Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Omg, some of the streamers are idiots! Lol! One was was just playing with creative mode tooling around on the chopper, and another couldn't figure out why he couldn't make something that clearly showed he not only didn't have the resources and that he also didn't have a workbench!

Have these guys never played the game before at all?

I also didn't see one person even try to use stealth.

Thankfully, Kage knew what he was doing.

Oh let's give them a break.

It's hard to figure out all that new stuff while trying to stay alive and also entertaining people on the stream.

I thought they all did pretty well.

Kage really was exceptional though, I'll completely agree with you on that. :cocksure:

Oh let's give them a break

I'd give then a break of they look like they had ever played the game at all before, but two of them looked like it read thier first time playing.

And you get early access and just screw around driving the chopper? C'mon!

Please understand this is not a rant, I have come to terms with this new change and am trying to work around it somehow, but to whoever is out there in the fun pimps office making the big changes , I want to express how damaging the one Land claim per player will mean to our PVE server. I feel the need to speak a little about it as i am sure we are not the ONLY server that will be affected.

I know this is "The Fun Pimps" baby, I know they have the rights to create their game how they vision it to be, I also know the reasons for this change and i have heard Madmole answer my own question about it in the stream today. His response was, they allow a larger claim block so they don't feel allowing only one claim will be a problem.

Maybe we are small potatoes in the big picture, maybe our 5000 plus player base still dosent have any impact on if we can give any input in this area, but I still feel the need to express how much this change affects us.

We have always tried so hard to leave our oz.nz server in vanilla, we Love the vanilla, Love what the fun pimps have made this game into, we have stuck by them and worked around every obstacle or bug that has come our way, we have even given input and helped out with information for major issues our server has come across over the years. We have respected and loved the community.

This is why it saddens me so much that after all this time we will be forced into a work around or into modded, due to this change, I really wish it wasn't so, I hate to have to after all this time, but our PVE base players are a creative lot, and they LOVE to build and enjoy such a large community, that this forced one land claim per player is going to make it near impossible for our players to enjoy the game in the way they love to.

It was great while it lasted, lets just say, there wont be anything like this (See vid link below) in a17 due to the fact it will be to hard to keep their builds protected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vjta4aozA0 (The creativeness of our players in a16)

We will adjust and roll with the changes, I just wanted someone in the decision making process to understand how much the little thing you feel shouldn't be an issue, really is a major big issue for us.

Please understand this is not a rant, I have come to terms with this new change and am trying to work around it somehow, but to whoever is out there in the fun pimps office making the big changes , I want to express how damaging the one Land claim per player will mean to our PVE server. I feel the need to speak a little about it as i am sure we are not the ONLY server that will be affected.

I know this is "The Fun Pimps" baby, I know they have the rights to create their game how they vision it to be, I also know the reasons for this change and i have heard Madmole answer my own question about it in the stream today. His response was, they allow a larger claim block so they don't feel allowing only one claim will be a problem.

Maybe we are small potatoes in the big picture, maybe our 5000 plus player base still dosent have any impact on if we can give any input in this area, but I still feel the need to express how much this change affects us.

We have always tried so hard to leave our oz.nz server in vanilla, we Love the vanilla, Love what the fun pimps have made this game into, we have stuck by them and worked around every obstacle or bug that has come our way, we have even given input and helped out with information for major issues our server has come across over the years. We have respected and loved the community.

This is why it saddens me so much that after all this time we will be forced into a work around or into modded, due to this change, I really wish it wasn't so, I hate to have to after all this time, but our PVE base players are a creative lot, and they LOVE to build and enjoy such a large community, that this forced one land claim per player is going to make it near impossible for our players to enjoy the game in the way they love to.

It was great while it lasted, lets just say, there wont be anything like this (See vid link below) in a17 due to the fact it will be to hard to keep their builds protected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vjta4aozA0 (The creativeness of our players in a16)

We will adjust and roll with the changes, I just wanted someone in the decision making process to understand how much the little thing you feel shouldn't be an issue, really is a major big issue for us.

Did you say 5,000 players. Pretty sure if you had a 5,000 player base I would have at least heard of you.

