Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Hey now thats my GF your talking about.

I gotta say I am more than a little disappointed at some of the twitch comments made about her... People's perv really came through and it was really disgusting.

My apologies to you, pokket, and especially your girlfriend for having to endure people's rampant sexual immaturity.

I gotta say I am more than a little disappointed at some of the twitch comments made about her... People's perv really came through and it was really disgusting.

My apologies to you, pokket, and especially your girlfriend for having to endure people's rampant sexual immaturity.

This ^^, i was a little uneasy at the way they were being disrespectful also. I was glad the modders where ontop of it, i saw the messages being deleted as soon as they were posted, Great job to your modders pokket, You, Your Mom and Mm did a great job with the Q & A stream

Open server MM, we do have PVE rules, but that does not mean there are not those who LOVE to come and grief players builds, it happens a lot. hackers and greifers are a real thing in big open servers.

We allow all players to join us from many diff countries. We love the 24/7 around the clock players, but as admins we cannot be there 24/7 to keep an eye on every single player. When an alpha drops we have 40 players on and many waiting to join. Its not easy to manage such a server. hence why the land claims Help out SO much for us.

As i said, this isnt a rant, we are not telling you how to make your game. Just wished to express how our server will be affected by the change. We will still be playing and still all looking forward to a big a17.

Just hate that we may have to find a work around.

First of all, I'm glad that you are enjoying the game and that you have built a decent community online.

However, I feel compelled to point out that you are not using the game in a manner consistent with the intent of the creators.

The game was designed as PVE singleplayer or co-op for up to 8 players, if memory serves. The fact that you are able to host more than that number consistently is more a matter of good fortune than intention.

My other point is in reference to your "many waiting to join" statement. If your server is truly that popular, it could be whitelisted which would discourage random griefers from being such a problem.

While I have also been frustrated with many game design choices over the years, all we can do is give our feedback and wait.

I hope you are able to continue enjoying the game in spite of any new obstacles to that end.

I certainly realize The Pimps have every right and reason to stick with the 8 player maximum when making their design choices, but the fact is their game is used for much much more than that, and much much more than is designed for in general, and I don't think they realized just how big their game is outside of that 8-player confinement.

Open server MM, we do have PVE rules, but that does not mean there are not those who LOVE to come and grief players builds, it happens a lot. hackers and greifers are a real thing in big open servers.

We allow all players to join us from many diff countries. We love the 24/7 around the clock players, but as admins we cannot be there 24/7 to keep an eye on every single player. When an alpha drops we have 40 players on and many waiting to join. Its not easy to manage such a server. hence why the land claims Help out SO much for us.

As i said, this isnt a rant, we are not telling you how to make your game. Just wished to express how our server will be affected by the change. We will still be playing and still all looking forward to a big a17.

Just hate that we may have to find a work around.

Server cfg:

<property name="LandClaimSize" value="41"/> <!-- Size in blocks that is protected by a keystone -->

I certainly realize The Pimps have every right and reason to stick with the 8 player maximum when making their design choices, but the fact is their game is used for much much more than that, and much much more than is designed for in general, and I don't think they realized just how big their game is outside of that 8-player confinement.

Thats like saying Bethesda isn't aware of mods.

Server cfg:

<property name="LandClaimSize" value="41"/> <!-- Size in blocks that is protected by a keystone -->

XD

We already plan to bring that up in size MM, this does not allow our players to build 2 diff areas of the map tho does it? Be very aware of how long it is in between alphas, and very aware that we have players that stick with us thought the Whole year, one build gets kinda boring over time, community builds are important and need protecting, we keep our players interested and active in the game and allow more builds.

Yes, we all play the game how you intended it to be played MM, for the first 2-3 months, then the newness wears off, and our players look for new things to build, after reaching 200 it becomes a building game for Most our players. This is what keeps servers active for the whole year of an alpha. Many differant builds, Protecting them is a must.

I dont wish to sound like i am ungratful about the choices and decisions with your game, and am trying to explain this in the nicest calmest way possible , this is my experiance from being admin for years on a large multiplayer server.

I don't understand. A streamer had 3 zombies 10 feet from them on an open road and the zombies disappeared right in front of them. How do you "hide" that?

So likely these are lod (level of detail) issues... In unity you show different lod textures depending on how far the camera (player) is from the object...

My /guess/ is that they don't have that setup quite right yet (it's tricky determining which distance for which level works best) or actually haven't yet made the low detailed textures yet for "low graphic" settings, but remember, it's all still being worked on.

