Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

This was a rough clean up because I am busy at the moment. I'll come back to check more carefully.

Talk of Piracy is a forum-wide banned topic. Do not engage in piracy, do not justify piracy, and do not encourage it.

Release date spamming and being critical of the the developer's business practices are against the rules of this thread. Topics of this thread are limited to the game. You can be critical of a game mechanic or talk about things you want changed but complaining about release dates or getting on the dev's case about it HERE is off topic. There are threads dedicated to talking about release dates. Go there.

Hi, Roland! Sorry for my part in making clean-up messy. I know I should just let the trolls lie...but there are times...

On the gyro-copter/horde night topic...

How about this? ...the "foggy, blurry dark conditions" of the horde night destroys flying visibility to the point where, you can not fly (and game restricts launching any flights after it starts) And, if you happened to be in the air when horde night starts, your copter engine starts choking out and sputtering and a 30 sec timer shows on screen where you have to land immediately in 30 secs or crash.

I personally have no issues with someone spending horde night in their gyro-copter.

I see it like spending it in an underground bunker, I would not want to do it, but if someone else does then more power to them.

In the case of the gyro they:

Spent the points to be able to make it.

Found all of the items to make it and any work tables required to do so.

Got enough gas to stay airborne all night.

So it is not an easy out of horde night at all. If they want to do all that in order to accomplish it, then I have no issue with it.

Day 1000 an airplane flies over and drops a nuke...destroying the map , the player...everything...you get to see a lovely mushroom cloud and a bright flash...end credits roll with a story explaining the experiment failed , so they ended it!

Perfect. Battle royale without the annoying part of someone surviving.

I will say that with the new pathing and zombie behavior without actively defending your base in conjunction with passive defenses the zombies do a great deal of damage. So to be able to land on someone's roof and attract a horde into attacking the base while just watching may be an OP tactic especially with the other player most likely being offline while it all happens.

Now with auto turrets and spikes on your roof it seems that this could be prevented. If a gyrocopter trying to land on a roof takes fire from turrets it is almost certain to get rekt and spikes covering every block would keep players from jumping onto the roof. So why wouldn't this be a real answer?

What other reasons other than horde bating from a roof makes the ability to fly over a base really dumb (as in unbalanced I take it by your context)? And how would turrets and spikes NOT be adequate defenses against that? I'd even go so far as to use the false floor block to make a fake roof with spikes below that so that if they land on it they fall into spikes and get stuck....

A goodly amount of people use their roofs for things, and some servers expressly forbid and event block PVP so turrets would do nothing to deter people. But you'll still get the occasional a-hole that will wreck someones base by zombie baiting. While this will get the offender banned, it doesn't fix the damage done to the base.

Has the glitch in the ground graphics been fixed? (The one that made the ground appear as a wedge, mostly if you dug under and the ground above collapsed? Looked like a big wedge that wasn’t really there?) Or did that happen with the upgrade to unity 2018? That was the most annoying bug i ever came across in A16.

Doritos.

Just a thought re the gyrocopter at night (particularly on dark horde nights) - it should be quite a spooky refuge due to a severe lack of lighting. A miners helmet will not illuminate the ground very well from a height, so unless pilots have an illuminated reference point they might find themselves totally lost in the air, unable to see trees (hazards), hills (hazards) or the ground until perilously close to them.

If they use the gyro to avoid the horde, then it would be least risky at max height, unless a fuel consumption penalty is added for the thinner air at altitude.

A feeble fuel tank capacity, together with an inability to refuel in mid air, and the gyro becomes a lot more impotent for horde dodging.

I think people have forgotten that Fataal has said that vultures can spawn on horde nights and do extra damage to a gyro, so seems there's a built in solution already. I imagine if someone has a gyro they are at the gamestage that spawns vultures so....yeah.

I think people have forgotten that Fataal has said that vultures can spawn on horde nights and do extra damage to a gyro, so seems there's a built in solution already. I imagine if someone has a gyro they are at the gamestage that spawns vultures so....yeah.

...and probably shouldn't be hovering in one spot with it in any case. Cop puke screws with the workings...

Archived