Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

About an hour ago I was barbecuing hamburgers and my daughter walked up behind me and asked, “When will the burgers be done, Dad?”

And I turned around and snapped at her, “WHEN THEY’RE DONE!!”

You guys are breaking me.... :p

If you take as long to cook a burger as it is taking to do A17 she's probably starving mate. ;)

About an hour ago I was barbecuing hamburgers and my daughter walked up behind me and asked, “When will the burgers be done, Dad?”

Just say you raised your voice at her as a character building test and she passed! ;)

she should come at the forums it s done when it s done!!!

No release date will be estimated. It will be done when the issues are solved and the known bugs have been fixed. We're closer than we've ever been before!

Coughs * RELEASE THE KRACKEN * Coughs

Melee is better than ever. The power attack is fantastic--especially with a sledgehammer. Slow backup speed is a non-issue. Precise hitboxes mean skill = success. I still change it up between melee and ranged as much as ever and a suspect the same will be for everyone else as well. There is a bit of a learning curve but it isn't steep and I found learning the new groove to be fun and challenging.

That's actually really good to hear. Maybe it was just watching MM miss the zombies like 50% of the time that had me worried.

So... you're a middle school teacher. And yet you *still* chose to spawn? You sir, are a masochist.

-A

I hope you said that while munching on a half-cooked burger and hoping you don't suffer from any game-breaking bugs :-)

No lootable zombies: Bones?

Ok, so first I would like to say, what an amazing game this has been and will continue to be. I have played ALOT, and one of the first things I do in a new world is make an axe, then proceed to kill a zombie to harvest a bone, so that I have a knife.

My question is simple.

How are we suppose to get bones on the reg?

Without zombies, the other way I see getting bones is from animals, which really don't spawn much after the 10th day or so.

Will bones become apart of the normal loot table or am I just SOL and need to find a new way to find knifes in the beginning?

Yes, I realize that bones are an early game item, and can be overshadowed by other weapons, but nonetheless, I figured I would get more information about this early game item.

Thanks again!

Just for clarification. I'll be able to make a tunnel of death and the zeds will path towards the open end of the cavern rather than beating on the sod above me?

Much zombie intelligence testing must now occur...

We already figured out to never build doors on our bases because they act like magnets. Then we figured out how they would run around in circles under our pole bases and magically floating water bases. We learned they couldn't climb up ladders if we knocked out the bottom rung. We figured out they couldn't dig downwards. We figured out when they had lost the ability to smell.

I am sure we'll figure out how to outsmart them again.

Our ability to learn and adapt will always put us one step ahead of the undead masses.

It's those pesky developers we have to keep an eye out for. ^.^

It would of been funny if she had asked you when A17e was coming out.

Archived