Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

How could you possibly know anything about what does and does not work in a pathing system you've never gotten to play or even seen being played?

Fataal stated that zombies will go to the shortest or least block defense route to get to the player. It's based on what he said. so if you made one side of your base, weaker than the others, they will choose to destroy that side.

What's OP is traders... can get a lot of high lvl stuff within a day in game. Needs to be some gates on him with rep (which I know there probably will be at some point). Granted, need to get lucky with some treasure maps, but still...

I agree that there are things that need to be changed with the traders.

I just saw a 562 crossbow on day 20 for 2,000. Insanely under priced and over powered for that gamestage.

Also Metal Armor pieces in the 500 quality for only a few thousand each.

This is not only over powered for the game stage, but directly makes one of the perks un-needed. I hope some adjustments can be made to what is available and how much it costs.

im curious if streamers still get to play A17?

Weekend pior to us as stated 688545763222378996431124578 times.

So no real answer on the gyrocopter + raiding situation? Just "put spikes and auto turrets"? Am I the only one who thinks flying over peoples' bases is really dumb?

Many ways around this

What's OP is traders... can get a lot of high lvl stuff within a day in game. Needs to be some gates on him with rep (which I know there probably will be at some point). Granted, need to get lucky with some treasure maps, but still...

Not hard to max barter day 1 and get stash rank 3 as it stands now can also get a few stacks of dukes in this time. So yea can be easy. But it all depends on how you play.

Fataal stated that zombies will go to the shortest or least block defense route to get to the player. It's based on what he said. so if you made one side of your base, weaker than the others, they will choose to destroy that side.

Unless the movement calcs to get to that side of the base are more then just tearing through a closer wall/barrier.

A* Pathing

This video does a good job explaining..

I think it would be kinda cool if TFP created a montage of some of the more funny bugs they've encountered while testing. Slap them into a video and release at the end of the week. Blooper reels always get good PR.

I'd prefer they not waste time doing this and get A17e all tho I'm not against some lets play from the fun pimps show casing some things while we wait. Hint to madmole: About video time.

Recording your self every time you test just to get bloopers is a waste of time working on a project cause time goes into recording every time you test. All tho just a random lets play show case is simple fast and not time consuming during work hrs.

I'd prefer they not waste time doing this and get A17e all tho I'm not against some lets play from the fun pimps show casing some things while we wait. Hint to madmole: About video time.

Recording your self every time you test just to get bloopers is a waste of time working on a project cause time goes into recording every time you test. All tho just a random lets play show case is simple fast and not time consuming during work hrs.

But what if there is a person who has nothing to do right now because all of their tasks are complete, or they're waiting for a task to be completed so they can finish theirs, can THEY take some time to make a video or do you want them chained to their desks too? =)

...there already are bug videos, we just can't access them. The testers submit them with their bug reports on unlisted/private youtubes.

I agree that there are things that need to be changed with the traders.

I just saw a 562 crossbow on day 20 for 2,000. Insanely under priced and over powered for that gamestage.

Also Metal Armor pieces in the 500 quality for only a few thousand each.

This is not only over powered for the game stage, but directly makes one of the perks un-needed. I hope some adjustments can be made to what is available and how much it costs.

Agree. I usually take over the task to learn armor crafting in my co-op group. Early game I craft a few armor pieces for the group but after two weeks everyone usually has a full set from the trader. I usually don't bother to learn armor crafting to max.

But that is to be expected. In A15 traders were useless, in A16 too good, slowly TFP will converge on a balanced setting. But I hope for more:

Since the traders large selection makes them a rather reliable source for end-products at the moment it is hard for scavenging or any crafting bought with perk points (in A17) to compete.

I would prefer if 98% of the traders stock would be ingredients for the crafting recipes. The best crafting recipes should always have a mix of common and scarce ingredients and the trader then should be the somewhat reliable source for the scarce ingredients. And an additional source for common ingredients, but obviously expensive and in small quantities to make mining/farming/scavenging still the main source.

