Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I understand that this update is much bigger and different compared to the other ones.

But maybe they have split them in more parts if possible, maybe there is not enough manpower to build such a big update within a reasonable time?

Iam trying to understand why TFP did such steps .. but i cant find a reason to change such update cycle ....

Quoting myself from another post (yeah sure, the Ford -> Tesla comparison is exxaggerated):

They reworked the buff system. And from some sample XML posted recently you can see that it isn't just some upgrade, it is a "new generation" of buff system. As if you were substituting your Ford model T with a Tesla . That is impossible to do in small steps. And since it is low-level, you can't do it in a version you release in the meantime. So they would have had to make a parallel development of a release version and this "revolution" version. And all the stuff in the release version that uses buffs in any way would have to be scrapped eventually.

Rule #2 for developers using Early Access.

2. Do not make specific promises about future events. For example, there is no way you can know exactly when the game will be finished, that the game will be finished, or that planned future additions will definitely happen. Do not ask your customers to bet on the future of your game. Customers should be buying your game based on its current state, not on promises of a future that may or may not be realized.

https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/store/earlyaccess

So this is my first post. been playing since early 2016(not sure what version it was then)

My thoughts on everyone complaining about the delays of this alpha is just the frustration that we want to play 7 Days but feel that we are so close that we don't want to make any progress just to have A17 released and lose our progress. Like everyone else I thought we had a fairly close date and was waiting patiently for the announcement, but now I think of the month I could have had with A16 would have been worth it. Then with every week that goes by I think well I could jump on a server and have some fun but.... what if next week it releases! no I'll wait, but then it doesn't come.

Just my 2 cents

Thanks for reading

Just thought I should pop in to interject some positivity here. I've been anxiously awaiting the launch of A17, checking these forums nearly daily since July for any & all related news. I absolutely love the concept of 7DTD, have spent many hours enjoying the hell out of it & can't wait to see what comes next for this great title. With how many other amazing games are out there in the market right now, I really don't understand how self-righteous some of these forum users are being about an in-development game taking time to...be....developed........ Keep up the amazing work TFP & thank you for the fun as hell game!

HAVEN'T PLAYED IN A YEAR... REALLY SAD WHERE THIS DEV TEAM HAS GONE.

I think that the unfun pimps like working on the game more than playing it the video Joel put out a while ago sucks, so many bugs they knew they couldn'y make the self inposed deadline and still strung us along terrible relationship with your fan base

Ok folks. I not played in a year bullsgut or i dont play anymore.... You are here as you care! Do not try to state otherwise.

I started on ps4 and as of right now 7d2d on ps4 is Very playable and a Great game as it is. On pc now and its yes very diffrent. Both are great if you all want to give a company this hard of a time. Reflwct on youre life and how ♥♥♥♥y it is that this is where you musylt try and be the top dog. Put on youre adult. Pants and grow the f up. Its not done yet deal with it or move on end of story.

This literally has to change, every other successful game updates once a week not once a year. I don't wanna hear about its a small team or they had to redo the whole game blah blah blah, dead frontier has literally 1 developer and they update literally everyday, the forest has a team of 4 and they can make a whole game and update it 3 times in the span of 1 alpha in 7 days. SO many great zombie games coming out, it legit worries me for this game. Tired of this Macho attitude here, ITS DONE WHEN ITS DONE... GIVE ME A BREAK. Let me say that to a customer waiting on a food order and watch me lose my job. Better yet let me write down 3 emojis to have them figure out when their food will be done... They said this would be a short alpha and that was a lie. Stop trying to save face by being confusing about the progress and open up and be more honest about whats going on to your playerbase. So many other survival games coming out, you would think you guys would be hurrying to not lose your players to other games. Prolly a new beard skin causing all the bugs knowing yall.

You already got your "food" order. Then they made a better dish and gave that to you for free. Then another and another aaaannnddd another....... This has been done 16 times. So you got 16 "food orders" for the price of one. Shut up about how long the next free order is taking.

