Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

3 weeks before Christmas is a good launch time.

Enough time to fix serious bugs to have a stable version ready for the holiday season, and everyone can take a break then.

Only if you are not one of those poor people who have to work during that time of year so everyone else can buy all their stuff for the season. Not everyone gets time off the end of December. :torn:

Faatal,

Sorry if this was covered already. Has any work been done to make cities dangerous again? The addition of sleepers in A16 was awesome, but it seemed to depopulate cities. Every building around you was now filled with zombies so there were far too few wandering the streets. Thanks in advance!

Faatal,

Sorry if this was covered already. Has any work been done to make cities dangerous again? The addition of sleepers in A16 was awesome, but it seemed to depopulate cities. Every building around you was now filled with zombies so there were far too few wandering the streets. Thanks in advance!

dont worry fixed zombies AI will make the zombies annoying enough

Sure, it could be done, but I don't how long it would take or if we would want to do it.

Of course this would only apply to Vehicles, nothing else, which was my point. Just apply X amount of 'Lock' icons back into the bag when you pick up the Vehicle.

Personally, I don't want it, but.. it's my idea for what people were talking about.

I really don't get how people enjoy inventory management as is, much less adding more tedium to it. Personally I hate dealing with it at all, and while I'll try a17 unmodded, I'm fairly certain I'm still going to end up at least modding all the max stack sizes back up to 30,000.

Currently its as is with every other game almost. Item that is stackable to X, and takes one slot at a time.

People were just complaining about 'picking up the 4x4' and it took only one slot, so I suggested, well.. pick it up and lock off 4 slots, so it "takes 5 slots total" to carry it.

Otherwise, as it is currently, it's pretty much like World of Warcraft. It has a cleanup / sort button. (Wish it combined incomplete stacks) and the inventory is now expandable.

- - - Updated - - -

lol... out for justice.

Sometimes members have a hard time understanding when you are teasing :D

He's only being a.. Law Abiding Citizen, while quoting some movie titles. ;p

- - - Updated - - -

Oh snap, Kage is already streaming it!

Jokes on you, I like this song..

I play this game every week. I love what I’m seeing in 17, like the vehicles. I did have an idea that I thought would be pretty awesome. A trailer! Like those old school cigar trailers. Big enough to put in all the basics like forge, fire, work bench, cement mixer, and storage. You could hook it up to the vehicle and have a mobile base. It wouldn’t be very tough, you would need to protect it when your in a place for a long time and you can’t upgrade the toughness of it( more challenging) but for the players always on the move.... it would be great... IMHO..

А чего бояться разработчики? Что в них все разочаруются? Так все фанаты и так уже разочарованы. Ваш максимум мелкие патчи. Тогда вы не потеряете аудиторию игроков. У вас есть дорожная карта? На данный момент, вас просто сделал всего один разработчик игры Mist survival. Он один смог сделать больше чем вы все. Про неспособность добавить Unicode, я вообще молчу.

- - - Updated - - -

And what developers are afraid of? That everyone will be disappointed in them? So all the fans are already disappointed. Your maximum small patches. Then you will not lose the audience of players. Do you have a road map? At this point, you just made just one game developer Mist survival. He alone could do more than all of you. About the inability to add Unicode, I do not say anything.

Were gullibles removed from the crafting menu?

No, just from the dictionary.

But seriously, this pretty much means that I start every game with a broken leg. With the way stamina and health works, I can hardly do anything. Aldranon, have you experienced anything like this?

Is there a max alive for this? As in could I go into a town and activate ALL the sleeper volumes and lead them around or will you eventually cap out and some POIs just won't spawn any?

Are we going to be able to adjust the limit of max zombies spawned ? Dev said its 60 now, i would like to set it to at least 100-120 (that would be good for some of us who like to mod and remove most of superzombies from game)

Alpha 16 nights (and random hordes?) were boring, idk what was the number of max zombies spawned but it was waaaaay to low to be challenging...

is there a reason the The Official A17 Developer's Diary for Developers thread has been closed?

Only developers posts are in there, they're moved from here after a while.

This is where the conversation happens, the dev dev diary is kind of a summary.

- - - Updated - - -

But seriously, this pretty much means that I start every game with a broken leg. With the way stamina and health works, I can hardly do anything. Aldranon, have you experienced anything like this?

Are you actually testing A17 or was that a typo earlier?

No. What I would do is delete my save files and double check the directory to make sure they are all deleted, something is corrupted. If that didn't work, delete and reload 7D2D.

*** I do this every new release. Also use a different seed, just in case.

Only developers posts are in there, they're moved from here after a while.

This is where the conversation happens, the dev dev diary is kind of a summary.

ah thank you!

so my question is this....now that you must harvest with a free hand does that mean if you have only 1 inventory spot ( your free hand ) available, once you harvest the first crop and it put it into your free hand slot, can you not harvest more?

No. What I would do is delete my save files and double check the directory to make sure they are all deleted, something is corrupted. If that didn't work, delete and reload 7D2D.

*** I do this every new release. Also use a different seed, just in case.

I don't see this either, I started on a street in the forest, lots of trees around but not under my feet :smile-new:. I did have a small problem with stuttering of the sound directly after spawning, I'll have to find out if this is a recurring problem or just a fluke. And a crash after about 5 hours playtime, but hey, it's an experimental, what did I expect!

Archived