Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I have been curious:

Does anyone else think that the Jeep will be hard to maneuver off road? Faatal said it is 2 blocks wide and that is not a lot, but I think about traveling through the woods on my minibike and how many spaces I squeeze through and barely zig or zag around.

For that reason I am most looking forward to the Motorcycle, but will definitely make a Jeep and test it out.

not really, especially since we can plow thru stuff now. If the jump turns like a tank, then we can plow thru trees like one too. THe earilier vids of the jeep showed him plowing thru stuff on the road and tried to go thru a building. but sadly didnt get enough speed up, but said we could.

I have been curious:

Does anyone else think that the Jeep will be hard to maneuver off road? Faatal said it is 2 blocks wide and that is not a lot, but I think about traveling through the woods on my minibike and how many spaces I squeeze through and barely zig or zag around.

For that reason I am most looking forward to the Motorcycle, but will definitely make a Jeep and test it out.

I'm looking for a motorcycle too. The only thing that can change my mind is that the Jeep will have more storage space than other vehicles, not just 3 extra slots.

I'm looking for a motorcycle too. The only thing that can change my mind is that the Jeep will have more storage space than other vehicles, not just 3 extra slots.

I hope the jeep uses up more fuel than the motorcycle too.

Else it would make the motorcycle less useful.

It would be odd if the Jeep didn't have more storage than the motorcycle. I am hoping to try a nomadic lifestyle in at least one playthrough and as long as the Jeep has at least as much space as the A16 mini bike, I'm good with that.

Unless there is some surprises we don't know about, I would say the jeep is the safest or second safest thing you can use to survive, depending how quick and easy it is to get the gyrocopter off the ground and landing it.

Forts are obsolete. :)

What i imagine:

minibike: low storage, low speed, low protection, plus: low fuel consumption, first (motorized) vehicle

motorcycle: medium storage, fast, mid protection, medium fuel consumption

jeep: high storage, high protection / running over zombies, medium speed, high fuel consumption

gyrocopter: low storage, no protection, very high fuel consumption, plus: can fly

It would be odd if the Jeep didn't have more storage than the motorcycle. I am hoping to try a nomadic lifestyle in at least one playthrough and as long as the Jeep has at least as much space as the A16 mini bike, I'm good with that.

The jeep has more storage but the inventory is divided into free slots and fuel consumption slots. If you have items in the fuel consumption slots it will drain your fuel faster. But buying ranks in the Hybrid Vehicle perk tree can remove those fuel consumption slots and turn them into free slots.

I did a short video on it so you can see.

bicycle: low storage, low speed, no protection, plus: does not require fuel, first vehicle

It does not even need to be that slow, but have the trade of of using stamina (and thus more food). Also slower when encumbered.

It should not have a vehicle storage.

The jeep has more storage but the inventory is divided into free slots and fuel consumption slots. If you have items in the fuel consumption slots it will drain your fuel faster. But buying ranks in the Hybrid Vehicle perk tree can remove those fuel consumption slots and turn them into free slots.

...and this approach made sense to someone?

It does not even need to be that slow, but have the trade of of using stamina (and thus more food). Also slower when encumbered.

It should not have a vehicle storage.

Why not. Like few slots at the back, better than nothing.

It will be much more difficult to craft a jeep and gyrocopter than other vehicles.

- - - Updated - - -

...and this approach made sense to someone?

No sense at all. It's just Trolland :smile-new:

For vehicle storage I would like to see: (And pulling these numbers out of .....well you know where.)

Bicycle: 6 Storage ( Or maybe between 8 - 12)

Minibike: 18 Storage (What it has now)

Motorcycle: 27

Jeep: 36

Gyro: Same as bicycle.

That would put the Gyrpcopter down to scouting, night horde avoidance and rapid quest completion. Thats still strong just not as OP.

That would put the Gyrpcopter down to scouting, night horde avoidance and rapid quest completion. Thats still strong just not as OP.

An overload buff could be added to gyro, so taking off or flying become a bit impossible, gonna be good in hot moments.

Oh cool! I just saw they had a greyed out spot that looks like a silhouette of a gun turret? I hope it makes the cut whatever it is.

During horde night, the occasional vulture should show up.

Not just for making a gyrocopter flight unsafe (reducing the value of a cheap horde-avoidance), but also to make the player have to consider defending against airborn threats when defending the base.

The gyrocopter should have its main purpose to scout out the area, and reach some position quickly that is far off.

But it should not be the choice for extended loot runs (low inventory).

Having a high fuel consuption will make it expensive, and make the ground vehicles the default mode of travel.

(flying is else just a too powerful alternative)

It could even require special fuel (high % alcohol) that must be grown, fermented and distilled by farming.

All this talk how "horde night should not be avoidable" while all you have to do is go options and turn zombie spawn off :|

If you want to fight zombies 24/7/365 that's fine but stop trying to force this way of playing the game on others. Sometimes i don't want to deal with zombies as im more interested in doing something different (especially in alpha 17 with reduced by 99% zombie loot - aka no bones and fat). Since alpha 17 i won't be able to just ignore horde and dig but at least don't force me also to break immersion by going to main menu just to turn zombies off.

LOL - so mean .... You've got so many people so riled up.. Living up to the name Troland. :D

A minibike trailer or a little red wagon (Radio Flyer!) or a shopping cart we have to push around, varying capacity that could be from 36 to 144 items, that is the direction to go here. Then, it wouldnt matter as much what size the backpack is.

THIS a hundred times over. I registered just to put a vote behind this idea. One of my favorite things about this game is the amount of stuff to find/craft/accomplish. Adding more stuff, specifically stuff that serves a useful purpose and thus is desirable, makes the game that much more fun and adds to the 'replayability' as it were.

I find the game a bit too easy, especially late game. I'd like to see the difficulty ramp way up somehow (not just in raw zombie HP being crazy inflated or their attack dmg being absurdly high), but more of a natural danger. Think like Walking Dead, there's the ever-present threat of being swarmed, especially in cities. Right now, we build our bases in cities for the loot, but there's never a risk of getting swarmed, especially if there's two or more people.

Imagine if you had to balance the ability to transport loot in a noise shopping cart, minibike, minibike w/ trailer, station wagon, pick up truck, or even military transport vs. the noise it'll make and the zombies that it will bring. I've never seen 64 zombies at once. If I drive a diesel truck through the city to pick up loot, getting swarmed by 64 zombies would be the kind of natural risk/danger that would make it exciting.

I want to drive a sports car with the car alarm blaring as a distraction while my team sneaks out with a ton of loot. :)

Bring the ragged-edge, nail biting, raw-nerved excitement from Left 4 Dead into 7D2D, balanced with the stealth and tension from Walking Dead moments between the action, and man would this be an absurdly (even more) bad-ass game!!!

Archived