Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

3) I’m a math guy....at a high school. I’m not an art guy. Art is okay but I often get bored before I finish whatever art I’m working on which is rare in and of itself. I do appreciate art though.

I fixed it. That's what I get for posting before coffee.

While we're on the subject, though, are we sure Roland and Joel aren't the same person? I've never seen them both in the same place at the same time. Hmmmm....

Can it run off Windows 11? A17 requires Windows 11, no?

I thought Microsoft said that Windows 10 was going to be the last iteration, and they plan just to update it over the next 5-10 years (probably with at least 15+ months between updates). That's what I heard.

And people will complain that TFP are only plagiarising modders. =P

Modders do know better, of course, but they are busy plotting and planning with what they already saw.

lol, as soon as I read what Roland said there that was first thing that popped in my head. Was thinking we could lose a lot of cool things because TFP wouldn't want people to think they were just copying something a modder had done

I thought Microsoft said that Windows 10 was going to be the last iteration, and they plan just to update it over the next 5-10 years (probably with at least 15+ months between updates). That's what I heard.

Now you have "builds" of win 10 with only certain ones getting long term support, haven't got a recent enough build? Tough luck. Windows 10 is still supported... just not your "build". Newspeak at its finest.

Now you have "builds" of win 10 with only certain ones getting long term support, haven't got a recent enough build? Tough luck. Windows 10 is still supported... just not your "build". Newspeak at its finest.

Give them a little more time and none of it will be supported without a monthly subscription. That's what they want to go to.

As far as the sentiment to release the frekin thing: It's a little late for that sentiment seeing as though the only thing left is bug fixing. That said, this update was probably slightly too large, as with most updates. My suggestion to TFP is to set smaller milestones in the future, and spend less time at the strip club. Smaller updates, but more often, and less titties until the release party.

Seriously though. I stopped playing because I didn't want to burn up all my interest on alpha 16 when I thought 17 was coming soon. That was in Febuary. I can't bring myself to play because I know everything has to be wiped for 17, but I might have had a few good games in the meantime if I didn't think 17 was right around the corner every month.

At the very least, if each update really needs to be long and thick, at least avoid game wipes. Just knowing that a game wipe is coming completely destroys any interest in playing the current versions. I know it sounds pathetic, but I bet a lot of people feel the same, the use of my free time has been completely wasted in constant anticipation of alpha 17.

I'm not trying to complain. I love the game, wasting my freetime is my own choice, but come on. Don't do this again for A18. Please.

Im currently running the HDHQ update to 4k gfx in game, I can get a steady 60fps on a blood moon but it runs of a server in germany.... My pc is a Ryzen with 32GB of ram 8GB Vram & the game still blunders about but its alpha, I just want the Update... so I can stick WOTW onto it once its updated lol

And people will complain that TFP are only plagiarising modders. =P

Modders do know better, of course, but they are busy plotting and planning with what they already saw.

Anyone saying that needs to be tossed from this forum. Period. I'd be HONORED if even the smallest idea or tweak i did or an asset i purchased was deemed good enough to fit into the main vision of the game. And I think most modders here would agree.

To go alongside Rolands post, The relationship between Pimps and the modders is a beautiful one. They allow us so many tools. When you see a mod like Walkers or Medieval Mod it's not us trying to say we do it better, it's only us using those tools to paint OUR picture on their canvas. Without their canvas, we are just a paint by number doodle.

Im currently running the HDHQ update to 4k gfx in game, I can get a steady 60fps on a blood moon but it runs of a server in germany.... My pc is a Ryzen with 32GB of ram 8GB Vram & the game still blunders about but its alpha, I just want the Update... so I can stick WOTW onto it once its updated lol

Your gonna need ray tracing better get a 2080ti

Anyone saying that needs to be tossed from this forum. Period. I'd be HONORED if even the smallest idea or tweak i did or an asset i purchased was deemed good enough to fit into the main vision of the game. And I think most modders here would agree.

To go alongside Rolands post, The relationship between Pimps and the modders is a beautiful one. They allow us so many tools. When you see a mod like Walkers or Medieval Mod it's not us trying to say we do it better, it's only us using those tools to paint OUR picture on their canvas. Without their canvas, we are just a paint by number doodle.

I would love the addition of your "Whisperers" They really add a lot of fun and tension.

Give them a little more time and none of it will be supported without a monthly subscription. That's what they want to go to.

And the only thing between them and their goal is MacOS and Linux. So be happy about every game that is developed cross platform even if you are a windows user. Because only the competition keeps Microsoft from putting real pressure on you.

Archived