Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

People will never understand that there are times to listen and times to get ♥♥♥♥ done. =P

The further a project gets into development the less listening is useful to the project.

It is if you use "irrefutable". Or if you say it three times. Or if you use all caps.

Oh I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU! lol...

Crap... It is hard 3 times fast. I'll get it. :D

And ... Ouch man. I mean... I get as a project nears an end, talking is less helpful. Listening, that's always good though. <3

The fact the pimps are making more money then ever and the vast majority of players have little to no problem with them means everything you said about them failing is wrong.

Sorry Sweetie but you and your buddies crying and throwing a tantrum isn't going to change a thing, it just makes you look like pathetic children.

Once again steam does not control the internet, rule number 5 is COMPLETELY uninforceable without pulling a game, which would just make steam look bad to fans and other EA devs. At BEST they can ask TFP stop, which they have not and I highly doubt your crying will change their mind.

Aw come on Sugar Bottoms. You can't possibly think that the whole of the 7D2D community is sitting on this thread can you? Though, in this conversation you're the only one of see throwing a tantrum. My little Buttercup.

And Steam doesn't have to control the internet, Shnookums. Honey Bun, they just gotta feel annoyed with a developer and shut them down. And Dumplin, that's what users to best. Why Cutie Pants! That's just ALL they do.

Kisses. XOXO

Roland or any admin: Is there any word on player vending machines? Ill elaborate.. So at least in vanilla in a15/16 if a player was offline more than the basic 7 days not only would their LCB expire but their vending machine would bug out any other player including admins if they got too close to said vending machine and would force the player to the command console. Has this been fixed so that the player(s) do not get stuck and it just makes the machine inoperable?

Good news everyone! I made a thread so you guys can role play being actual game developers and/or business people so people looking for dev info on A17 instead of reading you clucking your tongues and shaking your heads because you clearly know so much better than a company that has made millions from building the game of their dreams. Enjoy!

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?87750-How-I-Would-Run-TFP

Good news everyone! I made a thread so you guys can role play being actual game developers and/or business people so people looking for dev info on A17 instead of reading you clucking your tongues and shaking your heads because you clearly know so much better than a company that has made millions from building the game of their dreams. Enjoy!

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?87750-How-I-Would-Run-TFP

Couldn't have said it better. I read this thread to find out stuff like oh I don't know maybe HOW DEVELOPMENT IS GOING.

Aw come on Sugar Bottoms. You can't possibly think that the whole of the 7D2D community is sitting on this thread can you? Though, in this conversation you're the only one of see throwing a tantrum. My little Buttercup.

And Steam doesn't have to control the internet, Shnookums. Honey Bun, they just gotta feel annoyed with a developer and shut them down. And Dumplin, that's what users to best. Why Cutie Pants! That's just ALL they do.

Kisses. XOXO

Dayyyyum whats with all the sweet nicknames, whatcha got for me ? Im getting jealous

You already got your "food" order. Then they made a better dish and gave that to you for free. Then another and another aaaannnddd another....... This has been done 16 times. So you got 16 "food orders" for the price of one. Shut up about how long the next free order is taking.

^^THIS ^^

Don't think I've ever heard it said better....

I have a humble request @Roland/forum staff:

PLEASE make the next dev diary an actual dev diary thread – you know, a place where the devs post about progress like fataal does and keep all the (more or less) senseless arguments somewhere separate. Maybe even lock it completely and keep the "discussions" in other threads.

I know there's the first 2 posts summarizing all new info, but it would be nice to be able to see the progress updates in visual, chronological order. Have (more) devs post directly, crosspost all the Twitter and YT posts, throw in a few screenies every now and then - AND THAT'S ALL WE NEED in one place and easily accessible.

Then those of us who'd like to just see what's new and coming with THE GAME and not with the "community" don't have to skim through dozens of pages of "Dis early access, deal with it"-"But muh expectations"-"De definitions say dis"-"Dey need to commoonicate better"-circlejerk. Less talk, more show.

As a somewhat long time reader of this forum, I'm friggin tired of it.

Hey if you want to be a butt kisser and support a business not giving a crap for its customers' crap, have at it.

