Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

...and probably shouldn't be hovering in one spot with it in any case. Cop puke screws with the workings...

gyrocoptors cant hover. they are not helicopters they do not VTOL. The rotor is not powered and acts the same way as the wing of a Cessna, they take off and land just like a GA aircraft. landing on a roof with a gyro would be impossible unless your roof is as long as a runway!

I have a lot of respect for developers that are willing to rebuild their entire game with a superior engine. This has been done by a handful of the the best game devs in the past and shows a direct sentiment towards wanting to produce the best possible product they can.

It certainly sucks we had to wait so long, but the games future looks much brighter then it did if they stuck with the old engine.

Anyone who is complaining about that doesn't understand how important and large of a step this was.

Just for the record, some of the greatest works of art ever produced were painted over the weaker versions of themselves in the past, where the artist wasn't happy with the result and chose to start over. It takes a lot of guts to do that, and it shows that the pimps know their worth, and have a vision they want to see happen.

Cheers Pimps!

The only improvement we ( i' ) want on sleepers is that they are not spawning in front of us. Is that fixed?

I would add to that that it would be awesome if there we no longer the 'broken' sleepers that never wake up and are able to be one shotted. This may be fixed and mentioned to be fixed and I may be forgetting. Sorry it that is the case.

gyrocoptors cant hover. they are not helicopters they do not VTOL. The rotor is not powered and acts the same way as the wing of a Cessna, they take off and land just like a GA aircraft. landing on a roof with a gyro would be impossible unless your roof is as long as a runway!

What about a 'controlled' crash onto a rooftop? That created an image in my head that is making me smile! :)

I have a lot of respect for developers that are willing to rebuild their entire game with a superior engine. This has been done by a handful of the the best game devs in the past and shows a direct sentiment towards wanting to produce the best possible product they can.

It certainly sucks we had to wait so long, but the games future looks much brighter then it did if they stuck with the old engine.

Anyone who is complaining about that doesn't understand how important and large of a step this was.

Just for the record, some of the greatest works of art ever produced were painted over the weaker versions of themselves in the past, where the artist wasn't happy with the result and chose to start over. It takes a lot of guts to do that, and it shows that the pimps know their worth, and have a vision they want to see happen.

Cheers Pimps!

This!

Cheers Pimps!

That's a pretty narrative. I was actually envisioning something simpler.... more of a moth to a bright, shiny, flame sort of thing. But let's go with yours.

That's a pretty narrative. I was actually envisioning something simpler.... more of a moth to a bright, shiny, flame sort of thing. But let's go with yours.

Not entirely sure on the context of your statement, are the devs or the players the moth?

Cheers Pimps!

Well said!

I would add to that that it would be awesome if there we no longer the 'broken' sleepers that never wake up and are able to be one shotted. This may be fixed and mentioned to be fixed and I may be forgetting. Sorry it that is the case.

Some "sleepers" aren't actually sleepers. In previous alphas there were lootable bodies in some POI's; when sleepers were introduced those bodies were changed to look like sleepers so you wouldn't know the threat or lack thereof until you whacked 'em one.

What about a 'controlled' crash onto a rooftop? That created an image in my head that is making me smile! :)

That's about what I was thinking. Grappling hook "anchor" for a speedy deceleration, somewhat like the arrestor cables on an aircraft carrier. Probably damage the gyro to stop that way, but that's ok...

im on the rum, stubbies are for amateurs ha!

i pasted the text into google search and got ♥♥♥♥e.

in other words i tried.

its an english site. posters should put their text into a translator and then post that.

if they bother doing that themselves and posting the result then i will bother reading what they have to say

imagine putting in the effort to understand what the intercourse is about by spending time and effort to translate at my end to see it is something like that fig jam erik character (F**k Im Good Just Ask Me) how the game is so easy blah blah

or some one asking 'are we there yet'

sod them

Have to love the egocentric people who think that THEIR language is the ONLY language spoken on the planet. Too bad you have to choose to make statements that imply that 'we' all can't figure out what someone says. As I doubt the person was asking YOU a question, and it certainly seems that people ARE responding to the questions with informative answers, then I guess you don't have to worry about what they are asking (also it is apparent you did not study the German language in school, if you took foreign language at all). As it was so eloquently said in Frozen, Let it Go and don't worry about what someone might be saying if it doesn't affect you. Sheesh... (Roland, I have no problem with you deleting this posting, I just had to have my say to someone who needs to respond to someone typing in another language with what I felt was a negative comment.. )

Without displaying any pro or anti energy I would just state that posting in English is the rule of this forum. As moderators we must know the content of posts and to expect us to run every non-English post through google translate in order to do our job is an unrealistic expectation. English is not better than any other language but it is the most internationally used language and it is therefore the common language of this forum. Please, run your non-English post through translation before submitting it to the forum. That will help the moderation team and it will make sure that all participants in the conversation know what is going on.

