Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

When you watch the newest videos, made in October, it just makes you wonder HOW the devs thought that July would be a possible release date. Skills are still just getting put into the new system for the first time, some of them still not quite figured out yet, and there's plenty of bugs and issues NOW near the end of October.

When you watch the newest videos, made in October, it just makes you wonder HOW the devs thought that July would be a possible release date. Skills are still just getting put into the new system for the first time, some of them still not quite figured out yet, and there's plenty of bugs and issues NOW near the end of October.

Maybe they were wanting a good chunk of it ready by then, and say perks was going to be like 17.1, or maybe just means a quick transition from A17 to A18 at that point. Can't say I know, but it'd have still put out a lot of new things at that point.

Have you ever made a mistake? Have you ever had that mistake OBSESSIVELY analysed and revisited by others?

WATCH FROZEN AND LET IT GO!

They made a mistake. <-- period

Roland modded the game to show the ending credits, but no official ending to the game yet. :)

..."Roland" and "Modded" don't belong in the same sentence without some sort of "couldn't have possibly" in between...

- - - Updated - - -

Have you ever made a mistake? Have you ever had that mistake OBSESSIVELY analysed and revisited by others?

WATCH FROZEN AND LET IT GO!

They made a mistake. <-- period

Well, no, they decided to push in a few other things during that time... that would have been when 2018 came out, I think.

I suspect Richard is keeping them on a schedule, but that the goal line has moved a few times, which isn't a bad thing IMO.

Zombies actually being able to path to you instead of running in circles "has no effect on day to day play"? Huh?

It will be the pack of zombie dogs that we all have ignored for so long, will now be something to dread if out in the open.

I have foreseen my A17 death. :)

This tactic annoys me.It shouldnt be that easy to dig holes.Cuz digging would burn stamina pretty quick and using some machine would just cause tons of noise.

Plus dirt blocks or some rocks would collaspe on you if you dont add some support.This will be added A628.17 experimental dont worry.

In short, it's not.

Digging does burn a lot of stamina. Even more so when you get to the solid rock layer. Lots of time used, food and water used up. Time spent digging takes away from other things like scavenging.

Augurs do make lots of noise and attract zombies by the hoard.

Some blocks do fall on you, sand and gravel mainly but other dirt blocks do fall. I nearly got killed a few times doing so. So yes you do need support. So what's your point anyway?

But anyways. I don't see the devs saying (anything) about this. Nope, not a word. Well I guess it will still be just-as-easy to dig and hide in Alpha-17 IMVAO.

Isn't that right TFP's? ;)

There's really no point in hard coding in a difficulty when all the options are available and so much of the game difficulty can actually be modded or changed in the options (and be really cool when they have an xml of many variables with better explanations of each option, lol)

There is. Giving balanced defaults is always good. Inexperienced players wouldn't know what the right values are. And even experienced players tend to overlook those options and then complain about too much loot for example

Nah, not very much, cause they are no challenge when they do reach me.

I remember you always talking about how the game is no challenge to you at insane, you never get hit, you can run around in underwear and kill all zombies with your bare hands (last one is my free interpretation). Lets just assume that you are not boasting. In that case you have exceptional reflexes and astonishing hand-eye coordination. Congratulation.

But in your inital post you were talking about "...has not been tweaked that much in making (non-horde) zombies better at killing you.". Notice the "you", You were not talking about Super-Louden, you were talking about Average Joe. And so was everyone else. And because of that your claims were wrong.

There is. Giving balanced defaults is always good. Inexperienced players wouldn't know what the right values are. And even experienced players tend to overlook those options

Snip

I think that is a great idea. Have the difficulties have default values for all of those settings. From loot level to air drop being marked, right down the list.

..."Roland" and "Modded" don't belong in the same sentence without some sort of "couldn't have possibly" in between...

This.

It was a joke guys. There aren't any ingame end credits yet and I wouldn't actually move them to right after the starter quest.

Now, I have heard that guppy runs a modding university through discord. Maybe I could learn....

This.

It was a joke guys. There aren't any ingame end credits yet and I wouldn't actually move them to right after the starter quest.

Now, I have heard that guppy runs a modding university through discord. Maybe I could learn....

It's true. Got a good group of guys on there, and every time I see a collaboration of modders on there it brings a tear to my eyes. You should see some of the stuff produced on there. Everyone benefits.

-snip-

I suspect Richard is keeping them on a schedule, but that the goal line has moved a few times, which isn't a bad thing IMO.

Well... Traditionally that sort of thing would be bad for the bottom line. But this is TFP so I dunno. Maybe he's giving false internal deadlines to speed things up.

The trolling runs deep.

In short, it's not.

Digging does burn a lot of stamina. Even more so when you get to the solid rock layer. Lots of time used, food and water used up. Time spent digging takes away from other things like scavenging.

Augurs do make lots of noise and attract zombies by the hoard.

Some blocks do fall on you, sand and gravel mainly but other dirt blocks do fall. I nearly got killed a few times doing so. So yes you do need support. So what's your point anyway?

But anyways. I don't see the devs saying (anything) about this. Nope, not a word. Well I guess it will still be just-as-easy to dig and hide in Alpha-17 IMVAO.

