Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

This is what I'm most excited about for this release:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25040[/ATTACH]

I'll be investing some points in the extra slots perk, for sure.

Hmm, so you're a locksmith?

It could be an interesting idea to have to lockpick the extra inventory slots instead of having a perk for them, with increasing difficulty for further slots.

I hate onscreen status bars of any kind and I love how these work. Not everyone will to be sure but I find their design to be far superior to the simplistic fare we've had in the past. Still doesn't mean I won't be excited for an A17 invisible HUD mod if anyone does one...

I like how it basically combines the hunger and thirst bars with the health and stamina ones.

Melee is better than ever. The power attack is fantastic--especially with a sledgehammer. Slow backup speed is a non-issue. Precise hitboxes mean skill = success. I still change it up between melee and ranged as much as ever and a suspect the same will be for everyone else as well. There is a bit of a learning curve but it isn't steep and I found learning the new groove to be fun and challenging.

It's not A17 question but, in you estimate, what are the odds of melee getting something beyond power attack?

Power attack is cool and all but it's like we've had 1 melee action for a long time and now we're getting a 2nd one. 2 is better than 1 but it's a zombie killing game... :)

It's not A17 question but, in you estimate, what are the odds of melee getting something beyond power attack?

Power attack is cool and all but it's like we've had 1 melee action for a long time and now we're getting a 2nd one. 2 is better than 1 but it's a zombie killing game... :)

its NOT a zombie KILLING game .. its zombie SURVIVAL game !! :) . lol

I had a dream last night that they introduced leveled loot -- leveled according to what difficulty you were playing on. They also made the difficulties much harder. Aldranon was bragging that he and Roland would play on the hardest level. A few others complained that they weren't good enough to play on that level, and they demanded that they have access to the better loot.

I should take a break from the forum. Or A17 should release.

Well, to you it is.

To us it's a getting the player eaten by zombies game.

Well! I'm finally glad someone confessed to that crime against humanity (the living type, the undead can dance in a sea of spikes).

What Alpha was it where every time on day 5, a pack of zombie dogs came at you, snapping their teeth like a fat lady at McDonald's?

Then on Day 8 in the morning, just when you are fixing your base, two zombie bears and a small pack of zombie dogs would ninja attack you!

Now. We. Know.

Well! I'm finally glad someone confessed to that crime against humanity (the living type, the undead can dance in a sea of spikes).

What Alpha was it where every time on day 5, a pack of zombie dogs came at you, snapping their teeth like a fat lady at McDonald's?

Then on Day 8 in the morning, just when you are fixing your base, two zombie bears and a small pack of zombie dogs would ninja attack you!

Now. We. Know.

I remember that vividly. I know it happened in A15 - because that was just after I started (4 months - and a major Alpha update? What the heck? I didn't even have enough time to...) I am pretty sure I even made a post about it.

Back when I was a noob, that would kind of upset me. And then resorting to the forums and reading some negativity would bother me as well.

I now have 3800+ hours in the game (and probably the same amount in reading all 15/16 dev posts, bug posts, mod posts, etc.), including almost all major mods (Ravenhearst 4.0 currently - which is as close to 10 for A16 as you can get) and have developed a 'thicker skin'.

Thank you Fun Pimps (and modders) for the most awesome game/alpha I have even been able to be a part of - and thank you for helping to develop me as a person.

btw - what does RC stand for? ROFL (After monitoring 80,000+ posts I have a profound amount of respect for those who professionally, calmly, and politely respond to repetitive posts.)

Sounds like something a douchey guy would say when addressing an attractive woman on the other side of a bar. "Hey boys, look at her. I think we have a release candidate! *high fives all around*.

Speaking of which, here's hoping we see her.. err.. it this or next weekend based on projections. Looking forward to watching vicariously through the streamers while awaiting the steam update afterward. Haven't played A16 since I saw madmole's video, just can't bring myself to kick the dead horse any longer.

Well, that was an outdated system.

Since it would always happen at the same time you could prepare yourselves for that.

Now... you can't be quite so sure what will be coming for you. ;)

That's true, it was a single "got ya!"

I'm guessing outside of POI's there will be some type of gamestage (biome modified?).

Its whats at the end of a POI quest that has me a little nervous/excited. I'm not the best at knife fights in phone booths, so... I would hate to die before day 7! OMG! I would have to change my avatar picture and hope people forgot my name. :)

Sounds like something a douchey guy would say when addressing an attractive woman on the other side of a bar. "Hey boys, look at her. I think we have a release candidate! *high fives all around*.

Speaking of which, here's hoping we see her.. err.. it this or next weekend based on projections. Looking forward to watching vicariously through the streamers while awaiting the steam update afterward. Haven't played A16 since I saw madmole's video, just can't bring myself to kick the dead horse any longer.

Well, if you stop kicking it.. it'll come back and then youve got a massive zombie horse running around

Well, if you stop kicking it.. it'll come back and then youve got a massive zombie horse running around

Damn, now that is a good counter to the "mini-bike horde defense" strategy. It's horde night, and if you mount a bike and start driving, a couple "zombie-horses" spawn with the capability of running *slightly* faster than your mini bike does.

Well, that was an outdated system.

Since it would always happen at the same time you could prepare yourselves for that.

Now... you can't be quite so sure what will be coming for you. ;)

Now I know what to expect: Morning of day 2 I was quietly harveting a rock when 3 dogs appeared from behind the nearest goldenrod flower… Well that was not a fair fight… at all. Day 3 trying to go to the trader, see a zombie bear mauling a poor zombie down in the woods. Try to sneak around and continue peacefully to the trader. Well it appears that this big direwolf was better at sneaking around than me. It was also better at fighting…

Archived