Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

mr. @fataal , the new AI system is great but did you look at zombies AI during night/ dark . for me and a lot I watched they come towards me too much in night time (I know they see the light) , leading them outside and crouching in the darkness > they will keep coming to me ,It works sometimes not 100% like 1 out of 20 , besides trying to snipe them one by one with a loud bow the result is the one who got shot will head towards the place he was shot from(makes sense), and trying to hide fast from it , the others will know where am I , help a noob over here XD :)

Wasnt the day/night setting different before?(ie. More day vs night). In my recent playthrough 120 min, the night felt like forever and had to lower things down to 60 min days/nights.

You can change the hours of daylight. I had mine at 18 hours of daylight. The trick to using all that time at night is to dig down inside a POI with good walls. I used the Working Stiff as my base and in the daylight, shuttled between the snow biome trader or the one just to the south for forge work (only 2 forges). So heat was not a thing.

Once at bedrock I was going to dig a long escape tunnel with:

Wood spikes at bedrock then

wood frame then

two open spaces. Pulling up the wood frames as I pass if I think its a complete overrun. :)

But I died. and Dead is Dead! :)

gotta say I rather hate that HOUR long debuff when you die

also gotta say the runners in the basements have a lot of health specially for someone just starting a game, even when I put down some wood blocks to block them a bit and had a shotgun they still tore through the barrier and killed me in like 4 hits while stunned.

I don't think roaming around dark basements is a "starting a game" type thing.

I wish I could level up some things by doing, but I don't mind a skill tree also. I just wish they'd get rid of the level requirements. If i wanna dump all my skill points into one perk then let me. There is already an attribute requirement for the perks no need for level requirements too. I think that can help with stamina complaints because you now have the choice to level up the necessary perks for stamina. Also, it seems like zombies always always always know where I am for some reason. I don't mind the difficulty because i'm still playing on insane but if u startle one zombie then the whole damn town is coming for you. I like the combat but hitboxes are jank as hell. My biggest enjoyment is building massive s#!t. I can still do that but i can't protect it with just 1 land claim block :'( maybe a 4-5 limit is a better middle ground.

Side Note:

I'm watching

YT and from 15:00-15:25 you can see about 6 zombies spawn extremely close to him.

I don't know if there is a way to prevent zombies from spawning within a certain distance from the player to keep that from happening.

I don't mean like this huge safety net but only like a 20m distance or something. I'm just spitballing here.

(ALPHA 17 - Deadly Farm But Worth It | 7 Days To Die Alpha 17 | Part 9)

(

)

Thanks for hearing me out.

That could literally be lag. You send a pos update to server, delay, server spawns based on your position and tells client, delay, the client has continued to move and is in a new position, client spawns, you see.

This is all a fine balance between, latency, settings and performance impact, which we will need to continue to tweak. In a perfect world, the whole POI would spawn, before you got near it, but big POIs with all those spawned zombies would hurt FPS. I am making a few tweaks of values now, that might help.

Below 20 FPS and bad stuff starts happening. The ticking system runs at 20 updates a second, but drops down when FPS below 20, so all kinds of systems start running in slow motion and you will start seeing issues like zombies overshooting their path points and circling back.

This could easily account for a lot of reported issues, hmmm...

The forest ground texture is the most disturbing part with textures. It looks very blurry, i hope it will get better. The Desert ground texture looks pretty nice already - also the snow is decent enough.

Are there plans to improve this texture ? Its not really bad, only blurry :numbness:

Not sure if asked, but is the 4x4 supposed to damage the ramps on the bridges in Navezgane? Cause it does.

If supposed to, then yeah, this is really gonna limit the usage of the jeep, or we're going to have to repair the bridges.

(I'm gonna have to put in toll booths to raise revenue) heh.

I've noticed this in the videos Madmole posted. I hope this gets looked at!

but its not dark when im out? nor should one part of the house be more difficult than the rest combined

I think the devs disagree. Roland said that there would be higher staged zombies guarding good loot. It looks like you found an area with potentially good loot.

Edit - As an FYI, I am avoiding the dungeon style houses while I'm low level and/or not equipped to handle harder zombies. I'd also recommend adding some barb wire fences to your belt. They will help you run away next time you run into a feral in the basement.

I'm loving A17E, the only issue I've had is with friends trying to get a dedi server started. Took awhile to figue out I needed to get rid of SteamNetworking, then they were able to log in. But once they did make it in, they'd spike in ping, couldn't pick up or open anything, then the game would crash, happened for hours. Couldn't figure out if it was the server or their internet (they have AT&T fiber 1gb speeds, so was thinking it couldn't be that, but then found out that there was like 10 devices on it and 8 of them were streaming something... so maybe that was the issue? But, for A16.4, we've played before when they had Cox 100mbps with same amount of devices and streaming with no issues).