/guessing since 1971

- - - Updated - - -

Thats like saying Bethesda isn't aware of mods.

I knew you would get defensive, but you guys simply don't test in that environment.

And I'm not even blaming you, or even expecting you too, I'm simply asking you to take another look at it, and not just instantly dismiss it.

Server cfg:

This is the added magic of experimental, we get to do just that.

We are going to try a claim size value="101" and see how it goes, players do seem to want to build life size replicas of the Taj Mahal.

XD

We already plan to bring that up in size MM, this does not allow our players to build 2 diff areas of the map tho does it? Be very aware of how long it is in between alphas, and very aware that we have players that stick with us thought the Whole year, one build gets kinda boring over time, community builds are important and need protecting, we keep our players interested and active in the game and allow more builds.

Yes, we all play the game how you intended it to be played MM, for the first 2-3 months, then the newness wears off, and our players look for new things to build, after reaching 200 it becomes a building game for Most our players. This is what keeps servers active for the whole year of an alpha. Many differant builds, Protecting them is a must.

I dont wish to sound like i am ungratful about the choices and decisions with your game, and am trying to explain this in the nicest calmest way possible , this is my experiance from being admin for years on a large multiplayer server.

Make a website (I suppose you already have one), in order for people to be able to join the server they need to be whitelisted. Kind of like how TFRP does it in GTAV.

There are tons of workarounds.

In my experience LCB has done nothing but ruin the game. People, on every other server in existence, place the blocks around the world just to mess with other people. That affects way more than 5000 people.

For that reason I personally want the LCB to be removed from the game completely. Instead they can have a queued script saying the blocks that are placed by players already has the "LCB-buff", but not the area around it - basically make blocks placed by players buffed.

Now, if you dig below the building it'll fall right?

Yes, but that'll give the player and (hopefully, depending how active they are) the mods time to stop the player from abusing it.

And once the build is complete, they can make the blocks static.

To those who watch streams, have you picked up some good tips to not get wrecked the first few days?

Yes. The zombie animations have an order. My plan is to knock them down with arrows, wait for them to fall, make sure I step back so that they're "getting up swing" does not connect, and then do a finishing move with a club.

My head math says I can also club, club, power move Club, knock down, step back, step in, power move to finish, 2 normal Zeds, before losing stamina.

Yes. The zombie animations have an order. My plan is to knock them down with arrows, wait for them to fall, make sure I step back so that they're "getting up swing" does not connect, and then do a finishing move with a club.

My head math says I can also club, club, power move Club, knock down, step back, step in, power move to finish, 2 normal Zeds, before losing stamina.

I can`t wait to test out the new combat system. I love when alphas change alot because its like a whole new game to get used too, but still in the same enviroment which i love

You can over eat.

So it comes down to always stuffing yourself. And you have no idea if your fullness is 101% or 150%.

And it still makes no sense that your stamina gets penalized for not being fed to the point where you literally can't eat any more. It's supposed to be an apocalypse... Wouldn't you expect to go hungry for a while sometimes?

When food is 0% is your stamina also 0% so you can't even punch a plant to get something to eat?

Another thing I noticed: Finding stations at traders is totally useless now. Without a perk, you won't be crafting anyway.

Really?

Then please explain how they built that dump truck honest question here that didn't look possible.

...you should visit the prefab section more... Especially check pille and horst's vehicle builds...

Those are all vanilla blocks.

Amazing what people can make...

Well, I thought that Joel's girlfriend was really nice, just like her daughter Pokketninja.

And thank you Joel for taking time to answer questions. It was fun.

Now about A17e... Wonderful!!! I played with DianddraD and Beelzybud last night and it was a blast. I got wrecked many times, but half of it was my own fault for wanting to get my bag in the middle of the night. The dog horde on the first or second day was brutal!

Great job TFP! I couldn't be happier.

Joel I watched a few different, videos and as thought everyone tried to do The ABC's of 7DTD. And everyone thus far got Waxed.

That just proves gamewise nice job to you and the team. The funniest one though was you and PocketNinja, where you kept trying to give her hints and she still Died. I made a vid meme but I figure you've gotten ragged enough. TFP from what i've seen so far take a bow.

"Stay down!" seems like a pretty bad perk. Since zombies won't stay down, knocking them down just makes their heads harder to hit.

Good when you are trapped by a zombie. Knock them down and you can escape.

With the sledgehammer, you got some serious crowd control.

Archived