Looking at that stuff in your video it was not created in the default game anyway so what is the problem this is causing you?

Another recommendation: Max stamina should start dropping at 50%.

I remember Roland saying in a16, you don't have to keep your fullness maxed out all the time - well, in a17 you do. Plus yet again, it makes no sense that the second you are not filled to the brim your samina decreases...

You can over eat.

Did you say 5,000 players. Pretty sure if you had a 5,000 player base I would have at least heard of you.

Looking at that stuff in your video it was not created in the default game anyway so what is the problem this is causing you?

What makes you say that? Looks like they just added recipes for vanilla blocks in.

What problem? Did you see the size of some of those structures they built? Bigger than a single LCB is going to cover. I totally see and agree with the point. That single LCB change is going to destroy the building for fun aspect of the game. Not everyone ofc will be affected by that, but many will.

If its PVE, why do you even need a land claim?

Open server MM, we do have PVE rules, but that does not mean there are not those who LOVE to come and grief players builds, it happens a lot. hackers and greifers are a real thing in big open servers.

We allow all players to join us from many diff countries. We love the 24/7 around the clock players, but as admins we cannot be there 24/7 to keep an eye on every single player. When an alpha drops we have 40 players on and many waiting to join. Its not easy to manage such a server. hence why the land claims Help out SO much for us.

As i said, this isnt a rant, we are not telling you how to make your game. Just wished to express how our server will be affected by the change. We will still be playing and still all looking forward to a big a17.

Just hate that we may have to find a work around.

What makes you say that? Looks like they just added recipes for vanilla blocks in.

What problem? Did you see the size of some of those structures they built? Bigger than a single LCB is going to cover. I totally see and agree with the point. That single LCB change is going to destroy the building for fun aspect of the game. Not everyone ofc will be affected by that, but many will.

Adding recipies and new blocks doesn't count as modded?

I still don't get the issue with building for fun part. I build quite a bit but never had issues with lcb. Idk how it ruins anything when I never used them.

I'm assuming most of that is built in creative mode and it can now be saved and exported out via the new system.

Game looks like even more fun for early game now, which is the best part. Zombies are moving well too and the POIs look great. I'm concerned about zombies disappearing in front of you when on low settings though. That's a huge problem and I hope TFP are addressing it.

They plan to hide the disappearing but probably not for A17.

No custom recipes, just some stuff from creative sold via vending machine or gifted as prizes for players who won server events

A future update putting a changeable value in the config file for number of claim blocks allowed would seem to allow for all options.

The default value would obviously be 1 - but server admins would have the option to change that. A more enhanced version could provide varying numbers of allowable claim blocks by permissions level so new players might only have access to 1 claim block while more trusted players would have access to higher numbers of claim blocks.

A future update putting a changeable value in the config file for number of claim blocks allowed would seem to allow for all options.

The default value would obviously be 1 - but server admins would have the option to change that. A more enhanced version could provide varying numbers of allowable claim blocks by permissions level so new players might only have access to 1 claim block while more trusted players would have access to higher numbers of claim blocks.

This sounds like a nice kinda option. I am sure in time we will figure something out.

Lets not debate on what the builds were made of, all that info is actually written in the info on the vid anyhow if you would like that information. Debating on that is taking away from the issue we face.

Protecting our players builds. we are not concerned about admin builds in any way, Your correct in saying we can save those as a prefab, we have done that for years, Our thoughts are in providing protection for our players, this is what makes our server popular. We care about our players to.

Yes they have one claim and yes they can build on that one claim, however our players love to build in many diff bio's. For example have 2 builds one in snow and one in desert. Kinda like a holiday home. Its never fun when they put all that effort into a build, only to have some new player greifer come in for one day and destroy all their efforts. yes we can do server back ups and Do this. But being pro active is always better than chasing up after the greifer has been though. And for the most part that greifer is delt with and banned, but then another will come the next day etc.

While i understand that some people may not see our issue, please understand that not every person plays the game the same. We all play the game in different ways, which is what makes this game Awesome Sauce. The variety. Our players play it in this way that has a need for several claims per player. And thats whats important to me ;)

Archived