Anyways, loving the game, on day 4 in my SP game, yet to die. Just take things cautiously and look in every corner ready to swing. I'm actually enjoying the perk system and the loss of the "use based" lvling. Though it seems like I always have trickle zombies/animals. Many times I'll just be sitting around, and next thing I know, my doors being busted down. Not used to that, and the constant repairing of the doors... Almost be worth not having a door at all, costs too much and get destroyed so fast now, much faster than A16.4 it seems.

TFP a17 is superb I will eat my words lol (cause I can still mod me back pack haha)

But I just want to praise you guys and thank you for putting a dear friend in the credits Pacco whom many know and whom added so much life to the modding world and is dearly missed. That alone I am grateful and humbled you guys doing that :-)

3)re-add the center indicator for sneak, we have whole screen indicators for everything (heatstroke, damage, etc.) but sometimes I forget im sneaking or am distracted by zombies and have to look at the bottom left, maybe just add a subtle sneak vignette. Been caught in situations not realizing I crouched and it slows you down. I might look for a hold to crouch setting.

C key should do the hold to crouch. There is a darkening of the screen edges when crouched.

Love how the staff just conveniently ignore everytime someone brings up that using items is now on left click even tho the standard in the whole survival game genre is right click and its been right click in 7dtd from the start. Talk about changes nobody needed and that really mess up people's gameplay.

Several devs read these posts. Just because you don't like something does not mean we are going to change it. We have many testers who give us feedback every day and we play the game too. Generally, we do what seems best to us to make a successful game. Everyone has an opinion. My opinion is it is fine the way it is. We may change our minds as we experiment with the experimental. That is the development process.

So far I'm really enjoying Alpha 17--I love the new textures and the quests in particular, and I'm excited to try out the new vehicles when I progress to them. But there are two things that I find very frustrating:

1. I like parts of the new leveling system, but I really wish some of the skills would remain improvable by simply using them. It made me feel like I was working at continuous improvement; like it was natural growth.

Using points for everything just feels much slower and as a system, is less unique in comparison to most RPGs. I really loved the way that having some skills progress through action set 7D2D apart from the majority of level schemes.

I'd really like to see something in between the A16 system and the A17 system.

2. The stun effect is just a bit too disorienting. I understand that this is the point, but I'd like to see it toned down just a little bit--not eliminated. It's really uncomfortable to play through it.

Max your strength and mining related perks and install mods into a steel pickaxe. Make sure to power attack. I didn't even consider the faster fire rate perks which improve DPS and we don't have a full suite of mining mods yet so you can't maximize damage yet on pickaxes.

Thank you. I already did all of that so just need to wait for more mods to get implemented I guess. One specifically for block damage would be nice.

I didn't think about Flurry of Blows until you mentioned it, and thinking back I was thinking I noticed a difference with my club with that perk maxed out but not so much my pickaxe. So I did another test with and without it and sure enough, Flurry of Blows isn't currently affecting the pickaxe. Took 35 seconds to break open a gun safe with the best steel pickaxe without the perk at all, and maxed out.

Didn't think to try the fireaxe before I had already maxed out the perk, but I do remember feeling like it was a bit slow so this may be affecting it as well. Maybe everything except dedicated weapons?

You are not alone. Some textures are a WIP i guess, that`s why i haven`t reported it.

It could also be texture streaming. This is a fairly new Unity feature and sometimes it takes a bit to load a close texture, when it should be loading those first.

Hello

I have a problem: lack of loot. In the nests I find only feathers 1-2 pieces, but in other boxes and garbage bags there is nothing. Is this a bug or is it intended? 12 days I survive, random map,loot abundance 25%

Sorry for my English

Normal loot abundance is 100%, so the fact you only get 1/4 the amount of feathers would be correct.

MADMOLE, FATAAL, ANYONE

Any help coming for RWG maps...Gameservers.com cannot handle a RWG map above 6144. Even Navezgene is only 8144 in size. They CANNOT do a 12228 or the 16384 map size. The servers keep reverting back to the A16 config files. I assume its them , but can you guys do anything to help this???

Regards

OUCH

Madmole i have connection issues, multiplayer games take too long to connect. How i fix this?

- - - Updated - - -

Faatal i have some connection issues or kinda, multiplayer games keep on connecting but dont load. Any known problem like this? maybe you know about it.

Sorry, but I don't know. I've seen some people mention settings or could be a bug. Maybe RWG? Try Navezgane.

So, you uninstalled because they haven't fixed an issue before they put out the first patch to experimental? Did you expect them to wiggle their ears and the current build everyone already has installed just magically starts playing differently?

They've not to my knowledge acknowledged it as a big deal for controller players and have not said they were going to put it back at all yet. They only thing said (I believe) is that they didn't like the feel of it using kb/mouse so they removed it.

IMHO, they should just make it an option so kb/mouse players can disable it, because it IS a big deal for controller players. It took us years to get it put in properly, (using telltale's code from the ps4) and now its broken again.

In a tight situation, I can hear my stick grinding down trying to move and run at the same time.

If toggle crouch makes sense, I just don't understand why toggle run does not.

Archived