Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

everyone has a personality.even someone with no personality is a personality in itself.just a boring personality that doesnt appeal to the masses.

Also when you act differently towards certain groups of people aka poser or being fake is a having multiple personality. So must people have it.

I would have to disagree. Most people develop a strong single identity (personality). They know they want to be a doctor or hate red socks. Some people develop DID, which usually include multiple STRONG personalities to cope with repeated abuse, some people develop no strong personalities at all, also due to abuse. I had a dislike for fruit flavored sodas and a preference for chocolate. Other than that if it didn't hurt or didnt hurt much, I was ok with it. It is a cosmic joke to suffer from cpstd and have 160 IQ. Lots of potential, but no direction or drive at all.

If you were a betting person, what would you bet comes first, the turkey or the zombie?

That would depend on a variety of factors. Who has gone longest without a date? Who was most "in the mood"? It's always possible they finish together.

Can the map generator at least be tweaked to make caves more plentiful on the map? They seem almost nonexistent in a16

The big caves, where there is a big hole and usually a door, seems well balanced to me, in RWG...

The smaller, random worm like caves, seem a little rare. But then again, they are often very awkward. I think these are randomly generated, and needs work.

Faatal just gave us an update that caves are not being worked on for A17.

Yeah, we've actually been given a little bit of info. Granted, people may not call it an update if it's not something that makes front page list... But not everything could be put on there...

The big caves, where there is a big hole and usually a door, seems well balanced to me, in RWG...

The smaller, random worm like caves, seem a little rare. But then again, they are often very awkward. I think these are randomly generated, and needs work.

Those little random caves are so rare to find, I don't really consider them a feature. I hope it is a feature in the future, but once they are building might become more dicey with SI... unlike Minecraft where you could build a floating house if you wanted to.

Those little random caves are so rare to find, I don't really consider them a feature. I hope it is a feature in the future, but once they are building might become more dicey with SI... unlike Minecraft where you could build a floating house if you wanted to.

Yeah those would be a cool feature. But if you have come across more than a few, you will have noticed, that they seem unfinished...

Just imagine the forum-storm with posts like: "Fell to my death again! Fix fix fix".

Better to have it a rare feature then. Still better than nothing :D

Yeah, itll be a year or two before I upgrade a rig to that cost point, but definitely looking forward to having something I can slowly build and improve on. My laptop is still playable with low/mid settings, but the tech will be close to obsolete in the next couple of years so I'm going to start my build in 1st quarter of next year with about $1,000 to get me started. Should be fun building and upgrading.

You should have a pretty decent rig with $1000. I started with about a $400 rig and it grew into this.

I would have to disagree. Most people develop a strong single identity (personality). They know they want to be a doctor or hate red socks. Some people develop DID, which usually include multiple STRONG personalities to cope with repeated abuse, some people develop no strong personalities at all, also due to abuse. I had a dislike for fruit flavored sodas and a preference for chocolate. Other than that if it didn't hurt or didnt hurt much, I was ok with it. It is a cosmic joke to suffer from cpstd and have 160 IQ. Lots of potential, but no direction or drive at all.

Maybe your right but from your example where does that fall under..

Yea!! Why were these taken out?? Didn't find any inn Alpha 16

I think it had something to do with physics calculations. Though it has me wondering, I keep hearing something about better physics now with A17, or is that just for vehicles? Could that be explained better or if it's been said before, give me the link? I just haven't found anything that really talks about it in depth.

Inns and Taverns can't be implemented until quests are fully done.

You cant have a big hole in the ground because of quests? The pimps are like girls trying on clothing, they don't know what they wanna wear... And don't ask them what they want for dinner, you ain't gonna go anywhere!

I hope pimps can wrap this up and impress all the players who lost the hype a long time ago, I still love this game and cant wait!

Nope, because only one personality is typically dominant or "awake" at a time, though usually the alters are still aware, just not "in control."

Also...the universe is cruel in that some people wind up with multiple personalities...and so many others wind up with none at all. ;-)

Good one!! And oh so true!

I think it had something to do with physics calculations. Though it has me wondering, I keep hearing something about better physics now with A17, or is that just for vehicles? Could that be explained better or if it's been said before, give me the link? I just haven't found anything that really talks about it in depth.

Faatal said that the blocks calculate their Structural Integrity on their own. So there are no 'physics' acting on the blocks as such.

But the calculations to relate to a connection to Bedrock. And if there is a cave that connection is broken and the structure above is at risk of collapse.

Hey Pimps, in regards to the new perk system, I must say I really did like the use it/improve it of the old style. I personally would love to still have that just maybe with the actual attributes. That would also solve the issue I have seen on a couple posts about gating the higher perks. You couldn't get the best melee perks until you had used Strength skills enough to level up your strength. Just my two cents. Thanks again for making such a great game.

It's a joke...Read the post I replied to carefully and you'll see it. This is how rumors get started....

At this point, I'm not taking much for granted by what's said other than what's on "the list", haha. So much gets rumored cause of dumb crap, lol.

Archived