Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Since you reposted yours i'll repost mine. Radiation zone is no longer a biome, the outer edges of the map are now just radiated to keep you in the playable area. Also correct me if i'm wrong but are the random gen worlds half their previous size, and are the cities smaller?

It was said that default random gen would be much smaller, but towns/POIs shorter distances away. Maybe smaller towns, but more buildings in total/sq km? I'm playing Navesgane right now and not a single complaint here besides the little pee running down my leg from the last POI.

Random, but funny. I was heading into... Diresvill? for the first time and heard a bear. Did a little investigating and it was in a backyard behind a wall jumping in the most hilarious way. First jump would look like a kitten pouncing on a toy - second jump looked like it was taking a swing at something. Reminded me of Ace Ventura fighting the shark (I think that was the scene) and all you see is him jumping out of the water in a different attack position every time. Made me lol for a bit.

YUCK!! Everything is awesome except the run feature if you're using xbox controllers. You have to HOLD DOWN the stick to run, rather than press it, and just stop moving when you want to stop running -- AND WE CAN'T CHANGE IT. My thumb feels like it's going to fall off. Anyone tried having steam over rule the controls so it can be changed?

THIS. I feel like I'm going to break my ps4 controller holding the stick down trying to run. This coupled with stamina issues early game makes it VERY uncomfortable to play.

PLEASE at least give us an option for the run toggle for controller users.

Run toggle was tested, but then removed due to the designers not liking the feel.

Did they try it with a controller? it took years to get the ps4 run toggle into the game, and now its gone again. With tougher zombies and early game stamina issues combined without having the controller run toggle, early game night combat is almost impossible.

Many times in the past they ignored controller players, but the controller support in a15 and 16 was so well done thats all we do anymore.

Please have someone try night combat with running zombies using only a controller, and finding out they can't keep up with them because they can't effectively steer and hold the stick down in a death grip.... lol!

I have the trader quest but no location, has anyone got the fix for this? I saw Bacon Creepy have it in his stream and MM told him how to fix it but I missed it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25381[/ATTACH]

Worked fine for me, got the marker for the quest... on the other hand i did not have the mark for the 'find the shop' after survivalist quests are complete( after campfire). The distance was marked as 0,0.

That being said, playing a bit, i measure the difference between a16. It really is a new experience, and i love it so far... i therefore believe that the behaviour of sleepers / zone of aggression is making it way more difficult (run in a street and you get 40 Zs on you :))

Also, maybe bad first experience but in forest biome, food is extremely difficult to find.

but what a pleasure to struggle to survive... it was maybe too easy in a16, now i feel like i have to roam for food and supplies :)

Well looks like i m on for a couple of hundreds of hours with my son and my wife

Good job TFP

My major gripes with the update for now:

-no FOV setting in the UI (really paternalistic choice)

-interior lighting is not baking low illumination in enclosed indoor areas anymore. Makes enclosed interior spaces too bright. The game uses many manually placed light sources as a workaround to somehow make lighting more varied.

-melee combat ability (at start) is inferior compared to using the bow. Pushes the player to use the bow. Which is mostly a balancing issue.

Yeah you're right. Being in the 20-30 fps range is still doable. Rip my friends though who had 15 fps in a16 ^^

Reflective Quality=Off

Shadows Distance=Off

Tree Quality=Low

Grass Distance=Near

Those settings seem to help with FPS. At max settings I was at 36/37 FPS. With these settings I was at 47/48. Try messing with those to get better results.

Because you can buy perks to make it swing a lot faster.

I bought one or two that did make a significant difference. Once you get some perks under your belt, it feels better.

Initial Observations:

Cannot connect to the dedicated server.. either setting it up manually, or using rat with alloc's fixes and stompy's bcm support. To my knowledge, so one has found a consistent way to connect to a dedicated server. We ended up using peer to peer. and the hitching we saw from streamers still exists pretty bad when using peer to peer on the host system.

I REALLY like the melee now! Once you get it down, it feels worlds better than before. You do need to invest in some perks though to make it shine.

Playing with others and having increased exp is a game changer... people were playing together instead of just running around doing their own thing. it IS hard to get them to stick with the stealth crouch thing instead of just running around like madmen in a16.

The candle casts no light when held, but does work as intended when placed. I made candle to reduce light output and heat, and then found I was in the dark anyway. 8/

My wife spawned back in after a vulture attack....about 20 stories up! Watching her fall was glorious, but I don't quite think she shared that same opinion.

Should a level 2 stone axe have a mod slot? Mine didn't.

We all did have confusion on what increases stamina, hydration, and health. Maybe this could be made more clear? (More experience playing might clear that up, but a new player should have more indication on what they need to focus on to keep the character in good shape.)

Performance on a 1060 even at only 1080p isn't that hot.. I can easily see horde nights being slideshows.

All the pois to explore were a treat! The game feels more polished and complex now... its also quite a bit scarier, which is great.

If the dedicated server issues can be resolved and the controller toggle run option be put back in, I think I'll be quite happy with the update!

All the best modder minds minds were looking at the dedicated server issues.. Trekkan, Stompy, and Guppy. They found ne thing that worked for some, but nothing that worked for everyone consistently.

Thanks for kicking it out before you anticipated. Regardless of the issues we had, we all still had a blast!

I have the trader quest but no location, has anyone got the fix for this? I saw Bacon Creepy have it in his stream and MM told him how to fix it but I missed it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25381[/ATTACH]

I have no problem like this, maybe because I was using Nazegame, seems it might be RWG problem only.

Only had time to play for an hour or so but my 1st impression have been awesome. Thank you TFPs!!!

Navesgane, Nomad, Default Settings except 120 minute days. Was doing great thanks to a few tips picked up watching streamers then make a huge mistake. Forgot to craft bandages and ended up bleeding to death after getting ambushed by a vulture near the trader in the wasteland biome. Got me good TFPs! It is going to be so awesome relearning (and beating) the game again. :)

Only had time to play for an hour or so but my 1st impression have been awesome. Thank you TFPs!!!

Navesgane, Nomad, Default Settings except 120 minute days. Was doing great thanks to a few tips picked up watching streamers then make a huge mistake. Forgot to craft bandages and ended up bleeding to death after getting ambushed by a vulture near the trader in the wasteland biome. Got me good TFPs! It is going to be so awesome relearning (and beating) the game again. :)

Same thing was happening to me and I ate some food and didn't die. So don't forget about food.

Update

how do i updaye my game ?

1) Right click on 7 Days to Die in your steam library

2) Select "Properties" at the bottom of the list

3) Click on the "Betas" tab at the far right

4) Click on the drop down opt-in menu

5) Click on latest_experimental

1) Right click on 7 Days to Die in your steam library

2) Select "Properties" at the bottom of the list

3) Click on the "Betas" tab at the far right

4) Click on the drop down opt-in menu

5) Click on latest_experimental

Thanks, couldn't find it cuz it was allt he way at the buttom of the list -.-

Wait to get an iron tool, which is usually day 1-7 at most.

I like a lot of the changes you guys have made, well done! I'm even coming around to the zombies not having loot (thankfully, whew). Zombies aren't nearly as difficult as I thought they would be.

That being said, I'm finding it stifling to be required to get to lvl 20 before you start getting iron tools. Only lvl 13 right now but I will probably have the same problem for abilities further down the road.

Pacing is important but if it's possible I may just have to see what the game feels like without the level requirement for skills. Seems like I may have more fun.

Archived