Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Every sleeper volume has a count of zombies. You have to clear it. Land claims and bed rolls stop new ones from spawning, but not sleepers that are already there. They will continue to be there until the count is 0, so search and destroy.

What if the building's ground space is bigger than the bedroll itself..?

- - - Updated - - -

No success so far.

What is your RWX permission set on the file?

is there a way to stop zombies from spawning inside a POI i put down land claim and sleeping bag and there still spawning inside

You have to be sure you cleared all the zombies first. If any counts are left in the volumes they will still spawn. Otherwise people could place a bedroll to prevent original spawns in a POI from happening. Sleepers are much better hidden this time around and sometimes you miss a couple. But eventually you will get them all so if it goes on and on for days then for sure report it. Hi

Oops faatal got it first

What is your RWX permission set on the file?

I can read, write and delete it. The command 'sg OptionsFieldOfView 85' changes the file but it does not have an effect in game. I can also edit the UserOptions.ini using a text editor. Result is the same.

We have been having huge respawn issues in the server we're playing in. For example, I was in a crack a book, seemingly clear of zombies, and I was pathing my way down the aisles gathering schems and such. Suddenly, there are new ones walking around and sleeping on the floor again. It happens very quickly and shouldn't be respawning with you that close. In one situation, the place turned into a zombie factory. No matter how many we killed, they kept spawning in so quick that we couldn't keep up

So I was running into radiation zones very quickly after spawning... they weren’t marked on the map, and there was no visual way to tell where they started or ended. Just walking through the forest and BAM, taking rad damage. Is this intended behavior?

That said, loving the update so far.

Random gen, btw.

I can read, write and delete it. The command 'sg OptionsFieldOfView 85' changes the file but it does not have an effect in game. I can also edit the UserOptions.ini using a text editor. Result is the same.

Looks like dm is not needed. Just:

sg OptionsFieldOfViewNew xx

Looks like 7D2D client is still talking on port 26901 but the server is no longer listening on it. Looks like 26900 is for the listing of game servers and 26902 is the game. If you have set your firewall to allow 26901 and then the server returns a Destination Unreachable (or is not listening) then it seems to generate a Connection Timeout.

Not sure this will help anyone but that is what found.

One possible solution, one possible bug:

If anyone gets "Connection timed out" when connecting to a server, the server may have to turn on SteamNetworking (it is disabled by default in serverconfig.xml). PS: I tried nearby ports, in my case it definitely wasn't closed or wrong ports. I also could see which ports were open with "netstat -a"

I'm in the game now, am the only one, have hit ESC but the time continues to run. Shouldn't the time stop in this case?

Does anybody know if its possible to disable "show on map" on pvp servers? Every friend that joins my server is appering on map, what breaks the experience.

Otherwise, the game is awesome. Congratulations for the amazing job!

Testers haven’t been able to duplicate this. Any video evidence would be good from anyone experiencing this. I’ve also not seen this. People don’t show up on my map until they are friended.

I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and now I get an error saying "content file locked". I've tried changing my beta options to 16.4, to experimental, to opt out, Nothing. I think it's a problem with the passworded streamer beta. Can the devs remove the "enter beta access code to unlock private betas" option? Maybe that will fix it? As of now, no one who has downloaded the game after 17E release can play it!

The gameplay is a little 'skippy' if that makes sense..

I'm running max details possible.

Anyone know what specific setting is causing the skips?

i7 6700

GTX 1070 8GB

32GB Ram

500GB NVMe SSD

I cannot connect to any server. Whether it's one I've put up locally (dedicated on another machine) or any of the servers on the server list. Whenever I try to connect, it just says connection timed out.

Any thoughts?

Had same issue until i changed this line to blank in the server config.

<property name="ServerDisabledNetworkProtocols" value=""/> <!-- Networking protocols that should not be used. Separated by comma. Possible values: LiteNetLib, SteamNetworking -->

I haven't played in a while and this update has been a lot of fun so far. I have a question about running zombies. I was clearing a building at 2 PM when two of the sleepers woke up and ran outside after me. I thought zombies only ran at night unless they were feral or special zombies.

Archived