Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

A building typically has 5+ sleeper volumes. They are independent of each other. Sleepers don't move to different volumes.

Good to hear. However, isn't the 'rotating-sleeper' mechanism causing the appearance of respawning sleepers, as seen in a16? See my previous posts for a more detailed example.

Improved sleepers? new vehicles? gyro-copters? new perk system?... fooey

For me, I'm mostly excited to see if they rework the corn plant and pine tree models again for like the 5th time! That would be EPIC!

And I heard a rumor 'sharpened' sticks are making a comeback, above? - noice

JK! Trick or Treat everyone :)

Was wishing for Halloween release, but it's cool - just git er done right is fine!

A building typically has 5+ sleeper volumes. They are independent of each other. Sleepers don't move to different volumes.

Big Caveats here: That is assuming no overlap in the volume creation. Which opens up a bunch of other questions for @Roland about sleepers.

Sleepers will not spawn in front of you. That has been fixed.

Walking outside of a POI and then going back inside will not reset the number of sleepers there. However, it may shuffle the positions of the remaining sleepers so when you go back inside the one you remember being in one spot may well be gone and in a new spot but the number will reduce to zero once you've finished them all off. That has been fixed.

Sleepers are no long one-shot kills (at least in the beginning with the weaponry you have). That has been fixed.

Sleepers are not all just out in the open. Many are hidden and can be surprising.

Sleepers wake up better when there is light or noise nearby so stealth is required and firing a gun will wake up all nearby sleepers.

Sleepers have been optimized so that there can be more outside wandering zombies than there were in A16.

The whole sleeper feature is 100% better than it was.

Has volume creation changed, with "sound" now activating other volumes? How does that work when creating Prefabs? Do you mean if a sleeper has been generated by tripping the volume it can awaken, or that sound can trip nearby volumes that haven't been activated?

Volume creation has creators "loading" a volume with sleepers and the game picking a quantity depending on. A volume can have 30 placed sleepers, but only 1 or 2 load. Does that mean going in and out shuffles this?

When you say "reduce to zero" does that mean activating the volume constantly until all placed sleepers are dead?

More outside wandering zombies. Are you talking Wilderness mobs, or PoI areas with wandering sleepers?

Need more details for us modders/Prefab creators!!

Improved sleepers? new vehicles? gyro-copters? new perk system?... fooey

For me, I'm mostly excited to see if they rework the corn plant and pine tree models again for like the 5th time! That would be EPIC!

And I heard a rumor 'sharpened' sticks are making a comeback, above? - noice

JK! Trick or Treat everyone :)

Was wishing for Halloween release, but it's cool - just git er done right is fine!

A spear would be fantastic!

wth now is the tekst changes on main page first it whas as soon as the bug fixes are done wil it be released and now this make up your mind and let us see how far you are with th fixes if there are done then release the game communicate more and BETTER with us

Im so glad and excited for all the work devs are doing for us in Alpha17. Cant wait for it. Well, i can wait and i will XD. 7DTD is to me the best survival zombie game. Its funny to play with friends or even alone, its scared sometimes and we will be ready when a real zombie comes to the real world hehe. Thx Devs!

wth now is the tekst changes on main page first it whas as soon as the bug fixes are done wil it be released and now this make up your mind and let us see how far you are with th fixes if there are done then release the game communicate more and BETTER with us

Roland said we have to post in English.

86% +/- 14% margin of error

If you can use it to hurt somebody it is automatically a weapon. A sharpened stick could be a weapon for example, but they got removed from the game so as far as 7 Days to Die is concerned everything from a stone shovel to a rocket launcher is an automatic weapon.

I'm glad I could clear some of that up for you.

It's true, anything that be used to hurt someone is a weapon.........

Once. eons ago, just after I graduated I knew a man that was killed by being beaten to death with a frozen racoon.

Anything can be a weapon if used properly.

Just sayin...

We'll have to meet in the middle to be right. It appears English is second to Mandarin Chinese. Spanish if fourth after Hindustani.

https://www.google.com/search?q=what+is+the+most+internationally+spoken+language&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS751US751&oq=what+is+the+most+internationally+&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.8427j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I do love Firefly so maybe the best compromise is to post in English except when cursing and then that needs to be in Mandarin.

You could still say you are right depending on the source too, lol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_total_number_of_speakers

It is on wiki, but they referenced the Ethnologue which was created in 1951 for world language studies, so been around a long time and heavily relied upon it seems. Their newest book was released in Feb 2018. They show that English is number 1 most used world wide by 15 million people, lol. 3rd in native, 1st in second language, total 1st by 15 million over China. So you still win, hehe. And as for Mandarin Chinese, I think they just lump in about 10 variations of Chinese for it. And those variations are actually quite different, not like the difference of English in USA and UK. So I guess in a way, that's cheating? haha.

As uneasy this will make some feel, I welcome the challenge. My hope Is this next iteration will not be beatable by some cheesy AI exploit. (Hide under 1 block of dirt, hide on upper floor of buildings with no defense). I know this is a daunting task in a voxel game. I hope you guys are closer.

Not going to be an easy win, it looks like. The broken AI seems to be fixed. We now have a relentless foe, who is fast enough, smart enough and unpredictable enough to be a challenge for most (a successful "Dark Souls 3" player might not have a problem).

Dogs and bears use common AI code, like most entities. Almost all AI code has be changed in some way.

Then my prediction will come true: If zombie dog packs are still in, 80% of veteran players will die from them. Number one killer, right there!

There might be a counter, but I will test it on my second character build. "Dead is dead", is going to be HARD.

Archived