This literally has to change, every other successful game updates once a week not once a year. I don't wanna hear about its a small team or they had to redo the whole game blah blah blah, dead frontier has literally 1 developer and they update literally everyday, the forest has a team of 4 and they can make a whole game and update it 3 times in the span of 1 alpha in 7 days. SO many great zombie games coming out, it legit worries me for this game. Tired of this Macho attitude here, ITS DONE WHEN ITS DONE... GIVE ME A BREAK. Let me say that to a customer waiting on a food order and watch me lose my job. Better yet let me write down 3 emojis to have them figure out when their food will be done... They said this would be a short alpha and that was a lie. Stop trying to save face by being confusing about the progress and open up and be more honest about whats going on to your playerbase. So many other survival games coming out, you would think you guys would be hurrying to not lose your players to other games. Prolly a new beard skin causing all the bugs knowing yall.

I agree with you 100%. My belief is they created a game in their vision in the beginning. However as the development progressed their vision became bigger than what they intended and as a result they've had to hire more people to handle their vision as they weren't able to work on the game fast enough. I see people like madmole as a perfectionist and that's why things are taking so long. Take the dungeon buildings and houses for instance, I guarantee that wasn't an original idea at the beginning but will make the game way better. I am tired of constantly restarting worlds every update and if they decided to complete A17 so if the next update is beta then I am fine with it. In the end no matter how long it takes I will continue my current 5k hours and play the crap out of this game and eventually mod it like crazy like I still do Bethesda games. 7dtd will be like one of those games that you always play. But seriously fun pimps, hurry up before fallout 76 drops in November, I can't be torn between both games.

I have read the last 20 pages and finally caught up. There is something that has been said in different ways by different people, but I would like to say them in one place. I am sure that I will miss some things, but hope the point is made.

*All of this is in the context of this games development.*

You bought into an Early Access game and have received the product promised.

- You are owed NOTHING else from them ever! Even if they went belly up tomorrow you are owed NOTHING.

What you want DOES NOT MATTER

What you believe DOES NOT MATTER

What you 'need' DOES NOT MATTER

What you demand DOES NOT MATTER

You are not entitled to ANYTHING

You do not deserve ANYTHING

I am sure there are a lot more, but I hoping that people can apply this for themselves.

Lastly NO ONE is responsible for your emotional state except YOU.

I am going to try to enjoy this game by forcing myself to use some house rules, hopefully they will add an option to the settings so that I don't have to deal with the temptation to 'cheat'. Basically, I want a zombie survival game, and its unfortunate that they've added so many absurd 'super radiated' zombies and Minecrafting which ruins the game.

Rules are:

Dead is dead, game over

No crafting of metal tools, weapons, armor, or ammunition

No crafting of blocks, doors, frames, hatches, walls, stairs, windows

No using forges or workbenches or science labs

No farming or agriculture

No loot respawn

These rules will fix the going underground issue since the underground will be a death trap without the ability to dig faster than an industrial drill or trick the zombies with a simple hatch.

I have read the last 20 pages and finally caught up. There is something that has been said in different ways by different people, but I would like to say them in one place. I am sure that I will miss some things, but hope the point is made.

- You are owed NOTHING else from them ever! Even if they went belly up tomorrow you are owed NOTHING.

I am sure there are a lot more, but I hoping that people can apply this for themselves.

I disagree. When i bought alpha it promised access to the finished product with NPC's professional voice over for them and more.

Can we atleast ask for one more high res texture? I think we deserve it if we ask politely.

they need to make an list in red what the bugs are and what they have done make it green so whe know how far they are and as they all are green then a17 is being released thats now they must do it and is for everybody clear so they dont have to ask when it will be released instead of the poll on top of this topic make the list aviable whats not done red and whats done green thats how you communicate with us

my soul aches at that type of logic. Its heart breaking seeing how overly sensitive people who take no responsibility for themselves have spread so far & wide. What happened??

