Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

loooooooooool I was happy when I saw there was only one bug left now its two again :upset:

As a wise man once said:

"Bugs are many, varied, ever-changing, and eternal. Fighting them is like like fighting a many-headed monster, which, each time a bug is eliminated, sprouts a bug even fiercer and more complicated than before. You are fighting that which is unfixed, mutating, indestructible."

:rip:

ok so ive been outta the loop for awhile now, but what does it mean in regards to carry capacity? is there a weight system now? can you only carry a certain weight equal to ur strength? what does this mean?

It looks like each point put into strength unlocks 2 more inventory slots

1380883511_760338662.gif

JOEL, Can we ever get a flickering light in the game???

It's so atmospheric, especially in old buildings.

It's also logical when:

- the fuel in the generator ends

- the generator operates at the power limit

- the powerbank is discharged

- powerbank has poor quality

- the light is old and ♥♥♥♥ed up

Can someone please explain to me how this works?

So, you can put 1 to 10 points in strength, which increases the carrycapacity

But you can also put 1 to 10 points in demolition and construction. But why are they subclasses of strength. Can you have more points in a subclass than a class? For example 5 in construction but only 3 in strength

What about the perks? Do you need to buy the class and then the subclass, to unlock the perks?

- - - Updated - - -

It's also logical when:

-the light is old and ♥♥♥♥ed up

so , my question got ignored again. thanks anyways :(

- - - Updated - - -

1380883511_760338662.gif

Can we ever get a flickering light in the game???

It's so atmospheric, especially in old buildings.

It's also logical when:

- the light is old and ♥♥♥♥ed up

i think there was flickering light in one of MM videos

so , my question got ignored again. thanks anyways :(

- - - Updated - - -

i think there was flickering light in one of MM videos

Many my question got ignored, it's normal )

Developers and moderators answer only for convenient questions )

May be it was bug of new lighting =)

Many my question got ignored, it's normal )

Developers and moderators answer only for convenient questions )

May be it was bug of new lighting =)

my question was so simple . the optimizing of the game to make it faster was to add more graphics or to make us get much more FPS ? (yes or no)

the graphics part is non of my or much others concern as i used to play at low texture , maybe more draw distance and dealing with bleeding light was easy but ugly , thats all

my question was so simple . the optimizing of the game to make it faster was to add more graphics or to make us get much more FPS ? (yes or no)

the graphics part is non of my or much others concern as i used to play at low texture , maybe more draw distance and dealing with bleeding light was easy but ugly , thats all

Okay, at the risk of slipping into supposition and assumptions... it's both.

If you're playing on low graphics quality you'll likely see less of an fps drop when the zombies are recalculating their pathing due to the improvements fataal made to the algorithm. To be a little more accurate, it'll provide a more consistent frame-rate instead of sudden dips with a large group of zombies from what I understand.

The graphics upgrade should also help if you're playing on low textures as the entire back-end has had improvement, not just the textures.

I'd be able to tell you more accurately after testing it on a potato but at that point I think you'll already have your answers.

@Roland, faatal or Gazz.

I was wondering if auto walk/run has been added in to A17, or if there are plans to introduce it in the future. It would be a very welcome QOL feature.

I seem to recall a feature that has been on console for a while now that has been added and that was when you start running you keep running until you let go of the forward movement button/analog stick. Therefore you only need to tap shift or hold it for a couple of seconds to initialize. It was in a video one of them on the front page, think it was where mm was showing off the new mo caps.

Can you confirm Roland?

I seem to recall a feature that has been on console for a while now that has been added and that was when you start running you keep running until you let go of the forward movement button/analog stick. Therefore you only need to tap shift or hold it for a couple of seconds to initialize. It was in a video one of them on the front page, think it was where mm was showing off the new mo caps.

Can you confirm Roland?

From the first page...

Shift simply initiates run instead of having to hold it down. Pinkies rejoice! 3/20/18

Archived