Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Pretty sure there is a 255 block limit from bedrock to skyrock, but I dunno if you can fly past skyrock.

Vehicle y positions are not tied to blocks. They could be at 100000 if we wanted, but some cap or decreased lift would make sense.

Just re-watched it. He does specifically say there is no bonus headshot damage unless you perk into it. :( Hope he misspoke because there should be some advantage to not just aim center of mass.

Wow, no headshot damage without a perk, that is totally unreasonable.

Who’s going to lose their ♥♥♥♥ about the game losing its ♥♥♥♥...?

I have to admit Roland. I guess I'm a game snob, but for whatever reason I thought it was gross and immature to have it in the game. I could never collect them because the thought grossed me out. On that note, it is going to be soooooooo hard to choose from abilities, TFP came up with some great perks. I love to farm, mine, fight and forage..Thanks for more torture... I really appreciate the new cooking stuff, please tell the team I said thanks!

Questions:

1- Is military armor the top tier for light armor and the new Steel armor the top tier for heavy armor ?

2- Drugs? alcohol, painkillers, antibiotics and.... more?

3- Regarding an older video about intellect....Does the Gyrocopter burn a ton of gas compared to other vehicles?

1 and 2 yes.

I never really concentrated on them B4, but the perk system makes me feel like I can create multiple characters, concentrating or focusing on different skillsets.

The question i have is re: the quality upgrade, purchased by perk, this will only be applied to future scaling, correct, not including armor i already have on character, in possession of, or in a box?.

Added thought, antibiotics are they goingto be toned down, because they are nearly as strong ingame as the perk for infection avoidance.

Good riddance to turds. I just realized it's odd that grabbing human feces for fertilizer bothered me more than cutting up zombies and using their flesh for fertilizer..... so desensitized.

Love this tree going to get off the land and the stun proof perks for sure!

So, thanks for the video! I'm impressed with how much can be done by the perks now, love the harvest one! I also like the change to loot you mentioned :)

I was writing feedback on every perk but realized my judgement will probably be off as certain mechanics change in A17. Specifically I'm worried for the injury and disease perks, as I pretty much never get those in a16. Are we going to face those more often now?

edit: turds won't be missed. :p

Check out our new attribute fortitude and all its perks!

There are some items that will work extremely well together (everything is a plus) but I am not going to say this time because you might nerf them! I can think of some people on this forum who see this too and are also keeping quiet. Shhhh. :D

It's not game breaking, it's just strong. It's OK to me strong.

So, who is going to help me Mod out Living Off the Land? Or move it to Intellect. Those benefits seem to fit Int better. It just seems completely out of place in Fortitude. When I saw the name I assumed it was going to be resistance to food poisoning and maybe extra benefit from uncooked food and rotten flesh. "Here let me pick that coffee I'm a beefier guy so I'll get more beans per plant" just doesn't make much sense to me.

Other than that I like everything in that skill tree. They all seem well balanced and a decent place to spend some points.

- - - Updated - - -

@Madmole

can it be that there are some writing fails at slow metabolism? because the 3 level have 20 % satiation instead of 60% and the last 2 (lv4 && lv 5) ar the same as lv 1...

He said during the video that those were wrong.

With Gyrocopter in view, What will happen when say player is flying at height and he got no fuel? will the gyrocopter fell to destory and kill player or it just land safely?

The top rotor is not powered. You should be able to glide it down.

I never really concentrated on them B4, but the perk system makes me feel like I can create multiple characters, concentrating or focusing on different skillsets.

The question i have is re: the quality upgrade, purchased by perk, this will only be applied to future scaling, correct, not including armor i already have on character, in possession of, or in a box?.

Added thought, antibiotics are they goingto be toned down, because they are nearly as strong ingame as the perk for infection avoidance.

The armor perks make any armor you wear more effective. Imagine it as you know how to move just right so a blow glances off you instead of sinking into your flesh.

Linear skill progression is a bad mechanic, it's better to use a system of diminishing returns.

I shouldn't have to play for five hours to get my first skill point, it's just far too slow. I should be able to get my first skill point within 30-60 minutes. The problem is at that rate it isn't long before you've maxed out a character.

If you require more xp to level up as the player gains levels it also helps to balance out the increased xp due to skill bonuses.

If MadMole plans to have it take six months to max out a character it's the only way the math-hammer works for lower levels, otherwise you're spending days seducing zombies for a single skill point as a first level bard.

I disagree 100 percent. And so does everyone else. We ALL have a different idea of how long things should last. So there is no right answer here. They have to pick a happy medium. Anything more than its going to have to require modding because if you win and it takes 30 minutes to get a point Ill be mad as hell, of they win and it takes 5 hours you will be mad as hell. SOMEONE will be mad as hell either way right?

- - - Updated - - -

Who’s going to lose their ♥♥♥♥ about the game losing its ♥♥♥♥...?

I will.

Fertilizer offered a nice way to increase yields on farming. Buying a perk that gives you 6 extra veggies? I won't begin to laugh at how ridiculous that is. Looks like farmers role in this game is being reduced a bit which is cool if thats what they want.

That's what Ravenhearst is for. Realism.

Next thing you will tell me that there's a perk to unlock headshots...in a zombie game.

Oh...

Aside from those minor gripes MM you have excited me about this Alpha like no other before. Speccing and building a char is going to be immense fun and I cant wait to experience it in all its glory. Thank you for the videos.

No more turds...oh well , I guess my brothers and I will have to find something else to throw at each other on our private server...lol

Pain Tolerance 5 is the first must have for me...since I constantly all the way into late game charge in and crush skulls . No chance of getting stunned is going to be nice!

The wording on Living off the Land , sounds like you will only get 1 crop per harvest period...unless you put points into it . Not 2 extra for level 1...just 2 total...correct me if I am wrong on that...

So after watching the last Joels videos about perks I was a bit sad, let me explain.

Currently in A16.4 you get better, the more you do with certain items, pistols, shotguns, shovels, picks etc and you level up a perk the more you use an item. Will we still be able to mod that feature back in A17 with the new perk framework so that using an item will give experience to a perk and level it up without spending points in the perk like it's in A16 and get better at using them? I love this feature in A16.4 and personally will miss it greatly from A17, but it is what it is.

Also will it still be possible to mod in a feature from A16.4, that by reading a book/schematic you learn a perk?

Thanks!

Archived