Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Well! I'm finally glad someone confessed to that crime against humanity (the living type, the undead can dance in a sea of spikes).

What Alpha was it where every time on day 5, a pack of zombie dogs came at you, snapping their teeth like a fat lady at McDonald's?

Then on Day 8 in the morning, just when you are fixing your base, two zombie bears and a small pack of zombie dogs would ninja attack you!

Now. We. Know.

In my current game, I got both on day 3. Coincidentally I had just gone around the outside of a POI one way while the first horde went around it the other way, and I'd nerdpoled 4 frames up the side of a ruin, crouched and gone to the next room to respond to a question from my wife when the second group of 4-legged nasties came around. I returned just in time to see a bear butt across the street and heard howls as I put on the headset.

On the plus side, the nightly dog hordes being a thing of the past mean I occasionally do spend a bit of time outside during nights now.

Now I know what to expect: Morning of day 2 I was quietly harveting a rock when 3 dogs appeared from behind the nearest goldenrod flower… Well that was not a fair fight… at all. Day 3 trying to go to the trader, see a zombie bear mauling a poor zombie down in the woods. Try to sneak around and continue peacefully to the trader. Well it appears that this big direwolf was better at sneaking around than me. It was also better at fighting…

Also, the zombie bear disguised as a deer is a common one, I hear. They are easy to detect however, just open their mouth and count their teeth. If they start giggling, it's a bear.

Roland told me that one and I'm sure its right.

They are changing horde night to a random day and random time after the first 3 days.

Wait what? I completely missed that. And... I'm still not seeing it in their features list on this thread.

Roland? Is this now "Some Odd Days To Die"? :D Cool... and... rather frightening... lol.

They are changing horde night to a random day and random time after the first 3 days.

That would be totally insane.

Game title changing to "Some random number of days to die" ???

I wouldn't mind a random dog horde or wandering hordes more often on random nights, however... :smile-new:

Then again as soon as they go Gold A lot of people will be more focused to mod it up a lot to their preferences.

Now I understand why panty's for peace does so well here.

What is the favorite clothing of clothing for the undead?

un·dies lol

What is the groan equivalent to ROFL and LOL? ROFG and GOL?

I would've preferred a block over a power attack.

Require some tactics in order to take a zombie down, especially with the improved AI. :)

I'd like to see it eventually as: Attack (short/quick button press), Power Attack (Long Press with variable power based on how long), and Block (other button press) and mappable to right or left mouse button as desired

I would.... well kill is the wrong word... but I'd slay zombies for this! Though I'd like the first day to be random as well. I'm REALLY hoping this can be modded somehow without resorting to just putting in "fixed" random days in the xml and trying not to remember what I put.

Can you imagine day 1, taking 5 steps and getting hit by the horde, my guess is that they want the player to be somewhat situated before sh*t hits the fan.

Generally agreed. I have logged into new servers in the middle of horde night because I forgot to check the time. But yeah, I'd like the first one to be random, but probably not before your day 3 idea :-)

If it were up to me (and I hope to at least mod it to try it some time) I'd go with 3-10 days for the first one and then something like a random 2-14 days after that for each one thereafter.

Archived