Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Having yet to play A17 I am hesitant to say this but I suspect this might be a game breaking change for me. I will give it a try and see how it feels, however I suspect I may have issues motivating myself to kill zombies just for the xp they give. Most of my base designs (I'm a huge fan of base building, especially in this game) are set up to survive the BM while killing as many zombies as I can. The payoff being the loot they drop.

Additionally I tend to kill zombies, yes for the xp but more importantly because they have a chance of dropping decent loot. Nurses could drop antibiotics, military zombies could drop guns. I feel there needs to be a payoff especially if zombies are (and they do look to be) a lot smarter and perhaps more difficult to kill. This change will likely result in me (and likely many others) avoiding zombies more than engaging with them.

Not having corpses everywhere is a nice change I have to admit, however it really seems like this change plays more into the style of the people who prefer to explore more than base build. I do explore as well, and having less to deal with w.r.t zombies while exploring sounds quite beneficial but as a base builder this really detracts from the appeal of the game.

On an unrelated note, would anyone be able to tell me: how are voxels/blocks being saved if not with an ID? Having done some work in Unity myself I am very curious how this was achieved.

Revenge is a nice motivator, you will die and die a lot in places and situations you never imagined. The tables have turned, you are no longer thinking about your reward and what you think you deserve. You are happy to survive and have your life. Getting through a blood moon or even through a big POI is not easy.

And then you will be like:

I need to find food.

I need a cooking pot.

♥♥♥♥ I can't cook that now I need a perk.

OMG this is so cool, wait how is it day 7?

I need to get my stuff back.

Where is my base?

I need to go to bed.

I need to call in sick tomorrow.

No in-game spouses yet, huh? Damn. I always wanted to ride out the horde night while...riding it out.

I need to find food.

I need a cooking pot.

Where is my base?

I need to go to bed.

Man that must be a good feeling when you make something and people call in sick to play your creation.

Revenge is a nice motivator, you will die and die a lot in places and situations you never imagined. The tables have turned, you are no longer thinking about your reward and what you think you deserve. You are happy to survive and have your life. Getting through a blood moon or even through a big POI is not easy.

Love it!! I want to die in this game. I play dead is dead. Dying IS my favorite endgame so I can try to survive longer next time around.

Guys & Gals, drop everything you're doing:

I'm psyched outta my mind right now! I swear, I'm doing an all-nighter! With pen & paper ready because I will be too lazy to tab to windows and write down bugs, and I want to enjoy the new scenery and lighting.

Oooh, it's real! They're building the Kracken for release!

The improved night time visibility will assist with stealth.

Hello, just wanting not to miss something, but no version is still released to steam client, as i dont see the latest experimental. Was confused because there is already the other thread for streamers feedback, so I genuinely guessed we would get this version today too :)

*cannot wait till i get my hands on the kraken*

I am reallly hopeful about what you just said - So far from every streamer iv watched this weekend they all seem to be sub-par survivalist. As a long time 7day slayer, im looking forward to the challenge.

I need to find food.

I need a cooking pot.

Where is my base?

I need to go to bed.

If only.... but I got told I get to come in early and work a 12... haha

I need to find food.

I need a cooking pot.

Where is my base?

I need to go to bed.

lol, so much to do!!!

Guys & Gals, drop everything you're doing:

I'm psyched outta my mind right now! I swear, I'm doing an all-nighter! With pen & paper ready because I will be too lazy to tab to windows and write down bugs, and I want to enjoy the new scenery and lighting.

What if there was a moon cycle? New moon, Full moon, the works. That way you still have a few pitch black days (though make it like after day 7 at least since you'd have a light source for sure by then). I love those with just a mining helmet.

Thanks for the fast reply! I appreciate that, and as I said I'm more than happy to give it a go. I'm just voicing my concern for part of the game that I love :smile-new:

Thanks for the fast reply! I appreciate that, and as I said I'm more than happy to give it a go. I'm just voicing my concern for part of the game that I love :smile-new:

I kind of felt the same way Stives, but after watching lots of streams and learning that the zombies have a 2% chance to drop a bag (so 1 in 50) which pretty much always has great loot my fear was gone. I'm going to love killing lots of zombies looking for that bag for great loot.

Archived