Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I was gifted the game in June/July of 14 but not sure since Steam only shows you who/when you gifted not when you received. Since I started gifting it myself first week of August, June or July is probably right....A6 was the version. I have just over 4000 hours, all but maybe 10 hours in vanilla, all in multiplayer. I play coop with one guy alternating from our rented server and other servers & restart every 3-4 weeks since once you hit level 60 it becomes stale. I play dead is dead and gave up vehicles to slow progression down by walking everywhere I want to go. So for A17 I’m hoping to see changes that make me not want to restart. Also am looking forward to improved melee as spiked club is my fav.

Looks like you will be walking faster in a17e, but I agree nothing beats those first few days of trying to survive

Once I hit the ‘nothing can touch me now’ level it is off to building and more building. Mass producing concrete, land claims etc. Gardens and paths, terraforming desert and wasteland into green pastures and tunnels, love tunnels. Could really do with a railway handcar

Is Dead is Dead going to be a game setting option in a17?

Hi faatal! I have a question, how it works the boss system? And do they have a unique art design or are stronger versions of another mobs?

Bosses are not a focus for A17. There is some art for a few, but just normal AI. Not something I have or am working on for A17.

1. Will we build the 4x4 like the mini bike or are we going to find it somewhere on the map?

2. What do we need to build it?

3. Will any of the new vehicles have cargo carrying capability?

4. Will be need to build those to or find them?

They are all built from parts at a forge and have cargo.

This was asked a while ago so things may have changed but check the dev dev diary, fataal has posted some stuff in there about it such as this...

"Bicycle, minibike, motorcycle and 4x4 truck all have recipes to make them and function well. They need some damaging adjustments and storage is not done yet. Should all be in A17. "

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?87756-The-Official-A17-Developer-s-Diary-for-Developers/page40

Prime is working on the storage bits. I think it is functional now, with different storage sizes, but have not tried it.

That are all built the same from parts at a forge and have cargo.

Can you ask Madmole and friends that, if we're actually manufacturing all parts for vehicles, can we get some cool new garage deco blocks to build? Maybe make parts placeable blocks too?

If I'm crafting a hog bike and a 4x4, man... I want a bad ass garage too.

:D

Curse you MM!

Now I want to see what the rest of them do ;)

I've been doing most of the designing behind the perks and doing the xml while Gazz and Roberto are working on the more complex buffs and code behind all this stuff. We're smashing it and its going to be a lot of fun making character builds. I can probably do a video pretty soon showing a few of the finished perk trees off and demonstrate the effects. The xml is very powerful making it easy to do about whatever I can imagine, so modders will go nuts with this stuff.

Hey guys im buy a gaming pc for very soon for 7 days to die. I have it on ps4 but we know its situation. These are the specs for the desktop.*Nvidia 8-Core Gaming Computer Desktop PC Tower 4.2GHz Turbo 16GB RAM GTX 1060*...thoughts on it..ill be a first time pc gamer sooooo help a noob pls

More than good enough. Make sure it has a Solid State drive or equivalent. Really strive for 1tb, but make sure it's got at least a 500gb Solid State drive.

If you've got a few extra bucks, throw another 16gb memory at it.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been doing most of the designing behind the perks and doing the xml while Gazz and Roberto are working on the more complex buffs and code behind all this stuff. We're smashing it and its going to be a lot of fun making character builds. I can probably do a video pretty soon showing a few of the finished perk trees off and demonstrate the effects. The xml is very powerful making it easy to do about whatever I can imagine, so modders will go nuts with this stuff.

250 skills. Jeez. The planning must have been some long hours. Nice work guys.

Gazz... Pffft. Homicidal manic. *I didn't miss your response...*

:p

Cool, looking forward to playing it.

Awesome :) I certainly won't say no to a video on the perks if you can find the time :)

B stil mai haert

6zark9e.gif

And yes, a fair dinkum of time was spent on the design.

The A16 skills are quite bland in comparison. In A17 you don't just improve a number within a perk (most perks at least?) but can actually gain one or more different abilities.

That's all very encouraging, and it goes without saying everyone would love a video. One thing I'll be curious to see is how granular the perks feel in practice. That is, if each level is enough to make an appreciable difference. In other news, it's a shame every single image you post has to be hidden behind that 'may contain sensitive material' warning.

Archived