That way the traders would only be a supplement, but an important one (for the scarce ingredients) so that you don't want to ignore them.

Examples:

Iron armor would need hinges that you might also craft with a very seldom recipe, but the normal (relatively easy) source would be the trader.

Gun ammo would be available at the trader in max quantities of 10. But you can buy primers there to craft ammo, the other ingredients you get from mining as usual.

On the trader note I would agree that traders don't need to sell full weapons but only pieces of weapons.

IMO it is way to easy to get weapons in 7Days so I always mod every patch.

First all full weapons are removed from drops and only parts are dropped in game.

All mining helmets an nail guns are removed only parts are allowed to drop.

And now I don't use traders to much when I play only to get the quest done finding that first trader. Basically I need to look into replacing all weapons on traders with just weapon parts maybe then I will use traders.

Was also in Ravenhearst a couple months before that

Actually had it in a15 too...

- - - Updated - - -

The Forest was not a AAA game, yet it had a literal countdown in the main menu of when the next update would come out, and when that time came there was an update, followed by patches. Also, MOST AAA games meet the release date they advertise.

Most people here are aware that often projects get pushed back, however in professional environments there are also contracts with promised due dates and deliverables, and then there's accountability if those are not met. Every time there is criticism of the 7dtd development, many people immediately try to shut it down with this defense of "oh you don't know how it is, no one ever delivers a project when they say they will". It's called project management, and most game developers seem to be able to do it, even the ones who use the 'Early Access' model (which is sometimes also used as a massive middle finger to people asking for updates).

Ya and countless times when it came time for update they delayed it because....bugs... oh and the size of their updates are not even close to what the pimps do.

I think I'll call you Jon Snow as you know nothing :p

don´t forget...

video

*cough*

ive lost my cough.....its been cured over the long wait

ahem

- - - Updated - - -

Was also in Ravenhearst a couple months before that

Another GREAT mod

Medieval Mod another EXCELLENT mod

- - - Updated - - -

then pretty please, for a17, someone bring the lockpick mod in.

I noticed....just letting you know, in case you didnt know and wanted to try out , what I thought you didnt know that maybe you didnt know or did.

Ahem

Man I did not realize how cyclical this forum, specifically this thread, can get. Quick! Someone go back in the the thread and find what the next most common topic following TFP not being fast enough with updates/late on estimates and throw it out here to keep this ball rolling. Was it random obscure feature that should be added or a Roland "troland" comment? I vote AI discussion, its always more fun with Fataal in here.

You never answered my point that you can get refunds on steam...

The only catch is you need to play the game for less then 2 hours and I think there is a maximum time period since purchase as well.

It's less than 4 hours and you must not have it owned for over 2 weeks. But then they make exceptions with some cases.

Has the glitch in the ground graphics been fixed? (The one that made the ground appear as a wedge, mostly if you dug under and the ground above collapsed? Looked like a big wedge that wasn’t really there?) Or did that happen with the upgrade to unity 2018? That was the most annoying bug i ever came across in A16.

This was a rough clean up because I am busy at the moment. I'll come back to check more carefully.

Talk of Piracy is a forum-wide banned topic. Do not engage in piracy, do not justify piracy, and do not encourage it.

Release date spamming and being critical of the the developer's business practices are against the rules of this thread. Topics of this thread are limited to the game. You can be critical of a game mechanic or talk about things you want changed but complaining about release dates or getting on the dev's case about it HERE is off topic. There are threads dedicated to talking about release dates. Go there.

This was a rough clean up because I am busy at the moment. I'll come back to check more carefully.

Talk of Piracy is a forum-wide banned topic. Do not engage in piracy, do not justify piracy, and do not encourage it.

Release date spamming and being critical of the the developer's business practices are against the rules of this thread. Topics of this thread are limited to the game. You can be critical of a game mechanic or talk about things you want changed but complaining about release dates or getting on the dev's case about it HERE is off topic. There are threads dedicated to talking about release dates. Go there.

Hi, Roland! Sorry for my part in making clean-up messy. I know I should just let the trolls lie...but there are times...

Archived