I really like the idea of bigger backpacks, especially at high tiers of character attributes or something. Only able to unlock first tier at lvl 100.

I like more birds, like hawks or eagles? Something that would do more surprise attack if you're not watching the skies?

One thing I'd really like is somehow the harder zombies coming out a little bit later in player progression but being harder to kill.

Something that makes end game less enjoyable is the sense that your base is finished and you're not really at risk anymore and it becomes monotonous. Like once you get to lvl 150 the zombie hoards should increase in size, much harder zombies, more strength, etc.

Make end game weapons like sniper or ak47 only really usable at lvl 100+

Would also be nice if sulfate was a little bit more abundant underground, just a little bit more. Maybe same with coal.

Behemoth add would still be cool as well, like when you hit lvl 200.

I'd also make progression a little more challenging, you get lots of lvl up from plain killing, but would be good to slow that progression some and let building/crafting/constructing/scavenging or something provide a little more.

One other thing, is making more balanced diet required.

Things like just living on canned foods causes long-term effects that maybe diminish running or how filling eating other food or water is.

Just eating meat, etc. Somehow requiring a little more effort on how food is required.

Maybe even adding fruit trees that just grow really slowly and can be harvested over time.

Allowing for a food spoil timer without food being placed in a fridge (allow fridges to be crafted/plugged in to power.

Without displaying any pro or anti energy I would just state that posting in English is the rule of this forum. As moderators we must know the content of posts and to expect us to run every non-English post through google translate in order to do our job is an unrealistic expectation. English is not better than any other language but it is the most internationally used language and it is therefore the common language of this forum. Please, run your non-English post through translation before submitting it to the forum. That will help the moderation team and it will make sure that all participants in the conversation know what is going on.

por que?

Roland might be lying, again. He said if you are wearing no armor and your backpack is not too full, you can run faster than zombies.

No lie. You definitely can put enough distance between yourself and a running zombie to wrench a landmine and strip it of all harvestable mats before the zombie reaches you.

The only improvement we ( i' ) want on sleepers is that they are not spawning in front of us. Is that fixed?

Sleepers will not spawn in front of you. That has been fixed.

Walking outside of a POI and then going back inside will not reset the number of sleepers there. However, it may shuffle the positions of the remaining sleepers so when you go back inside the one you remember being in one spot may well be gone and in a new spot but the number will reduce to zero once you've finished them all off. That has been fixed.

Cop explosions count as a kill and will reduce the sleeper count so no more eternal cop respawns. That has been fixed.

Sleepers are no long one-shot kills (at least in the beginning with the weaponry you have). That has been fixed.

Sleepers are not all just out in the open. Many are hidden and can be surprising.

Animals can now be sleepers.

Sleepers wake up better when there is light or noise nearby so stealth is required and firing a gun will wake up all nearby sleepers.

Sleepers have been optimized so that there can be more outside wandering zombies than there were in A16.

The whole sleeper feature is 100% better than it was.

snip

I'm sure there will be a lot of balancing adjustments the first few months A17 is out. Behemoth would be cool for kind of an end-game quest scenario. I really do hope the new AI provides a good challenge as I really hated the bullet sponge approach to increasing difficulty. I guess you could imagine that if the game could handle more zombies in the world at once, you'd spend that many bullets/effort anyway. I always nerfed zombie health by making headshots way more effective, but made them hit harder and cause nastier side effects in return.

I haven't tried the gyrocopter recently but from what I remember it probably doesn't behave exactly like an actual gyrocopter. I was able to land on rooftops without the need for a runway and if not hover, slow down to almost hovering speeds...

I'll have to give it a..um...whirl...and see how it handles now that faatal has put more work into it. But my suspicion is that it is going to handle more towards the copter end of the spectrum than a real gyrocopter could.

Archived