Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

after killing them you set a lil and have a deep thinking, YOU FIGURED SOMETHING OUT IN MECHANICS!!! :) :)

but you also get xp from other things, so thats that

Yeah I got that. You can also become a great farmer or gunsmith :)

Question is can we mod it or is it hard coded?

Personally I think its breaking immersion to set out points. I rather make 100 clubs...yeah I said it :D

May I recommend Grumbul to anyone looking for a laid back and chill stream. Been a fan of his for years and he bleeds 7 days. Does Not use Creative at all, and when i last checked on him he was on Day 8, no deaths and having a blast with it.

Yeah, this guy is good. Never heard of him before.Thanks for the link!

So do that and then spend the point on improved crafting right afterward....

trolland strikes again

- - - Updated - - -

Won't help me with that sweet immersion though...

But honestly. Do you know if it's hard coded or still in the XML?

i think , its something simple in A17 but only for someone who moded before , iam not a dev so you can pass my point

@faatal

Had a short brief with my 8y/o nephew who likes the stories I tell him about this game before he falls asleep and when I told him that we can`t build underground houses anymore to be safe (cuz your AI) he said a bit worried to me, quote "so he is making all of you homeless ?" You guys.. thank you !

LOl, that is great.. TFP wrecking bases and dreams since Alpha 17...

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, this guy is good. Never heard of him before.Thanks for the link!

I was going to try your guy until I saw no deaths. I want to see people ripped up by the new AI :)

So, Hurricane Michael ripped my city apart (as it did many in its path). After all is said and done I have a cool tale to tell (aside from witnessing the eye of the storm first hand -- creepy). When the storm passed, my kids were on top of things and started playing a real life survival game. After the gas in our grill was expended - firewood had to be chopped and gathered and stored in their perspective piles (kindling, tinder, logs). Make campfires. With no power (power controls our well) we had to build rain-catchers utilizing the gutters that were torn from our house and we made dew collectors. Had to maintain our stamina, hydration, and watch our heat and (later) cold temps. We bartered with neighbors for goods and services. Food had to be gathered (one time there was a relief drop pod dropped near us haha), and with my vehicle totalled we had to utilize bikes (or our feet). Now, while there was no zombies, there were bandits in the form of looters. I attribute my kids actions to the thousands of hours they have accumulated playing this game. It wasn't a picnic by any means, but with the fam knowing what need(s/ed) to be done it made things a helluva lot easier. A funny anecdote, my daughter told me we need to find seeds so we can start farming. I assured her that the power wouldn't be "that far off". So, in short, I suppose video games can teach in a positive way (not that i doubted it before) :). ^5'z

So, Hurricane Michael ripped my city apart (as it did many in its path)....

That is really kind of cool. When an EMP or solar storm hits (which is an eventuality... period) it will be a decade before the lights come back on and it won't be like a game anymore after the first few days when people begin shooting each other for food.

None the less, good that your kids have the concept down yet unfortunate that 99.5% of the people lack the knowledge and skills to survive more than a month or two in real life. Your daughter has the right idea, a couple non hybrid seed stock collections in the freezer is a good place to start now. When it does happen... and it will... any seeds you find will likely be hybrid commercial seed that won't produce seed for the next harvest.

I have been preparing for thirty years, the real thing won't be like a game.

Last night, Madmole was talking about adding musket rifles as a tear one sniper rifle. I wonder if he was talking about Kentucky rifles because muskets are smoothbore and don't have that.

Time start: 1:06:45

would make complete sense to have Long Rifles be the first tier sniper rifle seeing as those were the first ever used for sniping.

So, Hurricane Michael ripped my city apart (as it did many in its path). After all is said and done I have a cool tale to tell (aside from witnessing the eye of the storm first hand -- creepy). When the storm passed, my kids were on top of things and started playing a real life survival game. After the gas in our grill was expended - firewood had to be chopped and gathered and stored in their perspective piles (kindling, tinder, logs). Make campfires. With no power (power controls our well) we had to build rain-catchers utilizing the gutters that were torn from our house and we made dew collectors. Had to maintain our stamina, hydration, and watch our heat and (later) cold temps. We bartered with neighbors for goods and services. Food had to be gathered (one time there was a relief drop pod dropped near us haha), and with my vehicle totalled we had to utilize bikes (or our feet). Now, while there was no zombies, there were bandits in the form of looters. I attribute my kids actions to the thousands of hours they have accumulated playing this game. It wasn't a picnic by any means, but with the fam knowing what need(s/ed) to be done it made things a helluva lot easier. A funny anecdote, my daughter told me we need to find seeds so we can start farming. I assured her that the power wouldn't be "that far off". So, in short, I suppose video games can teach in a positive way (not that i doubted it before) :). ^5'z

Awesome story! I'm glad you guys made it through! I was snowed in with no power for a couple of weeks. You're right, it's no pic-nic, but with some common sense and initiative, completely survivable.

