the blobbed

condensed textures that people are getting periodically. There are a few

new graphic ovelays being used to show damage one of them the best

description is the fuzzy vision when you are about to get knocked out.

When I received a certain amount of damage being trounced by two lumberjacks

and a buzzard. including mass bleed. The terrain textures took on this

particular view. I saw the same visual on a stream by TomGirlgamer. At the

time i was running default, most settings were enabled. below is what I changed

them too. Two observations, I cleared it up once by using the marksman rifle

scope to focus passed the un clear zone. When i lowered th rifle it had reset.

Second i took excessive damage again first with setting default.

the blur returned and stayed. Then I did it with my personal settings,

it blurred while I was close to death, but quickly cleared as I healed. Personally

it looks like ssaom when you use a scope repeatedly, but it seems to get stuck

after damage screen overlay is added. You can see from my pics in post #41297 that

i have a clean screen now.A17.0_2018-11-21_11-50-21.jpg

A17.0_2018-11-21_11-50-17.jpg

Someone earlier mentioned something about coming update for experimental, how its coming along? :)

Had a silly thought: maybe devs can release seperate SD & HD clients for the game (low end & high end pc's) for all of those having performance issues ... ? xD :D

Sorry, but I don't know. I've seen some people mention settings or could be a bug. Maybe RWG? Try Navezgane.

Just found out

8192 is for RWG

Navezgane's size is set 6144

Anything above 8K for map size is unstable

- - - Updated - - -

In any type of map. When i want to join a game in multiplayer, the screen just keep loading, like it doesnt recognize it. Or maybe the game loads after a lot of time.

8192 is for RWG

Navezgane's size is set 6144

Anything above 8k is unstable

Ah, answered my own question. So evidentally these schematics come in 4 tiers, each requiring a higher level of "Yeah, Science!" to unlock the ability to craft them. My bad, just had to read that perk deeper. At least the bandolier is a Tier 1, I think, has a 1 next to it so I assume so, hope so, because I have two of them:) Which brings up my next question: Do they stack? So, if I have a bandolier on my chest armor, giving me 30% reload speed, and then another on my leg armor, which gives the same, would they combine to give me a total of a 60% increase to reload speed? I mean they are rare and have a lot of requirements to make, so they should, but do they...

Will there be a way or is there a way now I can remove Near Death Trauma from the game/server? Or disable it I mean.

Its a buff in buffs.xml. Its in the Illness Debuff section. If you need more help than this you shouldn't be editing xml files. In that case, I'd wait until stable or until a mod is released which alters/removes the NearDeath debuff.

Sorry to repost but I need someone to help me with really bad graphics everything is blurry blobs, like a bad water coloring, can I get some suggestions for changes to my settings? Please and Thank you

Texture Quality of "Quarter" is pretty bad. I would try half or full.

I've been looking at out texture streaming settings, so there might be an improvement to be made there. Unity's docs on it lack some details.

What type of GPU do you have? How much video memory?

I was having issues both with motion sickness and low FPS. I tried to see what GeForce recommended. Didn't help. What DID help was changing the screen resolution from 1920 x 1080 (16:9) to 1366 x768 (16:9). The motion sickness aspect is gone AND my FPS is up from being under 20 to over 40+. I think the slow FPS is a huge part of the motion sickness aspect when the screen is always trying to catch up with any actions performed.

Back to exploring the game in comfort ��

I haven't had an issue with motion sickness, but I have heard several people mention lowering resolution for better performance. I made the same exact change you did and went from 20-30 fps to 35-45 fps! I thank your motion sickness for making the change then posting about it. I thank you as well! :)

damn! this alpha could be the end of the road for me! It's unplayable... 15 - 25 fps.. Had stable 60 (locked) on a16. My RX570 can't handle it any more.. and I thought performance is about the same as a16.

Im running an RX480 and getting smooth 60+fps (except in POIs, where it drops to 30-40).

Have a few questions on things I'm not sure are bugs or not so I didn't want to clutter the bug thread yet.

1. I can't seem to power attack with a Stone Axe. Is this intentional? I've heard you can power attack with other tools but I have not tried anything else yet.

2. I had a bandage on my tool bar but it I could not use it while bleeding out. I might have been stunned, not 100% sure. Does getting stunned prevent you from using your toolbar?

3. I got hit by a zombie and got a "incoming illness" or something similar debuff. It eventually turned into an infection icon then just went away. Is that a glitch or did I just make a good RNG roll and avoid sickness? Happened 3 times at least.

Thanks!

I'm still catching up so not sure if anyone responded with this:

1. I don't think you are supposed to use a power attack with stone as as the RMB is used to upgrade items, not attack.

2. Make sure you are clicking LMB now to use items in your toolbar. I've made this mistake before RMB does nothing when trying to drink, eat, heal, etc.

3. I've had this happen before as well... No answer that I know of.

I hope this sheds some light!

Archived