Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

So Everdeen is in (if that body stays in the world long enough to loot), smell is out (indefinitely as far as I can tell), FO76 is a cash grab into the battle royale market, and maybe the streamer thing was a bad idea.

That about sums up the last few pages, yeah?

At the rate people are getting banned this forum is swiftly feeling like a battle royale :-)

So I think roland has inadvertently revealed that TFP hope to get a17e ready by october 31 which is a damn good release date if you ask me.I can already foresee the comments : "Screw trick or treat guys! let's play a17e until our fingers melt and our brains explode!"

So I think roland has inadvertently revealed that TFP hope to get a17e ready by october 31 which is a damn good release date if you ask me.I can already foresee the comments : "Screw trick or treat guys! let's play a17e until our fingers melt and our brains explode!"

No he said A17e will definitively be out by the end of the year. Not by the end of October.

At this point I'm starting to believe A17 is secretly being developed into a beta release. 1 year 4 months since A16 dropped, almost 1 year since A16.4 dropped. This could've easily been 2 alpha releases this year. What a trick or treat surprise it'll be if they release this update as beta and we no longer have to wipe our saves.

At this point I'm starting to believe A17 is secretly being developed into a beta release. 1 year 4 months since A16 dropped, almost 1 year since A16.4 dropped. This could've easily been 2 alpha releases this year. What a trick or treat surprise it'll be if they release this update as beta and we no longer have to wipe our saves.

It's no secret. They've already implied that this is the last big content update push before moving into the Beta stages.

I advertently stated it would not be out in October which includes the 31st...

So Everdeen is in (if that body stays in the world long enough to loot), smell is out (indefinitely as far as I can tell), FO76 is a cash grab into the battle royale market, and maybe the streamer thing was a bad idea.

Everdeen is in, Churchill is out, Caddyshack is being worked on, Cold Witch is on hold because it requires Grey Squirrel, Angry Cupholder has just entered early design stage.

Check out our new strength perks!

yay!

@2:53 <- i would assume this is one of the bugs they are working on.

You all wanted to see the game RIGHT NOW, there you go. :)

Thanks MM <3

(walk is still too fast for me, makes me dizzy) :(

-- Aw, we don't have to micromanage clothes anymore?

Really liked this video. I'm excited about the encumbrance system and the reworked temperature.

Also been wondering, are you guys adding an actual option to change the temperature to Celsius instead of only being able to do that with console? Maybe even make it region based.

Check out our new strength perks!

Thank you MM!!!! 1st I want to say I love how the new perk/skill system is turning out. Great job!!! I also like how you guys took an encumbrance approach vs locked inventory slots. With that said I have a question.

Is the encumbrance tied specifically to those labeled slots? If so, could someone unintentionally put items in them instead of other open slots? Hopefully players are blocked from using the encumber slots until all others are full. Otherwise, I can see managing the slots becoming annoying.

Alternatively, you can move away from specific slots and go with a traditional encumbrance number system like in other games.

Just my 2 cents. Thanks again!!! Cant wait to play A17!!!!

Thank you MM!!!! 1st I want to say I love how the new perk/skill system is turning out. Great job!!! I also like how you guys took an encumbrance approach vs locked inventory slots. With that said I have a question.

Is the encumbrance tied specifically to those labeled slots? If so, could someone unintentionally put items in them instead of other open slots? Hopefully players are blocked from using the encumber slots until all others are full. Otherwise, I can see managing the slots becoming annoying.

Alternatively, you can move away from specific slots and go with a traditional encumbrance number system like in other games.

Just my 2 cents. Thanks again!!! Cant wait to play A17!!!!

It is tied to those slots. The pack fills from top to bottom AFAIK so it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the video MM!

I am really liking the new perk, attribute and encumbrance systems and can already see the changes that will have to be made from my advancement method in A16. And I love that!

Also will give a special shout out to the double yield harvest chance! That is awesome.

It is tied to those slots. The pack fills from top to bottom AFAIK so it shouldn't be a problem.

As a side note, this is the first time I've seen you guys use colored status icons (ie green flurry icon). With that said, it would be helpful as a player if negative statuses were a different color (ie. Red). For example, the encumbrance icon was white and players may miss it.

Aloha!

@Devs:

Can we please get an estimate what a generated map of different sizes will be in disk size? Like, how much space will a 8k*8k or 12k*12k map use in MB or GB :) Pretty important for those of us with root servers and hosting several instances of the game ... :)

Archived