Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

On an unrelated note, would anyone be able to tell me: how are voxels/blocks being saved if not with an ID? Having done some work in Unity myself I am very curious how this was achieved.

My guess is that they are still saved as an id, but in the xml you just use names. The xml parser does the names to id translation internally.

My guess is that they are still saved as an id, but in the xml you just use names. The xml parser does the names to id translation internally.

I suspect that might be the case as well. Was just curious if the came up with something outside of the box.

What if there was a moon cycle? New moon, Full moon, the works. That way you still have a few pitch black days (though make it like after day 7 at least since you'd have a light source for sure by then). I love those with just a mining helmet.

Its still really dark, and nearly pitch black indoors at night. The problem is everyone is changing their gamma, and that just makes all the media look horrible. Its unfair to not be able to see too, like getting in a death loop on horde night because your base is trashed and your bedroll is shredded and spawning in the middle of black nowhere but the zeds keep killing you isn't cool. Hopefully this next version is a bit better.

First thing imma do is check if I can mod back pack.

If I can sweet.

If not it be delete

I run 1 vanilla on 1 drive and mod in out stuff on the second

I think I will have to first tackle the temperature (again) still seems way too wonky few second to go from overheat to freezing is not looking like fun.

Its still really dark, and nearly pitch black indoors at night. The problem is everyone is changing their gamma, and that just makes all the media look horrible. Its unfair to not be able to see too, like getting in a death loop on horde night because your base is trashed and your bedroll is shredded and spawning in the middle of black nowhere but the zeds keep killing you isn't cool. Hopefully this next version is a bit better.

Ah, okay. I'm cool with that. I keep my gamma at default because I hate the extra whitewash with higher gamma and of course the blackened version when lowering it. So I'm really used to playing the game with near pitch black. My friend actually plays with raised gamma, but I refuse to, I love the creep and scare factor of it being dark then suddenly seeing a silhouette in the corner. I can understand outside being a little brighter, I just had thought you meant inside was going to be much brighter, too.

Wiped 7 days off three systems here, installed the dedicated server that was updated a few hours ago and made the server changes, and passed the ip address and password onto our friends.

I'm ready... bring it!

dedi still 16.4 here

Cheers

-edit- if you are on win and have a filesize of 6770 kb of assembly-csharp.dll in /Managed, be disappointed, be very disappointed

I run 1 vanilla on 1 drive and mod in out stuff on the second

I think I will have to first tackle the temperature (again) still seems way too wonky few second to go from overheat to freezing is not looking like fun.

Yeh I have a vanilla game where any updates etc occur. And I have several 7dtd games that I mod like one be prefabbing. One be modded that i play etc etc each named different. But me playing 7dtd again all depends if I can still mod my back pack.

Archived