Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

you seen them and crapped you pants probably.

but seriously there must have been a reason... doing anything, in open where they can see/sense you or hear you doing something... come on, give us the juicy details so we can all enjoy :)

I had the forge running but wasn't doing anything too loud. The house was buttoned up (no doors and windows all covered) and I was on the second floor just sitting there.

I heard them hitting my spikes and start hammering on the wall so I moved on to the balcony and hid but they (about 10 zeds) busted through and made a bee-line for me.

This was the morning of the 5th day.

Ok, I can connect to our dedicated server but for some reason the world never downloads when connected to join the world. Has anyone else encountered this, and any idea what the fix is?

Make sure that you are not using any "invalid" characters in the seed name. Also make sure that the game mode or whatever is set to "RWG" and not "Random Gen". Those are the two things I've seen so far for people that have causes similar issues.

with the trader quest bug in effect, what is the console command to flag it completed? as it stands. it says 0 meters to trader no matter how far I travel and no marker. they are looking itno it, but still need it completed to get the skill points associated with it

Seems that I will need to say a big BYE BYE to 7DTD ... :miserable:

FPS at 10 ... :(

Looks like a minecraft

Lowering resolution helps a bit but that aint a solution .. only makes it more minecraftier .. :D

Well it seems no more playing for me, but at least we had a good run ..

Have fun all with a17 :)

20181120120534-1.sized.jpg

20181120120553-1.sized.jpg

Lower Reflection Quality, Shadows, Tree Quality, and Grass Distance. The other settings don't change FPS much. Depth and sun shafts give a little FPS boost.

I actually lowered Water Particles and LOD to 50% and FPS got worse. So probably best to leave those alone.

The graphics engine needs a complete restart of the game after some settings are changed.

I had what you're getting. I had assumed closing back to the games main menu was sufficient. It wasn't. Shut down the game entirely, and restart from the Steam UI.

Lower Reflection Quality, Shadows, Tree Quality, and Grass Distance. The other settings don't change FPS much. Depth and sun shafts give a little FPS boost.

I actually lowered Water Particles and LOD to 50% and FPS got worse. So probably best to leave those alone.

I lowered every setting/turned off those I could and still had 50% fps loss. :( just seems like something is badly optimized within the game.

is there any way to change FOV in A17? several of us on a server are having motion issues with it (AKA: can't play long)

this was a great feature in A16 and earlier

sg OptionsFieldOfViewNew xx

From console

xx is 60, 90, whatever.

I just played another hour and found a few errors.

I - As I was moving through the desert there was a loading error for things like trees and cactus. It seemed to be on the left side of my FOV. I noticed it when I got to the burnt forest biome that happened to me on my left but the problem persisted as I got away from it. It got worse and started showing up on all distant objects. Cleared up as I got closer.

II - Noticed that the bow sometimes unloads itself when it's deselected. Seems random and sadly I was able to duplicate it.

III - Zombies seem to be spawning behind me when clearing a house. Not sure if this is a bug but there does not seem to be any place that they could be coming from.

IV- Some of the bigger Pine trees seem too big and there branches seem to be clipping though the ground (Pine forest biome).

V - Seeing pine forest biome turn black and white upon exiting the burnt forest biome. Color returns after a minute of being in the Pine forest

Over all I really enjoyed those few hours I got to play before work.

But the chef perk??!!! What.

I haven't my character cookt anything before the apocalypse.

I understand that this is to slow down the paste of the game but come on.

It's way harder to build a wooden frame than to boil corn :)

I'm sure you know literally 100's of people who don't know how to cook anything. I think its a mistake to assume any character knows how to do anything beyond the minimum of survival needs. You can survive scrounging food and buying food at a trader or any vending machine, and eat raw vegetables. If your character is role played to be a cook then put some points into it. Its not a must have.

I'm sure you know literally 100's of people who don't know how to cook anything. I think its a mistake to assume any character knows how to do anything beyond the minimum of survival needs. You can survive scrounging food and buying food at a trader or any vending machine, and eat raw vegetables. If your character is role played to be a cook then put some points into it. Its not a must have.

I think there is one notable exception to this. Goldenrod tea. You need the perk to make it and you need the tea to address the food poisoning you will get from eating raw vegetables and canned food. Yes, there are other options for food poisoning but goldenrod is the only reliable cure for this.

I'm not a fan of the hour-long death debuff. Nothing in the game should hinder to for a full hour, as that just makes me want to leave the game running and go play something else for that hour. There's no incentive to go out looting, as you're now more likely to die than you were before you... died.

Sure it feels good getting your stuff back, but you can just wait an hour and get it back when you've recovered. I do like the debuff, but I just think the cap on it needs lowered. Granted, we're playing a server with the hardest settings, so death is much more recurring. Zombies kill you in 2 hits and a full 2 mags of AK rounds (rank 2 AK woot) didn't take down a running military zombie lol. So we're getting used to dying, but no real progression can be made bc of that debuff. It incentivises afk players while further penalizing those that try to go out looting.

Just my ten cents on the debuff. I'm sure many will disagree, and that's ok. Just starting a conversation that may have already been covered. With 2725 pages in this thread... I'm not delving that deep to find any mention of the debuff lol.

hi guys im new to the forums but i see a lot of players complaining about performance issues i am ok because my pc can power through the bad optimization even though i had to lower my settings a bit compared to previous alphas but we are a group of 6 people and only 2 of us have a playable fps (never going under 20 all the time) i see on steam for the first time the reviews for this game are going to skew more to the negative because of this , we all now that its still experimental but is there even any hope in this game being optimized? most of us have less fps now than what we had 5 years ago in way worse computers isnt optimization what is holding back 7 days to die from becoming from a decent indie to a memorable game ?

OMFG!!!!!! This is amazing, I love it. It is so pretty we're talking triple A pretty. The way the zones all bleed into each other now, amazing! Love the skills, and the challenge, LOVE IT. Man you all deserve a HUGE pat on the back, this is going to be so much fun. Zombie pathing THE FEAR IS BACK!

Sister needs the BOIL perk, she can't even make hot dogs so sad... LOL

Seems that I will need to say a big BYE BYE to 7DTD ... :miserable:

FPS at 10 ... :(

Looks like a minecraft

Lowering resolution helps a bit but that aint a solution .. only makes it more minecraftier .. :D

Well it seems no more playing for me, but at least we had a good run ..

Have fun all with a17 :)

20181120120534-1.sized.jpg

20181120120553-1.sized.jpg

My brother had the same with Radeon 380X... All i need was go to main menu set setting so minimum, made textures resolution "Full" view distance to "medium" and FPS goes from 5 (five) to 65. Funny if i enables V-sync it dropped from 65FPS to 15-30FPS. So maybe you can look at "Display" sheet and try turn off Vertical Synchronisation.

Archived