Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

17 months development time for a17.. Coincidence? I think not!

And in tectonic plate movement timescale, its been pretty fast! I'm sure you'll agree.

I mean our sun is going: "A17 already?? Wait till I get my hands on a computer that doesn't vaporize and I'll show you how its done!"

:)

And in tectonic plate movement timescale, its been pretty fast! I'm sure you'll agree.

I mean our sun is going: "A17 already?? Wait till I get my hands on a computer that doesn't vaporize and I'll show you how its done!"

Yep. North America moved away from us by ~3 cm!

Any improvements are welcome, but what about:

- Current state of limb reduction against zombies? (Has it been improved?)

- Faction improvements? (With reputation and what not?)

- Sitrep on improved and complex farming?

- Dev thoughts on brass renewal?

- Further character customization in game + new dynamics e.g. I think breathing and looking up ?

- Opinion of endgame hordes and insane regeneration rate?

-Has combat been tweaked together with the new attribute system or has the XML remained the same with the addition of the attribute system being added?

Bat,

tectonic, not political, right? :jaded:

Lol. Yeah that speed is faster than geologically measureable, my friend..

Lol. Yeah that speed is faster than geologically measureable, my friend..

I'm sure most people on both sides of the Atlantic are a bit confused on what the problem is suppose to be.

My guess it's because you Europeans still call Soccer (the official name) Football. It's a dangerous situation that can only be solved by the immediate release of A17!

Freedom!

I'm sure most people on both sides of the Atlantic are a bit confused on what the problem is suppose to be.

My guess it's because you Europeans still call Soccer (the official name) Football. It's a dangerous situation that can only be solved by the immediate release of A17!

Freedom!

Well.. I can see the confusion arising from the fact that it's a game with a ball, played with your feet. American Football should be called hand-ellipsoid? ^^

Well.. I can see the confusion arising from the fact that it's a game with a ball, played with your feet. American Football should be called hand-ellipsoid? ^^

Hand-egg :-)

Just saying my retarded ass can understand the simple things like. No dates to be given. So again. Go spend mommys money at target sipping on starbucks.

Ahhh yes... The snowflakes are numerous...

Also the "Football" is the device that has all the Nuclear Launch Codes of the United States. All of them... So, lets not confuse things and just call your little sissy game something else.

The big T, is watching you...

(I'm joking. I never liked watching millionaires play any ball games.)

Yep. North America moved away from us by ~3 cm!

Well... Didn't it then also move closer, but from the other direction?

Nope, because subduction.

The Atlantic is spreading and the other side disappearing under Japan and the Ring of Fire.

Zombies jump with more variety.

...why isn't this quote getting more traction?

You people know what this means?!? :)

Sooo I made a comment about no update for 2 weeks, my post was edited, and received no answer. =(

If we could at least get a ballpark estimate on release (i.e. 3-6 weeks, 2-3 months, never) it would be really appreciated.

The post 3 above yours is an update. If you aren't going to read the thread how the hell would you even know if there is an update or not to bitch about?

Mind = Blown!

But yeah, not really. Some plates are in the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the "Football" is the device that has all the Nuclear Launch Codes of the United States. All of them... So, lets not confuse things and just call your little sissy game something else.

The big T, is watching you...

(I'm joking. I never liked watching millionaires play any ball games.)

Hehe I know you're joking.

I mean. Playing with protective gear is very manly.. :)

Nope, because subduction.

The Atlantic is spreading and the other side disappearing under Japan and the Ring of Fire.

Nice! Well, technically, the North-American plate is not disappearing under Japan, that's the Pacific plate. There's some minor subduction along the Pacific/North American plates, but most of it is lateral movement (hence the quakes in California).

Bonus trivia; there are still some remnants of the tectonic plate which was present where the Pacific plate is now. They are the Juan de Fuca & the Rivera plates, off the coast of Oregon & Mexico. The rest of the plate is located somewhere at the core/mantle boundary.

- - - Updated - - -

.. Zombies doing backflips?

Im not comin up with anything...what do you think it means?

So, the circumference of the earth is shrinking a bit? Cool.

The earth is obviously flat so we are just moving closer to the other side 😂 pretty sure we will fall off soon. :p

Hi, just a question about the A17, i see nothing about that but, is there things about a possible tailoring and tailor recipes ? I mean, we can only loot shirt, skirt etc etc but no craft them. So i ask :)

One of the best times I have in the game is when you happen to find night vision early on and find a hoard passing though that hasn't seen you.

Shooting them with the bow and even running through in random directions into the group. Seeing how many you can hit with your hatchet.

Then watching them go in every direction trying to find you in the pitch black. lol

Now that was hilarious!

Fataal's info was a bit terse, I added some more information:

How about some changes in the last week:

Fall damage improvements.

You will see little stars circling over your head after falling

Zombies dig better.

They will harvest stones, sand and ores now. There will be a tower defense game in the future where zombies have to defend their base every 7 days from humans

Vultures got tweaked.

They got an emergency parachute now

Barbed wire was improved.

All barbes have caps now so nobody gets hurt

Cops vomit when they should and don't send extra spit to the north.

Only cops with alcohol addiction will vomit and the Arctic is safe

Yea but this doesn't necessarily mean that they can jump over things any better. Well I guess we have to wait and see! I hope to see zombies that can jump towards you from a distance! That would be super creepy! They could make a sound right before they jump and then bang, they are in the air headed toowards you!