Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

This is pretty damn close to a hover!
Good enough to land a friend on a rooftop from a two seater gyro. Damn tricky for the pilot though when the passenger drops off I expect lol. But doable in a pinch. :crazy:

with a headwind like that then a Cessna would look like it was hovering too. lol

ok so in a pinch you can land. maybe 1 piece maybe many..lol BUT how are you going to get enough speed to take off????

Speaking of which, us peasants in the European Union don't know fertilizer about weapons, and because of that we dont know if automatic weapons is for pistols only, or ak47 only, or rifles and snipers, or if Dead shot is for all weapons, or for sniper rifles only, or for guys with poop throwers only ....etc.

Questions:

1-So is there a specific father perk description in each weapon in case we invest -say- in automatic weapons wanting to use pistols by mistake?.

2-Or are weapons divided into clear types and are the names of each category used in the perk system to describe them like in 16.4?

If you can use it to hurt somebody it is automatically a weapon. A sharpened stick could be a weapon for example, but they got removed from the game so as far as 7 Days to Die is concerned everything from a stone shovel to a rocket launcher is an automatic weapon.

I'm glad I could clear some of that up for you.

I see a possible exploit there.

If the first room is a big open room with good exit, you can kill every zombie in it, run away from the house and back to get them to spawn back to the first room where it is easier to fight them.

It’s a game. If players want to exploit it they will. Moreover, if someone is willing to waste time entering and leaving a building over and over and over and over to try and force a spawn in one room, so be it. Most people will enter a building and clear the zombies they see. If they get overwhelmed they might exit.

There are definitely timers in the game.

So we'll be able to make our own timer triggers?

Like: (example)

days 1-6 zeds can only infect you with infection1

days 7-13 zeds can only infect you with infection2

day 14 the infection level switches again and zeds can only infect you with infection3

So we'll be able to make our own timer triggers?

Like: (example)

days 1-6 zeds can only infect you with infection1

days 7-13 zeds can only infect you with infection2

day 14 the infection level switches again and zeds can only infect you with infection3

*looking nervous* uhm, Tin? are you already thinking of making The Devil's Eden even more scary tuff?

So the problem where zombies respawn upon re-entering has been fixed, but in its place is another mechanism by which a zombie might be located in the same position as where you've killed a previous one? Isn't that other mechanism thus causing the exact same problem..?

If the first room is a big open room with good exit, you can kill every zombie in it, run away from the house and back to get them to spawn back to the first room where it is easier to fight them.

Absolutely agree. That design is very exploitable, unless you make sleepers spawn in each and every one of their previous location or maybe allow them to also rotate within a "never seen by the player" spot in the POI. It is not the exact same problem as before though. But shall not be this way.

Here's some news fresh from today:

Madmole changed the Bountiful Harvest Perk name to Mother Lode so it wouldn't be confusing (It increases your gains when mining)

Madmole changed Living off the Land Perk to only increase crop gains (removed animal harvesting)

Madmole added Huntsman Perk to increase gains from hunting animals

Madmole said he is about done with the perk system.

Does that mean the streamers will get A17E "soon"? (couldn't resist) :)

Though the release was feauture locked months ago. What’s with all the new features and perks that are still getting added to the release?

The upgrade to the attributes / progression system has been on the list of features for A17 for months. I would surmise that they have only been working on it in earnest recently due to the need to finish the underlying code and buff systems first. Therefore your point is kind of moot.

Though the release was feauture locked months ago. What’s with all the new features and perks that are still getting added to the release?

An individual perk is not considered the feature. The feature is the perk system that allows perks to be added changed. They aren’t adding any new vehicles but they are still adding things like cargo space and balancing their relative speeds etc.

The zombie horde is an integral part of the design.

You can nerf it into oblivion with a mod if that's your thing. That doesn't bother me at all.

Apart from that you don't get to decide when they come for tasty you.

Disclaimer: This zombie game may contain zombies. User experience may change while getting eaten by zombies.

As uneasy this will make some feel, I welcome the challenge. My hope Is this next iteration will not be beatable by some cheesy AI exploit. (Hide under 1 block of dirt, hide on upper floor of buildings with no defense). I know this is a daunting task in a voxel game. I hope you guys are closer.

Pardon me if this was already covered, did a quick search and didn't see it.

Was curious with all the changes if the game requirements for game/server will change? I know it's alpha not beta but it seems a lot of things had changed this alpha. Do we expect to see about the same FPS?

Thanks for your time.

A building typically has 5+ sleeper volumes. They are independent of each other. Sleepers don't move to different volumes.

Pardon me if this was already covered, did a quick search and didn't see it.

Was curious with all the changes if the game requirements for game/server will change? I know it's alpha not beta but it seems a lot of things had changed this alpha. Do we expect to see about the same FPS?

Thanks for your time.

Memory use should be better. FPS could go either way depending on the situation.

If you can use it to hurt somebody it is automatically a weapon. A sharpened stick could be a weapon for example, but they got removed from the game so as far as 7 Days to Die is concerned everything from a stone shovel to a rocket launcher is an automatic weapon.

Since you don't have to reload a sharpened stick it could be argued to fall under "automatic".

Archived