The man stated that it has no bearing on the progression of the next alpha, that is it. Anything more than that is 1000000% your ( or whoever is over analyzing it) fault. No one else, thats it. Not rolands, not the toothfairy, not Barney or Dora the explorer or even santa. Figured using children show characters to cater to childish logic.

No one is responsible for someone over analyzing than the person who is doing it. If roland stated the emojis have no meaning, then its just that. Meaningless entertaining emojis.

Even though you are correct, imagine if every company with a customer base intentionally tried to confuse and piss off their customers. Yea, bla bla, "it's your choice to not buy their product". Don't care. Don't piss people off. It's a ♥♥♥♥ move to piss people off. Plain and simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Great way to sell a product if you ask me. Your logic is sound.

they need to make an list in red what the bugs are and what they have done make it green so whe know how far they are and as they all are green then a17 is being released thats now they must do it and is for everybody clear so they dont have to ask when it will be released instead of the poll on top of this topic make the list aviable whats not done red and whats done green thats how you communicate with us

While I love lists and color coding in this way, we are not in a place to tell them what they need to do.

They have management and that management leads in a certain way.

Also it has been proven time and time again that no matter what they do, with the best intentions (I believe), the response from this forum is negative and obsessively nit picky. I personally think there is nothing gained by them trying to placate to the masses when the masses are behaving like this forum.

Whether you like it or not, this is 100 percent fact.

One trend I have noticed lately in a LOT of EA titles is that gamers think if they shout long enough devs are supposed to listen. You were given access to watch the game develop. Maybe someone has a good idea at times, and MAYBE it gets incorporated but we are NOT developers, we have zero say in where this game ultimately ends up or the direction it takes. That's up to the people who matter, and that is the people developing THEIR vision.

Its a harsh truth but it is is what it is. There are plenty of games that release with ZERO input from the public every week. The fact we even get a dev responding and explaining ideas and plans, let alone agreeing with some should be a testament to how accessible Pimps are, yet most of the times it's more of the same from most of the same players on the same game board.

Make your own game. It's one thing to voice opinions, it's another to demand anything. I've enjoyed being part of every Early Access title i have owned, but honestly i can't wait for the day this trend ends and all you are given is a list of what's done and what's to come with ZERO interaction with any dev, because with the overall attitude of gamers now a days I don't see this open relationship going much further before devs retreat back to the days of achieving their vision and then releasing the final product as is. And that will be a sad day because then we will all know how good we had it at one point.

What about dog food? Can we have dog food to make pets? What about an ice cream machine? I'd really like ice cream in a post-apocalyptic world. Can we ask for that..

Also, what's an emotional state? You seem to be angry.. Have you thought of therapy?

Lol. How are the natives? Screaming if they see you?

Most just stumble around. Some are sleeping on the road unless I get close enough. I pulled a mini bike seat out of a bikers ass the other day. That's about the norm in my neighborhood. Oh, they really like to get into a conga line even when there is no music playing... a bit strange, but I can't sell my house... property values have tanked in my county for some reason. So I guess I'll stay.

I am going to try to enjoy this game by forcing myself to use some house rules, hopefully they will add an option to the settings so that I don't have to deal with the temptation to 'cheat'. Basically, I want a zombie survival game, and its unfortunate that they've added so many absurd 'super radiated' zombies and Minecrafting which ruins the game.

Rules are:

Dead is dead, game over

No crafting of metal tools, weapons, armor, or ammunition

No crafting of blocks, doors, frames, hatches, walls, stairs, windows

No using forges or workbenches or science labs

No farming or agriculture

No loot respawn

These rules will fix the going underground issue since the underground will be a death trap without the ability to dig faster than an industrial drill or trick the zombies with a simple hatch.

I am honestly wondering why you play 7 Days in the first Place... It's the Mixture of Aspects you want to rob 7 Days to die of, that makes the Game the Experience it is. Sorry, I just don't understand it.

Archived