Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

It would be kinda nice to have an auto run, constantly pressing shift w is tiring when you play for about 5 hours at a time, starts to get sore after awhile.

key bind them closer together?

Edit: Not trying to be a jerk or anything but I'm just truly finding it hard to justify the need is all. I can kind of see it with the vehicles for long journeys but the walking/running?

Edit: Not trying to be a jerk or anything but I'm just truly finding it hard to justify the need is all. I can kind of see it with the vehicles for long journeys but the walking/running?

Early game and RNGesus. Distant city or POI way off in the distance and you're running down a long stretch of road or across the desert heading for it.

Finger fatigue and you don't have to stop moving to grab a swig of your RL beer.

Sure but say you died and spawned far away from your mini bike and you have to run back to get your stuff and your across the map. After awhile it gets old and your fingers get sore just from running back because its very uncomforable to hold shift with your pinky.

I really don't see a reason *not* to implement such a simple feature whose pure intent is to reduce the stress put on hand muscles. It's not like it changes the gameplay in any way, despite what some say about cruise control or it removing the incentive of vehicles (it really doesn't; it's not like having autorun makes you get to places faster; just makes it less harsh on your finger), and the fact that many games with big worlds have this feature speaks for itself as far as it being a good QoL improvement.

To be honest, i have a macro for that since a long time.

There is simply no benefit in Forcing the player to press a button for a long time, the oposite is true, it abets some illnesses of the hand/fingers

You're absolutely right; some people may need special features to make it easier for them... Like early in game when trying to open a safe for example.

I really don't see a reason *not* to implement such a simple feature whose pure intent is to reduce the stress put on hand muscles. It's not like it changes the gameplay in any way, despite what some say about cruise control or it removing the incentive of vehicles (it really doesn't; it's not like having autorun makes you get to places faster; just makes it less harsh on your finger), and the fact that many games with big worlds have this feature speaks for itself as far as it being a good QoL improvement.

well if they do 'add' It, I hope they just make a ~blank~ toggle key you can assign it to but not remove the normal run key like it is already.

After playing thousands of hours of Everquest, I am painfully aware of games which do NOT have an autowalk/run feature.

It's a poor UX design to force a player to hold a key down for extended periods - not to mention, it's not good on the keyboard. This is a bit different than what you are thinking, that it's a game macro to move from point A to B. It's really a QoL addition for the person behind the keys...

-A

Edit:

Yep, Drithyl said it already... :D

Heh, only in theory. There was no art made for it specifically. It was my toy for screwing around and I left it in for modders to use as an example. It won't be something that you get in-game. Yet.

Am I seeing possible dual weild with a melee weapon+shield in the future? Shield to block attacks and shield bash, melee weap to kick zombie butt with.

Nah, it would rather be a condition... so like every zombie could gradually become stronger up until day 7, then die the morning after.

All doable with a buff that a zombie spawns with. =)

This is the most amazing idea I have seen on these forums in a long long time!! Gazz, I truly hope you guys make this happen in vanilla. Wow, talk about immersion/storyline. It would really give more of a connection to the whole blood moon/horde night scenario. It just sounds like it should be part of vanilla and not a mod. If you don't put it in, I will need to beg a modder to make a mod that only contains this. It would make every day of the week different with horde night being the climax. Please consider this!

Land claim checks don't use Y positions, so it covers the entire height from bedrock to sky.

Ok, pretty clear Landclaim is being set to block Sleeper respawn.

Will Land Claim affect any other type of spawn/Respawn for A17?

onOtherEnteredRange,

onOtherLeftRange,

EntityDamage,

EntityHeal,

BlockDamage,

Oooh, deadly hordes. Combine those with the mentioned CVARs.

Imagine Nurses that give more entity damage to zombies that get near them while also healing them.

Cops that add more block damage to zombies that get near them.

Radiated zombies giving large healing buffs to nearby zombies

Overall strength (both block and entity damage) increasing as the number of nearby zombies increase.

It could be made so one measly zombie might pound at your wall for a week ineffectively, but get 3 or 4 in the area and their combined boosts to each other for block damage would make them tear through concrete like butter.

A system of endless possibilities is coming. Amazing.

CAn you telll us what is making you reporting the update week after week ... we all paid for a game we want to know , what , when and why

No you didn't. You paid for Early Access to a game that isn't out yet. If you can't understand that difference then stay away from Early Access because it's not for you.

Confirmed A17 release October 2018!

hmmmm is it ?

- - - Updated - - -

are we there yet TFP 16 sept still nothing from the last ronald post did i miss something or we are back in the void again

Video...Video...Video...Video...Video...Video...Video...Video...Video...Video...Video...Video!!!!!

Early game and RNGesus. Distant city or POI way off in the distance and you're running down a long stretch of road or across the desert heading for it.

Finger fatigue and you don't have to stop moving to grab a swig of your RL beer.

buy a razer naga mouse and bind shift w to a side button.

run and steer with one hand while drinking coffee

In A17 if you enable debug mode then the enemy hp bars appear and you’ll easily be able to test and determine.

I almost always play in debug mode just so I can hit F8. or was it F6 twice so I can see my core temp, outside temp, and my welness as well.TBH i'd rather the health bars be a option in the modded options section.

Anything being done to make it easier to know if a zombie is dead? I had some concerns about that. one on one it'll probally be easy to tell but when you have mutiple around... not so much.

Also what do the headshot mults look like now? I know xbow was like x6 iirc, sniper was like x9 or something.

Lastly. Release the kraken to all at the same time!... Please? *hopes*

It would be kinda nice to have an auto run, constantly pressing shift w is tiring when you play for about 5 hours at a time, starts to get sore after awhile.

First thing I did is bind Q key as run.

Tab is inv.

W is forwards.

S is backwards

C is crouch.

V is toggle crouch/stand.

This way everything is done with left hand so I hardly have to move it at all

Archived