Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Took a look on A17 experemental. What can I say... 1,5 years of development, and we get THIS??7? "encuberance system", hell yeah. Everyone have clothes with pockets, different size backpacks, we have "encumberance system". Gr8! Graphycs looks modern, like new games thet looks and feels like "plastic". New combat system sucks. When you deal with 2 zombies, 3 more come to you. I'm really disappointed, worst alpha ever! Too bad, thet I can't get my money back after allmost 2000 hours of fun.

Hire SDX team, they can make great game for you.

So.... 2000 hours, $20.00, that's one cent per hour...

If you feel that's too much money, maybe a new job is in order?

humm we complain of low fps after lowering settings , i have friends with better gpu andcpu than me with less than 15 fps everytime they enter a poi while i have 80 fps

Which is why all of these posts complaining about FPS without providing complete hardware specs and video settings are mostly useless. You got one guy running a 1080 complaining about performance but fails to mention he's running the game at 4k. You got another guy running the game on a laptop that's not plugged in. And another guy running the game on a 5400rpm hard drive. Based on the amount of posts there are obviously some FPS issues but it may be hard for the devs to isolate those problems without complete information.

They show up in the workstation you can craft them at. Why clutter the basic survival menu with stuff you can't craft? It slows it down like crazy too, the more workstations we have the less menu lag.

So you don't cull UI that is scrolled out of screen bounds or pool listed elements? Btw Does the saw do anything other than make logs, are log spikes gone?

Hi, my game seems not to be working. I mean, i can start navezgane normally but everytime i try to start RWG game crashes on loading no matter what. I tried reinstalling, changing settings but it didn't help.

There is a "General Support" section in the forum. Also problems should be accompanied with more detailed information than this.

General tip:

Use the game launcher to wipe not only the game world data but also your old player data and game settings.

Even better: Make a second account on your computer and install the game there. If you can play RWG there, it is very probable you have old data somewhere in your old account that makes problems

Hi, my game seems not to be working. I mean, i can start navezgane normally but everytime i try to start RWG game crashes on loading no matter what. I tried reinstalling, changing settings but it didn't help.

Do you have enough space on your hard drive to store the temporary generated data?

Snow and green biome i never survived long enough. Theres simply nothing to heal you.

Basic bandages increase your max health and food, medical items, or the passive health regen perk increase your health. I'm currently in the desert and my biggest problem is finding sufficient clothing to keep me cool. From looking at the xmls it seems that yucca juice and red tea no longer have a cooling effect. Red tea however appears to be a magical elixir though.

I had tht happen to me yesterday for an unknown reason.. it worked fine the day before. I just uninstall/reinstalled, and that fixed the issue.

Which is why all of these posts complaining about FPS without providing complete hardware specs and video settings are mostly useless. You got one guy running a 1080 complaining about performance but fails to mention he's running the game at 4k. You got another guy running the game on a laptop that's not plugged in. And another guy running the game on a 5400rpm hard drive. Based on the amount of posts there are obviously some FPS issues but it may be hard for the devs to isolate those problems without complete information.

For some reason I read this as an exaggerated jab like, "This guy's getting 0 fps because his machine isn't even on." I think it made me laugh so much because there might be people who are that ridiculous. :p

Yes, there are some fps issues. I'm sure it will get sorted.

Max your strength and mining related perks and install mods into a steel pickaxe. Make sure to power attack. I didn't even consider the faster fire rate perks which improve DPS and we don't have a full suite of mining mods yet so you can't maximize damage yet on pickaxes.

With 120 minute days and some lucky finds at Working Stiff and a trader, by Day 3:

I was at bedrock,

had 50 corn growing in my garden (Navazgane, of course)

Reinforced concrete starting to share the walls with the concrete and original stuff!

My best game of A17 so far. I died goofing around at night, so I'm playing another Navazgane but 60 minute days as 120 is way too easy.

I Need to discus this ,i dont know if it was already discussed but we are waiting the stable with some bug fixing right :) . so

the problem with the unlimited zombie spawn is a bug i see , when i am going to be stealthy in a poi and suddenly i start hitting one of the sleepers they all wake up ( the whole poi ) , thats not the problem you cant finish the combat the zombies start coming from outside the poi and never ends , every one i kill another one is directed my way ??? is it meant to be like that? ,

am i doing something wrong , is there is something i dont know? , iam always trying to keep my stealth bar below 10 but when i move or hit it jumps above 30

Love further. What does the shadow? A huge number of players confirmed the fact of the fall of the FPS. Changing the settings does not help. The problem is in the game itself.

It is. Probably further patches will help, maybe minimum specs will have to be adjusted, who knows. But the former takes time and the latter won't help you.

