Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Dev discussion of A17: Madmole said he would release another YouTube video with A17 content and that was supposed to happen last weekend. Nothing has been further discussed on the matter to my knowledge on his social media accounts or in the Forum. That's a strange move to not even acknowledge that he said that and didn't follow through? It''s nice to grant him the benefit of the doubt like i'm sure a lot of people here are doing and not bring it up. But I think accountability is integral, especially to a gaming community supporting your game and it's development.

As long as he keeps working on A17, then I'm all good. It's happened a lot, kinda just get used to it, find other games to play or keep playing A16.4. And being that he helps lead everything, if for whatever reason, something happened, I'd rather him be working on fixing that then making a video. Don't know all that goes on with them, so I'll leave it up to them, lol.

As for supporting the game, it's not really supporting it once you buy it and that's that, now if there was like a monthly subscription or something, then yes, this should be all handled differently. But I've also seen plenty of games with monthly subscriptions with worse communication than this, then just randomly have no support for a while, and then shut down out of no where.... so basically seen people keep paying on a game for 2 years, nothing, then boom, gone. Yeah, don't have to pay for it any more, but that's 2 years of supporting it by paying monthly and got nothing out of it. **Avg monthly subs are $15, so yeah, much more support than flat $25 (I got on sale for $8, so even less) Would be happy to see a page to donate to them on the site, lol. If there is, I've yet to find it.

Here, you pay for the early access game "as it is" and are given free updates with no guarantee that you will get a fully completed game. Steam even says so for its early access games. Shoot, if for whatever reason they quit today, this is still a great game, worth the full $25, and I will just play every freaking mod out there for hours on end. Not to mention people would make even more mods and better ones for the pure fact they would know that no more updates would happen (but since there is one, modders are slowing down atm for the new release).

Keep up the good work TFP, can't wait to play.

Hey Roland or Joel Any chance of a new video this weekend. Since I haven't seen anything yet I'm sure there won't be a release on A17e this weekend but a video would be great. I really love what this game is beginning to look like and I hope that it plays as well as it looks. Thanks again to the entire TFP staff for all the hard work and please don't cave into the people complaining about the late release.

Dev discussion of A17: Madmole said he would release another YouTube video with A17 content and that was supposed to happen last weekend. Nothing has been further discussed on the matter to my knowledge on his social media accounts or in the Forum. That's a strange move to not even acknowledge that he said that and didn't follow through? It''s nice to grant him the benefit of the doubt like i'm sure a lot of people here are doing and not bring it up. But I think accountability is integral, especially to a gaming community supporting your game and it's development.

- - - Updated - - -

Happy birthday Roland!

I told him he should have spread those perk videos out to one a week instead of four days in a row....

Fataal stated that zombies will go to the shortest or least block defense route to get to the player. It's based on what he said. so if you made one side of your base, weaker than the others, they will choose to destroy that side.

Except distance has it's own "durability", for lack of a better term, so it would be a pretty fine balancing act to get that to happen.

Except distance has it's own "durability", for lack of a better term, so it would be a pretty fine balancing act to get that to happen.

You can game their behavior to be sure. But it is still a vast improvement over A16 and as we move forward into future updates faatal will be able to make it less predictable and thus more difficult to exploit. (it will never be impossible though)

You can game their behavior to be sure. But it is still a vast improvement over A16 and as we move forward into future updates faatal will be able to make it less predictable and thus more difficult to exploit. (it will never be impossible though)

Anyone who thinks it could EVER be impossible to find a way to game a system is...delusional, at best.

So good on ya, Pimps, for edging ever closer to that unattainable goal. I'd rather you be as close as you can get as opposed to just a slapdash AI system, so I, for one, am VERY glad to see things improving, even if it has to happen in iterations. You guys are doing amazing work, and I hope it continues.

Also, happy (belated?) birthday, Roland!

fear of the dark

I have constant fear that something's always near

Fear of the dark, fear of the dark

I have a phobia that someone's always there

Until the roaming hoard has passed, I am constantly scanning for the silent dog or wolf pack attack. After one has passed, I relax a little until the next one is expected.

@Roland

Is the stealth at night blinding zeds still an issue? Also do zeds run faster than the player at night on A17e?

I think the max you should resist stuns is 60%, 100% is way OP.

I don't want to see another playthrough where there is no fear of the dark.

Zeds are not blind at night like they are in A16. I don't know the limit of their view range at night in A17 but I have been able to sneak around at night and not get automatically noticed by them. But I have also been crouched and when one happened upon me it saw me and attacked. You can throw rocks to make them run away and clear them away from the path you want to go. It's fun. If a wandering horde spawns at night and you are outside and they are running toward you they will notice you if you remain in their pathway. I remember crouching in A16 and wandering hordes running past me within arm's reach and not noticing me. You'll be toast in A17 if you just crouch and hope they run past.

If you don't have anything in the encumbrance slots and aren't wearing any armor then you run faster than zeds.

Then only purchase up to 60% ;)

It will be interesting to see the reactions of people who started playing with A16 as A17 mostly returns the night to how it was pre-A16.

So.. the fact that apparently 7 Days to Die is in the November Humble Bundle won't have any effect on the release of A17E? All those brand new 7DtD players get to experience A16, only to have it change drastically on them a few weeks after they get it in the bundle.. should make for interesting postings on here, eh?

Until the roaming hoard has passed, I am constantly scanning for the silent dog or wolf pack attack. After one has passed, I relax a little until the next one is expected.

We all get the "Big Pac Attack" every now and then. For me, it always seems I'm digging up some clay and my stamina is low!

So.. the fact that apparently 7 Days to Die is in the November Humble Bundle won't have any effect on the release of A17E? All those brand new 7DtD players get to experience A16, only to have it change drastically on them a few weeks after they get it in the bundle.. should make for interesting postings on here, eh?

Well A17E won't be for all, I mean it seems like Opt in Beta, general public release will be A17 (without E). So new player if they go by regular release chain will get it not just in few weeks, I am guessing when A17E will came out it take at least 2 months for it go regular release of A17 (probably as A17.1 by that time). because for at least 3-4 weeks Fun pimps collect reviews and then code, fix, test, cycle and we are doing cough * video * Cough meanwhile enjoying A17E ... So, those guys get a good look at a16.

Roland anyways says he suggest Madmole to release perk once per week so he see it is not release for 3-4 weeks at least (a17e ), they say it or not.

But I must say all Perk Video take away the frustration of delay a bit. Love to get Gyrocopter ...

Archived