Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Hey MM, how does it feel to finally get a17 out? Nervous or like a proud parent?

Proud. I knew we had something special about a month ago when I was starting to seriously test every night. The streamers and audience reactions only confirmed it.

That has to be a bug with low quality graphics settings hopefully we can fix.

That's good to hear. Hopefully it's addressed before A17 stable. Some players are forced to play on low settings. The bug fundamentally changes gameplay, especially for teammates who have different graphic settings in the same game.

Proud. I knew we had something special about a month ago when I was starting to seriously test every night. The streamers and audience reactions only confirmed it.

Time to start pumping out expansions! Alot of us would gladly pay for them. You guys need money to keep producing this amount of content!

Good. The Project Management discipline was non-existent for this version. You should consider getting a *real* PM that understands the gaming development process, and has the authority to make people toe the line. Many exist. Really, the project creep here for an alpha was horrendous and completely unacceptable in all but hobby projects. Now that I've said what desperately needed to be said, I will shut my mouth and go back to the shadows. (Awaiting the ban hammer and "you're a poopy-head" type comments).

So how much project coordination experience do you have, how about coding ? Seems like you would be a great fit for the team. You know it all already.

Does anyone have a link to a decent & informative Utube Vid cos & I dont mean to offend but the 2 Ive seen from well known Utubers were ♥♥♥♥.... Lowest difficulty, walking zombies dies 2 times while stood still & fighting 1 zombie lmao... Ramped up Mods ive been attacked by 20 before while 30 are roaming within 10 meters of me..... This is NOT hard by any means nor does it show off the points of Alpha 17 in any way I find interesting

Oh & while im commenting to I just say that the Health system, Stam heal bollocks was obviously thought up by someone WHO HAS NEVER played a PC or any other type of game in their life lol....

Its nothing short of Stupid..... I watched a Utber get his ass kicked (By a single zombie) He had meds & bandages on him & couldnt heal with either until he upped the stam bar by using 10 bandages lol....

Yeah i don't think any of the hardened fans are appreciating what we're seeing on the streams from what I've been hearing.

The real test is when we get a crack at it.

Kage is cool but he really should be grabbing up cotton to make cloth and bandages.

No backseat gaming! Graaar! LOL

A future update putting a changeable value in the config file for number of claim blocks allowed would seem to allow for all options.

Of course we had talked about that option but you know... there were a lot of things to do in this update and we went with the one way that would work without turning into a huge can of worms all by itself.

Just for starters, this "simple" option would require a UI to determine which claim block is active and which isn't.

I can't wait to see more of the Perks and stuff, trying to plan what hubby will take on and what I need to pick up is hard from watching the streams. (we play MP on our own server). The graphics are SWEET@@@. The only oddity I saw was vultures kept flapping after they were killed. Love the new POIs and the quest I saw was interesting, hope to see more of those as well. It is hard for me to watch the streamers since my vertigo kicks in. Stupid i know, I manage to get motion sick in car washes as well. frack me. GREAT UPDATE!!!!

@faatal

Had a short brief with my 8y/o nephew who likes the stories I tell him about this game before he falls asleep and when I told him that we can`t build underground houses anymore to be safe (cuz your AI) he said a bit worried to me, quote "so he is making all of you homeless ?" You guys.. thank you !

So did I get the progression right? There is only one XP pool. When you level up you get points which you then buy perks or skills for ex strength.

In other words kill zombies and magically become a great mechanic?

Hmmm....

But damn that alpha looks good!!

after killing them you set a lil and have a deep thinking, YOU FIGURED SOMETHING OUT IN MECHANICS!!! :) :)

but you also get xp from other things, so thats that

after killing them you set a lil and have a deep thinking, YOU FIGURED SOMETHING OUT IN MECHANICS!!! :) :)

but you also get xp from other things, so thats that

Yeah I got that. You can also become a great farmer or gunsmith :)

Question is can we mod it or is it hard coded?

Personally I think its breaking immersion to set out points. I rather make 100 clubs...yeah I said it :D

May I recommend Grumbul to anyone looking for a laid back and chill stream. Been a fan of his for years and he bleeds 7 days. Does Not use Creative at all, and when i last checked on him he was on Day 8, no deaths and having a blast with it.

Yeah, this guy is good. Never heard of him before.Thanks for the link!

So do that and then spend the point on improved crafting right afterward....

trolland strikes again

- - - Updated - - -

Won't help me with that sweet immersion though...

But honestly. Do you know if it's hard coded or still in the XML?

i think , its something simple in A17 but only for someone who moded before , iam not a dev so you can pass my point

LOL - I had to read that twice, the first time I thought you were talking about something else entirely.

Yeah my mind had to catch up to my reading too as I am pretty sure I had the same thought you did at first.

@faatal

Had a short brief with my 8y/o nephew who likes the stories I tell him about this game before he falls asleep and when I told him that we can`t build underground houses anymore to be safe (cuz your AI) he said a bit worried to me, quote "so he is making all of you homeless ?" You guys.. thank you !

LOl, that is great.. TFP wrecking bases and dreams since Alpha 17...

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, this guy is good. Never heard of him before.Thanks for the link!

I was going to try your guy until I saw no deaths. I want to see people ripped up by the new AI :)

So, Hurricane Michael ripped my city apart (as it did many in its path). After all is said and done I have a cool tale to tell (aside from witnessing the eye of the storm first hand -- creepy). When the storm passed, my kids were on top of things and started playing a real life survival game. After the gas in our grill was expended - firewood had to be chopped and gathered and stored in their perspective piles (kindling, tinder, logs). Make campfires. With no power (power controls our well) we had to build rain-catchers utilizing the gutters that were torn from our house and we made dew collectors. Had to maintain our stamina, hydration, and watch our heat and (later) cold temps. We bartered with neighbors for goods and services. Food had to be gathered (one time there was a relief drop pod dropped near us haha), and with my vehicle totalled we had to utilize bikes (or our feet). Now, while there was no zombies, there were bandits in the form of looters. I attribute my kids actions to the thousands of hours they have accumulated playing this game. It wasn't a picnic by any means, but with the fam knowing what need(s/ed) to be done it made things a helluva lot easier. A funny anecdote, my daughter told me we need to find seeds so we can start farming. I assured her that the power wouldn't be "that far off". So, in short, I suppose video games can teach in a positive way (not that i doubted it before) :). ^5'z

Archived