Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Guys guys. I’m right here. My post is not some ancient text that you must analyze using outside reference sources in order to figure out original intent. Just ask.

I'll take.. "What was your intent of the post." for 100 Rolandtrebek?

:popcorn: wonders if I'll get a wammy..

I'll take.. "What was your intent of the post." for 100 Rolandtrebek?

:popcorn: wonders if I'll get a wammy..

Well, thank you for asking. I do think the majority of veteran players will find it harder. I don’t think the majority will find it too hard. I think a goodly number of veterans who haven’t died in a long while playing this game will end up dying. I think a goodly number of new players will find it less frustrating to play on an easier setting. Will that be the majority? I don’t know. By many I meant more than some but I didn’t have an exact intent to say majority. This is all purely my own opinion, of course, and maybe most will send me angry letters that the game is even easier now...

Well, thank you for asking. I do think the majority of veteran players will find it harder. I don’t think the majority will find it too hard. I think a goodly number of veterans who haven’t died in a long while playing this game will end up dying. I think a goodly number of new players will find it less frustrating to play on an easier setting. Will that be the majority? I don’t know. By many I meant more than some but I didn’t have an exact intent to say majority. This is all purely my own opinion, of course, and maybe most will send me angry letters that the game is even easier now...

*Takes note to blame Roland if the game is easy*

I-blame-Roland

Just preparing for the future^ :playful:

Third entry, second definition. It's the American dictionary but it still counts :-)

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/many

Balance and difficulty are inextricably linked, I'd say the default difficulty should offer new players a challenge but not be so difficult as to be disheartening. You'll just be making people rage-quit for no good reason, if that's the case the default difficulty should be lowered.

And even that entry specified that that was its meaning in the phrase "the many." That isn't how Roland phrased it. The way Roland used it it basically means "more than a few."

Outside the specific phrasing "THE many", no one uses it as a synonym of the word majority.

In the interest of thread efficiency, please define:

goodly

some

We need to know where it fits in with many.

No. Servers use the steam id.

It would be a nice server option to allow people to delete their own character and start over. I would also like a "Dead is dead" server option where they can't start over and after one death they can't log back in until a server wipe.

I was looking at old alpha 16 update videos. There were things that were expected like new cave tunnel systems, lock picking, zip lines better blending biomes. Actually looking back and when I got this game so many things were shown off and hyped and never delivered. Too many to list!

Really hope this update keeps the fans interested and creates new ones as well!

Pimps should invest in a good project manager to help keep deadlines and organize responsibilities and goals!

I was looking at old alpha 16 update videos. There were things that were expected like new cave tunnel systems, lock picking, zip lines better blending biomes. Actually looking back and when I got this game so many things were shown off and hyped and never delivered. Too many to list!

Really hope this update keeps the fans interested and creates new ones as well!

Pimps should invest in a good project manager to help keep deadlines and organize responsibilities and goals!

Lol...the project manager is the one who axed those things you mentioned until TFP could get back on track focusing on the original goals. Project managers are not magic fairies that make all the features you’ve dreamed of come true. They most often are the bridge trolls that crack the whip and say to the programmers, “Too bad, that is beyond the scope!”

Lol...the project manager is the one who axed those things you mentioned until TFP could get back on track focusing on the original goals. Project managers are not magic fairies that make all the features you’ve dreamed of come true. They most often are the bridge trolls that crack the whip and say to the programmers, “Too bad, that is beyond the scope!”

Thank you for the reply! On a different note any update or news to share on the gore block alternative? Hows that coming along?

In fact 99% of the game is not horde night and as far as that is concerned that has not been tweaked that much in making (non-horde) zombies better at killing you.

That's just factually inaccurate. The zombie behavior that has been changes is NOT changed only for horde night. it is changed for EVERY day and time of day. The tracking is ALWAYS better, the instruction to go destroy blocks nearby if they cannot reach you is ALWAYS active. There being more zombies wandering in the wild and not only sleepers is ALWAYS in effect, not only on horde night. Etc, etc, etc. Actually I'd like to hear from you just what portion of the changes made you think apply only to horde night. I'm curious.

Or maybe the new normal is a well balanced but tougher game where new players will need to start on easy and progress to standard difficulty. A tough game can be well balanced and with all the new dynamics I suggest that some veterans may find they are having a hard time. Now if blaming balance is necessary to protect gamer egos I get that. I actually suggested making Adventurer the new default precisely because the game is tougher now and I knew gamers wouldn’t like to have to turn it down a notch. Calling Adventurer level the default would save us from a lot of knee jerk “balance!” complaints..lol

I heard from "sources" that at the hardest difficulty setting, there is a clown zombie. It always stays behind the player and can only be seen by others, it:

-Stabs the player in the back during close fights and says something snarky.

-Makes loud noises when the player is trying to sneak.

-Poops in the players backpack, spoiling all the food.

Bring on that clown bastardo! I'll kill him somehow! KILLL!!!

***At Al's Marina and Center for Treatment of Type 'A' Survivors, don't forget to try our Beer Jacuzzi. Scientifically proven! ***

Don't you think we should be? Like in Ark? Reason being, we might want a new experience in our favorite servers?

You CAN PM the Admin to delete you from their profile dir.

But yeah, an ingame option would be nice for some.

I heard from "sources" that at the hardest difficulty setting, there is a clown zombie. It always stays behind the player and can only be seen by others, it:

-Stabs the player in the back during close fights and says something snarky.

-Makes loud noises when the player is trying to sneak.

-Poops in the players backpack, spoiling all the food.

Bring on that clown bastardo! I'll kill him somehow! KILLL!!!

***At Al's Marina and Center for Treatment of Type 'A' Survivors, don't forget to try our Beer Jacuzzi. Scientifically proven! ***

if someone can somehow mod in a clown zombie boss that looks like Tim Curry's ' It '... i would be forever scarred & grateful :D

My gameplay advice based on my recent play is to secure food and water first thing. Ignoring those things to do other things will spell your death. Now I’m not nationally ranked in any video game so you’ll have to take my advice with a grain of salt....

That is good news because up to this point food has never been an issue.

Do you start farming asap?

What happens when you run out of all "fullness"?

Archived