At the moment the best tip is really: Lower your resolution. If you make it fullscreen, you will not see any difference but the game will be much faster. I have a very low end machine, I went down to 1200x800 and fullscreen. The game looks bad because I also had to lower all graphics settings to minimum, but I don't really see any effect from the lowered resolution except more fps.

(Oh, I also turned off ingame voice chat because I don't use it. May or may not help. And others reported better results with vsnc off).

You really should relax after 2 heart attacks. Doing things that stress you should be avoided. If this game stresses you to the point of discomfort it might be time to find another game.

Another thing...you could always go back to playing the old version. Not sure how long it will be available but ATM we aren't forced to play the experimental.

Playing on 100% vanilla settings.

Day 5, got more than 7 Wandering Hordes so far. One of them was at night.. they ate brickwork like cake.. it was gnarly. :f

They even tried to break out the support beams and collapse the roof..

Bit too much in my taste but why not..

One thing that irks me is new animations, swinging for everything is incredibly slow, especially Stone Axe. Miss the old swing rate.

Invest into flurry of blows, 30% faster attack speed should suffice.

There are 3 Different kinds of stress

* Horror (i dont perceive any horror thanks to my Beta Blocker)

* The mentiones stress i described above

* And finally the Adrenalin stress you get as example in PVP

The last one i take only in small doses

I normally don't argue with my illness. In that case its simply so that i see no benefit to make the Stamina so low.

For the moment i modded it in a value i can still play with fun but perceive it still as Drawback.

Honestly, after buying a few perks and learning how food works, its not an issue. One stag can give you 35 meat, enough for several days, and boiled eggs are plentiful and a few will keep your stamina at 100%

I find its easier to learn how to play the game as intended than just mod it right out of the gate and not learn what they were thinking.

By day 3, I'm really having no significant stamina issues at all because we've learned how to manage it.

The whole point in participating in experimental is to learn the new systems, and give them feedback on how it plays out. If you nerf that right away modding it on day one, you really also can't give them legitimate feedback, and they can make changes so it plays better for everyone.

Of course, YMMV.

Hey Madmole, Faatal and the rest of the TFP team.

Thank you guys for the hard work.

I have been with you guys since the beginning and while I do like alpha 17 I prefer playing solo and it's very difficult to play as every POI contains 20+ zombies.

Please, please oh for the love of God don't forget your fans like me and other solo players. 😁

Can you adjust the percentage of zombies based on the number of players?

You can turn down your difficulty and that might reduce the number of zeds and will make them easier to deal with.

Man how is anybody complaining about this? I think I am enjoying every single decision the Funpimps made! Sure it sucks to run out of stamina, but perk for it and it gets better. I used to have stacks of hundreds of bacon and eggs. At least now I have a reason to eat the food.

As for you guys with 15 FPS... I built my computer in 2011 and I am getting 30 to 41 FPS. Are you running a sweet potato or an Idaho spud?

I really love the new zombie loot system too. It is actually exciting to see loot drop from them now. I love the idea of great stuff dropping every once in a while instead of crap every time. It used to take me an entire day to clean up all the loot and bodies after a horde.

GREAT JOB GUYS!! Well worth the wait!

the fun pimps........... you guys have just outdone bethesda for me, im enjoying a17 100x more than i did fallout 76. there are some issues, sure. but reading how alot of peoples games are supposedly not working well,(i.e too many wandering hordes, or too many in poi's etc) might it just be inconsistencies with how rng maps are made?

i am only saying this as my game map has been pretty good so far, nothing too much to handle.

thanks so much pimps.

From one Bethesda fanboy to another thank you!

You can turn down your difficulty and that might reduce the number of zeds and will make them easier to deal with.

But.. zombies are the best source of exp.. why would you want LESS? Gimme more, More, MORE!

BTW, stealth yesterday was great.. we got hit with a day 3 20 dog wandering horde. We all died, but were right by our rooftop pop n pills temp base.

While my freind engaged from the rooftop, I snuck down the back, went two buildings down, and then stealth creeped back to our base to get my stuff. i never got the dogs attention, and then one by one, the other two players did the same.

Now that we know big dog packs like that are a thing, we'll carry barbed wire fences with us just in case of an ambush.

My only gripe was my FIRST zombie loot drop vanished before I could retrieve it. Could that loot drop period be added to options, or extended? it LITERALLY vanished 2 seconds before I could open it.

Also, and mining helmets no longer a thing? I recall talk of all the various headgear having slots and being able to have flashlights added to.

Someone also needs to look at the controller code vs kb/mouse. We need toggle run back, the radial for locked chests, and the trader option menu was acting up last night... the cursor was way off to the side, and I could select the trader options. (I switched to my mouse temporarily as a quick fix, and you can damage a chest until its lock is broken, but obviously having the work properly would be best.)

Archived