Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

About the video.

The rider on the bicycle looks very thin. I bet it would be very easy to get through narrow places fast on that thing.

But would the rider be knocked off and rag rolled if they were hit by a zombie?

Will we be able to carry stuff on it?

Thanks for the video, I like hearing about the perks.

I wonder if all the changes to the perks were the original holdup from the July estimate or if it was other bugs/ issues and during the delay to fix those they started tinkering with the perk overhaul. Seems like we would have been hearing bout the new park changes in June if they were already planned. Just my two cents. Still playing my new seed noalphayet whilst I wait impatiently, lol.

We're definitely getting rid of fertilizer... I didn't know poop fights were a thing.

They would be if you added an Effect for being covered in Poop, maybe Z,s can sense you until you wash it off in Water.

Add Z Flies to the Game & you have to Run to Water like you were escaping a Bee Swarm...

1. Making the game an asia-MMO grindfest is not on the feature list and I won't even look if that is still supported in code.

2. Anything that has a trigger can count up a variable and you can define something like "landing after a jump while holding raw meat and having more than 73% stamina and a sprained ankle" as your skill gain event that eventually unlocks whatever you want either automatically or by making a perk level available for purchase.

Will we have trigger when player on ladder? )0000367_bamboo-ladder-natural.jpeg

I have a question about Shopping Baskets.

I see that quality can drive slots in an item like mod slots in a weapon based on quality.

Can this be added to the shopping baskets? I mean I know it can and am sure it will be with mods, but will it be in Vanilla?

Tier 1 = 6 slots

Tier 2 = 12

Tier 3 = 18... ect

Just something I have been wondering. Thank you!

I have a question about Shopping Baskets.

I see that quality can drive slots in an item like mod slots in a weapon based on quality.

Can this be added to the shopping baskets? I mean I know it can and am sure it will be with mods, but will it be in Vanilla?

Tier 1 = 6 slots

Tier 2 = 12

Tier 3 = 18... ect

Just something I have been wondering. Thank you!

Sounds like a cool idea! Even if TFP disagrees, modders take note.

I will say that some of the changes that I have seen don't seem to be to my liking. Only time (and playing) will tell. One of the cool side effects of this, though, is that I'm actually thinking about checking out mods. I've never given them much thought before, but now I find myself drawn to the possibility of filling out the game in ways that TFP doesn't want to do it. I do look forward to playing TFP's version, but I'm also excited by all of the other possibilities which are out there, possibilities made easier by TFP's work. It's like building a LEGO set, thinking the final form is just okay, then reconstructing it with those pieces (and a few others) into something more to your liking.

Said it before and I'll say it again...

I really don't get this putting systems in, refining them and removing them. Looking at the fertilizer on this one.

However, in THEORY it should be possible to put it back in if people wanted to.

I agree, the history of this game's development is basically spending 50% of their time making new things, and 50% of their time removing old things and/or remaking them. This new skills system is another perfect example. Or the gun system. Or the noise/smell systems. Or the forges/smelting systems.

I disagree I think the history was programming what they could but it was not in TFPs original intentions so they are not removing they are replacing.

I agree with this.

The Mole himself said several times that they are finally able to do what they envisioned all along. Everything up until now was a work around to get it into the game. Fertilizer is a perfect example. They wanted it in the game and that was the way they chose to do it. Now with the new framework and system they can do what they wanted to all along.

I agree, the history of this game's development is basically spending 50% of their time making new things, and 50% of their time removing old things and/or remaking them. This new skills system is another perfect example. Or the gun system. Or the noise/smell systems. Or the forges/smelting systems.

Welcome to game development. In most games you just don't see it happen because you don't have early access and only get the final version, but I guarantee that systems being introduced and then replaced is not unheard of. In fact, Stellaris, the devs of which have been working on the next update for a looong time, has done this same thing in basically every major update, and that is a *strategy* game, where it becomes even more alienating (and it's still a great game, because the new systems are just overall better).

Not true. It goes like this, or close to this:

1 They have an idea,

1.1-They have a design meeting,

2 They put a placeholder/system;

3 They test the feature,

4 They have a design meeting,

5 They replace the system to something better.

If after all that doesn't work, they roll again to 1 but with the cumulative knowledge of previous systems.

If the original idea works they can just do 1, 1.1 and 2 which is what's happening lately.

Just imagine that there exists a difficulty setting of "easy": Damage to zombies 200%.

Now tell me again why a novice player would need a headshot multiplier if ANY HIT on a zombie is like a critical hit.

Maybe because body shots being as damaging as the old headshots is immersion breaking? Before you needed to get skilled at killing Zombie by targeting the heads. If all you need to do is hit the body, it makes the game feel dumbed down. You also assume that people will select "Easy". Most people run games on standard ( what i assume Joel was using in his videos ). And it was like seeing somebody hitting wet clay over and over again.

Just imagine that there exists a difficulty setting of "easy": Damage to zombies 200%.

Now tell me again why a novice player would need a headshot multiplier if ANY HIT on a zombie is like a critical hit.

You really can't see the difference in aiming at a specific part that is harder to hit but gives an advantage when you succeed over a generic "Every hit does 200% damage" setting?

With harvesting being in Fortitude:

How many people worked all day in the field, harvesting? I did as a kid and you need fortitude!

Field dressing a deer without a real sharp knife would require some too.

It's not a farming simulator. We aren't talking about being able to harvest more plants faster and for longer. I don't care if you are 6'7" 285lbs and can run a marathon carrying a full field pack. If we both walk up to a potato plant and dig up the potatoes, we are both getting the same number and size potatoes.

It's not a farming simulator. We aren't talking about being able to harvest more plants faster and for longer. I don't care if you are 6'7" 285lbs and can run a marathon carrying a full field pack. If we both walk up to a potato plant and dig up the potatoes, we are both getting the same number and size potatoes.

I think the implications of the perk is that whoever harvests it did the taking care of the field up to that point, but since this is a game and not a real-life chore, it has to be distilled into something that works gameplay-wise.

Archived