Isn't that right TFP's? ;)

I think they have been ringing the "food and water are a struggle early" bell pretty hard. Maybe that would severely tax your digging time and efficiency . To me digging is not fun all the time. Digging is not fun when "running " from a horde. These folks have surprised me with changes in the past(not every time). we'll see I guess. I hope I don't know what I'm getting myself into.I hope I'm scared. I hope I run out of easy options. I hope it's fun. :)

Well... Traditionally that sort of thing would be bad for the bottom line. But this is TFP so I dunno. Maybe he's giving false internal deadlines to speed things up.

The trolling runs deep.

Yeh they haven't stuck with conventional wisdom, like at all, and it seems to suit them well.

Ich hatte vor X Seiten gelesen das jemand schrieb er habe 16.4 durchgespielt. Wir haben bis Tag 200+ gespielt . Ich dachte ich habe das Ende verpasst . :-)

Only english here Mr. For the sake of understanding. We are from many countries and, as Games4kickz would say, you have some ballz showing up here and talking to us like that. Next time have some respect for the people over here.

That said, a17 is the solution to all your/our present and future problems. As will be every alpha after that.

There is. Giving balanced defaults is always good. Inexperienced players wouldn't know what the right values are. And even experienced players tend to overlook those options and then complain about too much loot for example.

That was why I was saying they could build presets to choose from, then still let those options be changeable, but keep the recommended for that difficulty highlighted in yellow so a player could see if they are making that easier or harder than recommended for what they want. And as for experienced players overlooking options, that's their fault. I check it every time to make sure it didn't change for whatever reason, even on continues due to me having that same issue once. Bugged the hell out of me until I saw my settings where messed up when I went to continue the game later.

I have a question for everyone that cares to answer:

Recently it was thrown out there that they might level gate the attributes.

- What if they spread them out (somewhat) evenly over the 200 levels?

Character Level 1 = Attribute Level 1 Unlocks ( and it looks like we start with this)

Character Level 20 = Attribute Level 2 Unlocks

Character Level 40 = Attribute Level 3 Unlocks

Character Level 60 = Attribute Level 4 Unlocks

Character Level 80 = Attribute Level 5 Unlocks

Character Level 100 = Attribute Level 6 Unlocks

Character Level 125 = Attribute Level 7 Unlocks

Character Level 150 = Attribute Level 8 Unlocks

Character Level 175 = Attribute Level 9 Unlocks

Character Level 200 = Attribute Level 10 Unlocks

Day 1000 an airplane flies over and drops a nuke...destroying the map , the player...everything...you get to see a lovely mushroom cloud and a bright flash...end credits roll with a story explaining the experiment failed , so they ended it!

Start over , play a new character...

I have a question for everyone that cares to answer:

Recently it was thrown out there that they might level gate the attributes.

- What if they spread them out (somewhat) evenly over the 200 levels?

Character Level 1 = Attribute Level 1 Unlocks ( and it looks like we start with this)

Character Level 20 = Attribute Level 2 Unlocks

Character Level 40 = Attribute Level 3 Unlocks

Character Level 60 = Attribute Level 4 Unlocks

Character Level 80 = Attribute Level 5 Unlocks

Character Level 100 = Attribute Level 6 Unlocks

Character Level 125 = Attribute Level 7 Unlocks

Character Level 150 = Attribute Level 8 Unlocks

Character Level 175 = Attribute Level 9 Unlocks

Character Level 200 = Attribute Level 10 Unlocks

I think it'd have to depend on the perk more than the stat. That'd mean you'd be having to sit on points till max level to then have enough to max out anything. That kind of defeats the purpose of having a perk point if you couldn't use it for days (in game). Only time I could see sitting on them is the scenario Roland and others were saying where you don't spend the first one until after a week in game. I could see:

Perks (not stats, no level gates on those)

1: any time

2: 20

3: 40

4: 70

5: 100

Or something to that effect since you could still use stuff across the board. It also would mean you can't rush one attribute to max in whatever you wanted. But that would then limit players. I think the best would just not to have gates and let people either do an honor system of their own if they so wish or what for a modder to make changes to it then use that. This game is meant a lot for modders since there are soooooo many different play styles in this game. One mod (including vanilla) will never be able to make everyone happy or even close.

snip

That is a great point. I had not thought of that.

Edit to add:

I looked and there are over 30 perks I plan to buy into (assuming they don't change much from videos)

so that would still leave me with plenty of choices to make of what to take when.

Day 1000 an airplane flies over and drops a nuke...destroying the map , the player...everything...you get to see a lovely mushroom cloud and a bright flash...end credits roll with a story explaining the experiment failed , so they ended it!

Start over , play a new character...

Fallout 76 plot?:smile-new:

That is a great point. I had not thought of that.

Edit to add:

I looked and there are over 30 perks I plan to buy into (assuming they don't change much from videos)

so that would still leave me with plenty of choices to make of what to take when.

Lol, idk if I have that many, but it'd be good to have at least 1 in almost each just to have some kind of bonus if you are in a situation of "that's all I got". But there will probably be a few more perks before release or some changed around that I would want now but didn't before. not to mention I know modders will have a hay day with it and probably have over 40 perks for each attribute, lol.

Archived