Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

So if they are climbing a wall and there is a block above them blocking them from going up can they destroy it?

A common base tactic is to place blocks around the sides of the outer wall to prevent zombies from climbing up to the top.

Also, from the fixed list: "Sack disappears for another player, when is observed from 6 meters or above"

I had to laugh at that. Who's observing another player's sack? Must be Roland...

Best release note ever lol

You must be a real blast at parties. Lol.

He's right though. I personally always play on hard with running zombies always on and loot abundancy at 50%, I started to find that quite easy in A16 and was hoping for a big difficulty change in A17.

The streamers didn't do it justice at all. How in the world are streamers supposed to find buggs and other things when they can barely stay alive vs 3 zombies during daytime?

Without faster backwards walking the game needs an evasive or blocking move!

I watched some streamers and of course, melee is hard when your character is a cripple that has no idea how to step away from a zombie attack. That's something everybody will do intuitively...

And I know there is a little range advantage when you hold a club but learning to stay in the few cm that give you that advantage is hardly a fun game design. Please add an evasive jump for more dynamic combat. (for example: double-tap to the direction you want to dash)

At the moment it looks like a racing game that is very hard because your car has limited steering...

Does anyone have a link to a decent & informative Utube Vid cos & I dont mean to offend but the 2 Ive seen from well known Utubers were ♥♥♥♥.... Lowest difficulty, walking zombies dies 2 times while stood still & fighting 1 zombie lmao... Ramped up Mods ive been attacked by 20 before while 30 are roaming within 10 meters of me..... This is NOT hard by any means nor does it show off the points of Alpha 17 in any way I find interesting

Oh & while im commenting to I just say that the Health system, Stam heal bollocks was obviously thought up by someone WHO HAS NEVER played a PC or any other type of game in their life lol....

Its nothing short of Stupid..... I watched a Utber get his ass kicked (By a single zombie) He had meds & bandages on him & couldnt heal with either until he upped the stam bar by using 10 bandages lol....

Another recommendation: Max stamina should start dropping at 50%.

I remember Roland saying in a16, you don't have to keep your fullness maxed out all the time - well, in a17 you do. Plus yet again, it makes no sense that the second you are not filled to the brim your samina decreases...

Oh & while im commenting to I just say that the Health system, Stam heal bollocks was obviously thought up by someone WHO HAS NEVER played a PC or any other type of game in their life lol....

And this opinion comes from someone WHO HAS NEVER played A17. :cocksure:

Another recommendation: ...

"

No more indoor aoe (light-levels), as I have expected it...

This is not good for the atmosphere...

Showing "nice textures" seems to be more important.

Do you mean ambient occlusion? Never seen it abbreviated as aoe.

May I recommend Grumbul to anyone looking for a laid back and chill stream. Been a fan of his for years and he bleeds 7 days. Does Not use Creative at all, and when i last checked on him he was on Day 8, no deaths and having a blast with it.

Cool Thanks, He plays ARK too I have 5000+ hours in that lol..... Never used Twitch before though... will check it out

May I recommend Grumbul to anyone looking for a laid back and chill stream. Been a fan of his for years and he bleeds 7 days. Does Not use Creative at all, and when i last checked on him he was on Day 8, no deaths and having a blast with it.

I recommend Grumbul too. MM should've streamed with him instead, he's a people's person and very entertaining!

Right when I was looking for similar streamer. Thanks.

Btw how many thausand new ideas for your mod do you have since you already see how the game is going. Gonna be fun.

Area Of Effect.

The thing affecting the area is ambient occlusion.

Oh damn. I just always equate aoe with damage. If I had just spelled it out again I would have understood it.

How does the creation of a new RGW game? In the past a new map was created upon starting a new game. I remember something about having to generate a new map in a17 first, and then selecting this map somewhere. Is this correct?

If you start a new game I'm sure this step will just be done automatically. But as far as I understood it is a separate process now so you can start it in the menue or previewer as well. Or on a server.

How does the creation of a new RGW game? In the past a new map was created upon starting a new game. I remember something about having to generate a new map in a17 first, and then selecting this map somewhere. Is this correct?

Watched few streamers and they all played Navezgane. Pregenerated terrain is something I am interested in, too.

I think the process you describe is what happens but you don't have to do anything. It generates the map and then starts the game for you with that map selected. I'm pretty sure that is what happened when Kage started his game last night.

Land claim blocks stop zombie spawns and quests as far as I know. With enough of them you can grief a server so that nobody sees a zombie and nobody can do a quest.

I agree that adjusting the x, y and z dimensions to within a specific volume would be a nice feature to compensate for the limited number of active blocks.

Many servers do not allow players to claim POIs, and it takes server admin seconds to clear miss placed claims.

Omg, some of the streamers are idiots! Lol! One was was just playing with creative mode tooling around on the chopper, and another couldn't figure out why he couldn't make something that clearly showed he not only didn't have the resources and that he also didn't have a workbench!

Have these guys never played the game before at all?

I also didn't see one person even try to use stealth.

Thankfully, Kage knew what he was doing.

Archived