Fixed that for you. TFP is giving a crap for its customers as they work hard on their stuff and as faatal and Gazz continue to interact every time they crap.

Aw come on Sugar Bottoms. You can't possibly think that the whole of the 7D2D community is sitting on this thread can you? Though, in this conversation you're the only one of see throwing a tantrum.

Your stuff looks like a tantrum to me. *shrug*

Engine updates happen, but to immediately try to implement loads of new features that the engine allows means the update is going to be too big, and take too long to avoid pissing people off. Then to trick people who bother to take time to search the forums for more information on top of that into thinking that the update will be done sooner? Just throw some salt on the wound. Sounds great.

Not to mention the users who demand we sit down and shut up and take what we're given. This isn't a court of law. No one here gives a flying F about what is LEGALLY OWED.

Consideration for users goes a long way. No one is asking for a handjob here. All we want is some status updates, but instead we get trolled by the actual moderators. COOL. THANKS. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

If you are talking about the latest engine update then it's been stated NUMEROUS times that the delay from that was negligible to zero. They did switch engines back at beginning of A17 dev I believe(I could be wrong about this but I think it happened). IF that is what you are talking about then read on.

So you would waste time fixing old systems you know are coming out to work with the new engine? That wouldn't be a waste of time and money AT ALL. Lol

^^THIS ^^

Don't think I've ever heard it said better....

this is a stupid comparison. People basically invested their money into an unfinished game hoping that one day it will be a great finished product. People would not have paid for the game if it was left at Alpha 1. they paid for it knowing it would continue to

be updated until the game is finished. it would be to better compare it to people are currently eating appetizers waiting for the main "dish."

Why are you so keen in not acknowledging your own contribution to 7D2D? Or any early access game?

I think it's a matter of perspective. I don't feel I "contributed" to 7D2D, instead I feel I bought a product. Which I have thoroughly enjoyed and will continue to do so with each "free" update.

this is a stupid comparison. People basically invested their money into an unfinished game hoping that one day it will be a great finished product. People would not have paid for the game if it was left at Alpha 1. they paid for it knowing it would continue to

be updated until the game is finished. it would be to better compare it to people are currently eating appetizers waiting for the main "dish."

My "stupid" comparison used words directly from the post I was responding too. He compared the delay for A7 to ordering food and it taking too long. Maybe read the context before you decide how stupid something is.

PLEASE make the next dev diary an actual dev diary thread – you know, a place where the devs post about progress like fataal does and keep all the (more or less) senseless arguments somewhere separate. Maybe even lock it completely and keep the "discussions" in other threads.

I know there's the first 2 posts summarizing all new info, but it would be nice to be able to see the progress updates in visual, chronological order. Have (more) devs post directly, crosspost all the Twitter and YT posts, throw in a few screenies every now and then - AND THAT'S ALL WE NEED in one place and easily accessible.

Then those of us who'd like to just see what's new and coming with THE GAME and not with the "community" don't have to skim through dozens of pages of "Dis early access, deal with it"-"But muh expectations"-"De definitions say dis"-"Dey need to commoonicate better"-circlejerk. Less talk, more show.

I'LL 2nd that

I 3rd this. Why can't this just be a thing already?

i have a humble request @roland/forum staff:

please make the next dev diary an actual dev diary thread – you know, a place where the devs post about progress like fataal does and keep all the (more or less) senseless arguments somewhere separate. Maybe even lock it completely and keep the "discussions" in other threads.

I know there's the first 2 posts summarizing all new info, but it would be nice to be able to see the progress updates in visual, chronological order. Have (more) devs post directly, crosspost all the twitter and yt posts, throw in a few screenies every now and then - and that's all we need in one place and easily accessible.

Then those of us who'd like to just see what's new and coming with the game and not with the "community" don't have to skim through dozens of pages of "dis early access, deal with it"-"but muh expectations"-"de definitions say dis"-"dey need to commoonicate better"-circlejerk. Less talk, more show.

As a somewhat long time reader of this forum, i'm friggin tired of it.

agreed

I forth this!! I'm sure more people would like updates then the latter. Would love to see more interaction and love especially with such a long wait. The pasterns of them popping in and out over the last few alphas have been very inconsistent. I love the game just wish the devs kept us updated better!

Archived