We intend to release much shorter alphas in the future. How much shorter should be a welcome surprise but I'm not saying. That still doesn't address your concern though about PVE building all over. We do have grander ideas for land claims but what we did was what we could with the limited time we had. We'll take your needs into consideration at the next round table discussion though.

Thankyou to all who posted your offers of advice on how we should proceed, we are however a well oiled machine and long time running server, Oz.Nz Rawhope started live back in Alpha 10, (thanks to 2 guys Mythan and RooiValk777) this server is not new to adjusting to each alpha. We are fine with some not knowing us here in the forums, because we don't gripe and complain about every change in the alphas, we roll with the punches and get on with playing the game. If no changes are made will will still love and play the game, we will still run our server for our large community and we already have a work-around in motion.

We were not complaining or asking for ways around this new change, we simply wanted to bring to light how the change will affect "us". We have done that and thankfully I was able to explain it in a way that MM understood.

We truly do all appreciate the acknowledgment of the issues we are facing MM, and thrilled that you see it from our side. Thats all i could ask for. Many server owners were following this thread and the subject matter the moment i started it. I knew i would get input from many directions, knew I would get those who were distracted by their own limitations of knowledge of not experiencing what we deal with day in and day out, which is fine by us, my only goal was to bring it to light, to those who cam make a difference.

lol, I would love to get into the debate on the subject of our admin builds, and point out that most of those I created, with ONLY what the fun pimps give us in create mode, no diff tricks or recipes, we still sit in the Unmodded section of 7 days, which proves we don't change the .xml's. I could even do a vid and show people how I created each of my builds, (the ones some feel the need to point out) but ALL that has NOTHING to do with the reason I spoke out. My builds are not what we want to protect. Our player builds are. Like Damit said, your welcome to go see for yourself :) no need to debate that here. Our players are a friendly bunch and would show anyone around.

Bring on a17, we are Ready here at oz.nz Rawhope, and our player base is already trickling back in pacing the floors of our discord, excited for the release. Much planned for experimental. Much testing for us, to see how our "Not 8 Player" Server will handle a17. lets get onto Playing the game. !!!

I gotta say I am more than a little disappointed at some of the twitch comments made about her... People's perv really came through and it was really disgusting.

My apologies to you, pokket, and especially your girlfriend for having to endure people's rampant sexual immaturity.

I'm sure her mom likes the compliment you just gave her calling her Pokket's GF.

@faatal

Had a short brief with my 8y/o nephew who likes the stories I tell him about this game before he falls asleep and when I told him that we can`t build underground houses anymore to be safe (cuz your AI) he said a bit worried to me, quote "so he is making all of you homeless ?" You guys.. thank you !

I aim to evict!

I just got done watching one of the streams and I loved a lot of what I've seen thus far!

I do have a question for later builds since I saw something that happens in every game, and that is that sometimes, nights get very boring. Will there ever be any type of player to player gambling or little "mini games" that we players can do to kill time when waiting? I like the idea of having some down time and utilizing it in a fun way rather than sitting around watching the game hours tick by when you're in a pretty bad situation to do anything about zombies outside waiting to kill you. To wager money or even weapons to a few games of 2 player poker or blackjack, and then maybe more players if there was the ability to craft card tables, roulette tables, or any other type of old-school or even medieval pub game entertainment (think the Fable games), then that would be awesome.

It's funny; I'm blessed and get to watch modders still excitedly mod for a16, like manux and his boat mod...

... I'm feeling super blessed that the pimps have made modding easier in a17, and want to take this last opportunity to thank them before the a18 thread is opened...

Thanks guys!

It's funny; I'm blessed and get to watch modders still excitedly mod for a16, like manux and his boat mod...

... I'm feeling super blessed that the pimps have made modding easier in a17, and want to take this last opportunity to thank them before the a18 thread is opened...

Thanks guys!

Looking at mods impress me and also disappoint me. So many things I wish the vanilla game had!

Thanks guys!

Yeah agreed.

I just spent time reading all the changes and noticed just how much they did for Modders.

What a great team!

Really good choice to embrace the community!

Can't wait to sink my teeth into A17.

I think I may even have found a way to simulate logic gates.

AND/OR/NOR at least and maaaaaaaybe XAND and XNOR.... using the buff system.

Hahahaha I can't wait to see if I can pull it off.

Archived