Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Gazz beat me to it.

in the case of shoes that make you run faster though you would just use the RunSpeed passive effect on the item and if it's worn, it's active. You can also have shoes that make you jump higher, take less damage, attack faster, you name it.

Melee uses AttacksPerMinute for it's attack speed, ranged uses RoundsPerMinute. Both can be turned up and down.

I hate to be "that guy" but I am impressed simply the ability for running shoes to make me run faster and jump higher is enough. I assume I could make it so i don't tire out as easy when running too.

I don't need to even think about the rest, but wow.

Give me a 2 block vertical leap and 25% speed buff and 50% stanima drain while running and I could really have some fun.

Possibly even make a sonic trap that can trigger a 20x20 M area and make zombies move at 50% speed :) that sounds very exciting.

I hope you can implement interaction with objects like chairs, bed, etc. Then maybe be able to add a buff when you are interacting wit these objects like faster stamina/hp regen. Faster crafting speed when interacting with or around workbenches. I would also suggest players be able to reactivate beds/bedrolls. I hate putting up a nice big bed on my base and having to place a bedroll because placing one replaces my respawn place.

Part 1 of 2

Ladies and gents. With all the talk of how long this alpha has taken I thought I would take the time to show you a snippet of how the new buff/item/progression/mod system works. You'll find that the backend has grown exponentially as far as functionality and ability to create from just xml.

Hell yes! Great work.

uh...that's Diersville and it has been in that spot since the very beginning. ;)

But map has changed still) Snow was much futhrer from city and abandoned house after crossroad was in forest (I know that for sure cuz my last fortress was at place of that house and it was frustrating due to house being always rendered until really close despite being long time destroyed).

Plus military tents on the very left were in forest too, not in snow.

So what does five graves and a spy mean?

Five developers injured and in medbay and one looking for a way out! =P

I know I'm late for #bookgate but why not have the book give a limited time buff to reduce crafting time, or increase crafting quality , etc.

Because we want to get done with this and ship A17. A lot of options have been considered, including this one.

That is why I don't like them and usually ignore them. It is like I'm in the apocalypse, but wait there is a Walmart.

I'd prefer they were gated somehow, like on day one they don't trust you and rip you off. Over time they get to know you and give you more reasonable deals.

I fully agree. However, speaking of the out-of-place traders, I'd love for this pipe-dream (for 7days version 1, anyway) to happen:

You have 'The Duke' who has established himself the boss, simply because he's the richest, but not necessarily the most moral. In fact, his morals are probably very lacking. For example, he is the one who allows the bandits, and even employs them, to do his bidding.

Then you have traders, again, they need to give a percentage to the Duke or the bandits end up intervening.

The zombies are merely a by-product of something gone wrong or maybe the Duke has found a way to extinguish all that is not under his control (and uses the zombies as cheap labor to do it).

Now as for you, as the game has it now, you are a zombie that somehow fought off the effects of whatever the Duke did to you. However, you can also choose (at the start or at death) to be either a trader or a bandit. Both of these have their benefits to adding to the storyline.

As a trader, you are posted, by the Duke to run the shop. So fixing it up after Z's damage it, maintain it, scavenge for useful things near the compound, serve bandits and NPC's. However if you don't pay him his money or if you give up the life of a trader to become an explorer (so leave the compound unmanned), he will send his bandits after you.

If you want to be a bandit, there are certain jobs that get you higher and higher privileges and weapons, etc, and you can overthrow the Duke eventually. Or your faction of the bandits can be very loyal and just terrorize the neighbourhood.

That has something everyone wants. A sandbox game with almost no story (current game-play). A responsibility within the game with orders and decisions to make. Or hunger for story and power as a bandit.

Back then the wife had to figure out the roadmap, while the man was complaining at her spacial skills.

Lots of arguments

I can vouch for that. One of the best marriage improving purchases I've made was a Garmin. No more wife telling me what turn of I should have taken...after I went by it (even after I stopped complaining about the very distracting turning the map to match up to travel direction) and me getting a bit antsy about that after the fifth or sixth time. Love her to death but I've seen candlesticks with a better sense of direction.

We seem to switch out made traditional role patterns - but this one is present as stereotyped as they come.

I love it. Use sneak and pick them off, Roland is pretty close so they don't appear to wake so easily. Should be easy to gank em with some arrows.

That would be fine if they don't cry out and alarm (BAF) all the other mobs the milisecond you hit one with the first shot.

I always hated the Bring A Friend mechanic it's the stupidest thing ever, it makes doing anything solo almost impossible until you have high level gear or special abilities.

I want actual legit stealth where they can't BAF because they are dead before they can cry out to alarm any other mobs.

The scout is the perfect example, if you are in stealth and instantly kill her it doesn't matter she crys out anyway and spawns other mobs regardless of the fact that she never saw you and was instantly dead, that's just stupid.

Archived