Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

LOL!!!

Immersion doesnt exist. Its a video game where u sit on your fat arse in a chair pounding on a keyboard and mouse to slay zombies and build skyscrapers.

That being said, its a DAMM good video game, there is just 0 immersion, like any other game.

Just because you are incapable of immersion in a video game don't assume the rest of us are so limited.

- - - Updated - - -

Ooh boy you must be a fun person to be around lol, triggered much?

I'm shocked Roland hasn't moved that post to it's own locked thread. Both for the troll value of moving it and lock it down for posterity so the stupidity of the comment can be seen by all future forum members.

I am not sure if you made this word up or not, but I think it is a fantastic description of the sound when they blow up!

+1

I wish I could take credit for it. Alas, I cannot. I am unsure where I originally heard it, but it's been a part of my lexicon for the better part of two decades. :) It's a fun little onomatopoeia, is it not? Thanks for the +1 ;-D

Do zombie corpses really just blink out in a17? Can’t there be a sinking into the ground effect instead?

Ground is a hazy concept. A lot of zombies die on top of blocks. If they sunk down you would often see it poke through the bottom or from the sides. Need a better solution.

I am hoping now that they have the new pathing put in they would make doors no more attractive to zombies than any other block. That way we could have nice entrances and people wouldn't put half a dozen doors away from base to attract them....not that I would try something like that.

Doors don't attract zombies just because they exist. The door is only more attractive than the wall next to it and only to a certain degree. If air is next to it, they will chose the air.

Ground is a hazy concept. A lot of zombies die on top of blocks. If they sunk down you would often see it poke through the bottom or from the sides. Need a better solution.

Maybe do what it does now where it bursts into the dead block, then sink down into the ground, then disappear (that way you just don't see it disappear even though it's doing the same thing). Though in houses, etc. it'd be somewhat a different matter. Dunno, I know it'll be dealt with later, so for now, it's whatever. I'd rather all these systems be worked on than something like that. It sounds simple, but yeah, due to how it all works, it's probably much harder than that.

That being said, its a DAMM good video game, there is just 0 immersion, like any other game.

Just because you are incapable of immersion in a video game don't assume the rest of us are so limited.

Snow - I'm with Gno. (Since it seems you assumed all of us have 0 immersion in any game...)

Heck, when I used to play other games ('Cough'), even like Civilization 6 (what?!), I could 'immerse' myself in the game. I'm not talking about being deep into playing it, I mean visualizing what it might be like from the perspective of some of the 'pieces'. I would suspect quite a few other gamers may do the same.

Now, having said that, while I can enjoy Minecraft (because at least I can use Railcraft and build TRAIN systems!) 7D2D is MUCH more immersive for me (okay as much as it can be without trains). And, it doesn't have to be 100% real, I am completely on board with abstracting things to make it more fun. Like carrying a lot, so I don't have to run back and forth, because the game is not in real time...

No plans that I know of.

You mean to tell me that there are no plans to go prone? That crawlers are going to have all the fun?

Think about all the experiences players can have like fitting through a small hole or going underneath of a house to look for stuff or get away from something.

Or going over or under a partly blocked door.

I agree. I wonder how hard it would be instead to connect it to the "exploding" effect that happens when two corpses that are too close together collide. There could be a short 'bursting' animation coupled with that same 'splorching' sound that happens, so it seems like after a short time period the corpse bloats and explodes?

Funny. My wife is the only other person I've ever heard use 'splorch' before. Usually in reference to blowing up demons while in berzerk mode in Doom.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean to tell me that there are no plans to go prone? That crawlers are going to have all the fun?

Think about all the experiences players can have like fitting through a small hole or going underneath of a house to look for stuff or get away from something.

#SingleBlockGate 2018. GET YOUR TICKETS HERE!

Or lying with/next to gore blocks! Oh, crap...

Or so I can finally swim with the current and look like it! Dang it...

Or hide from bears! (Since 'smell' is broken!) Well, at least until it's fixed...

I know I can crouch through 1x1 in some mods, so there's that, lol

Its a bit of advantage for zeds to go through 1x1 block, but why not. We have to have a reason to scream or jump scared (as hell) few times per hour. Again, why not ;)

[sug] Rag doll then blood mist effect after the time after death counter runs out to blood decal placed on the ground that fades after 'X' amount of time.

just use the blood decal you have for the roads already as a place holder if you all feel the need to change it later.

I'm shocked Roland hasn't moved that post to it's own locked thread. Both for the troll value of moving it and lock it down for posterity so the stupidity of the comment can be seen by all future forum members.

Lol how dare a forum mod move a post 😂

No plans that I know of.

Never really understood the "need" for prone in that whole scenario. I'm 178cm and can very comfortably crouch walk through a 1 meter square space... At 50, I'm certainly not a contortionist. It's the one development decision in 7 Days that I've strongly disagreed and been disappointed with..

Hah. I used to play on BB but I just don't have the time nowadays.

Tarew MArr here for around 14 years and a GM for 7 years on the server. But that was then sad to see a game really die IMO EQ has died.

Looks like a small fire with some unburnt ash and coals still smoldering.

I love the fact that zombies want leave corpses now and there will be a bag with loot if it drops anything. Stops me from having to play clean up. What I would do tho if it's possible over time is expand on the decal system. Explained and a wish if possible to ever work in to the game.

When a gun shot or weapon blow does dmg to any player, mob, or zombie a blood decal is left like a blood pattern. This blood pattern has a scent that can attract zombies if not taken care of over time. Block walls need to be cleaned and ground blocks need to be covered up with a chemical to hide the scent other wise zombies after a said time get attracted to the blood scent.

I love the decal over a full body which has more polygons to have to deal with but a decal can be 2 to 4 polys.

When I run threw 7Days the decals on the roads and ground are awesome and I think there needs to be more of that from fight scenes left behind.

Archived