Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Question number #2

Its Day 70, what design of above ground fort do you believe will be the most "cost effective", IE most good for the least resources.

(You should be seeing some Z-cops and possibly other heavy weight damage dealers)

For me I'm thinking reinforced concrete walls and a ton of the cheapo "wood only" spikes has to be best bang for the buck. I might try stacking them two high and four deep against the walls. I will only shoot to stop z-cops from exploding.

Any thoughts?

mmmm, cant judge really , the new pathing seems to need some study . i would use same technique i love double layer concert pillars with space in between :) , but i think it wont work because they will use my hatch or underground way :/ .hmmmm . iam thinking

Question number #2

Its Day 70, what design of above ground fort do you believe will be the most "cost effective", IE most good for the least resources.

(You should be seeing some Z-cops and possibly other heavy weight damage dealers)

For me I'm thinking reinforced concrete walls and a ton of the cheapo "wood only" spikes has to be best bang for the buck. I might try stacking them two high and four deep against the walls. I will only shoot to stop z-cops from exploding.

Any thoughts?

Day 70? Dang, I have usually started a new seed by day 70. LOL. The cheapo wood spikes were the ticket in A17, I wonder if they will be as effective in A17.

Day 70? Dang, I have usually started a new seed by day 70. LOL. The cheapo wood spikes were the ticket in A17, I wonder if they will be as effective in A17.

Oh man, A16 was a poor Fort Defense release, but things start going into high gear by Day 70. With the AI boost, A17 will be exciting and a serious challenge. I will play above ground until I die or I run out of above ground resources.

So if Roland's emoji's are representing bugs then it seems two have now been squashed...

Of course, in a zombie game they could come back to life, or at least become undead at any rate.

I wouldn't over analyze his emojis... probably just doing it for fun or change of pace or something along those lines

I wouldn't over analyze his emojis... probably just doing it for fun or change of pace or something along those lines

I thought they were like the Egyptian Hieroglyphs....the kissing ones have me worried. Maybe the developers are spending WAY too much time together..

Fataal how zombie (or pathfinding) see mines and pressureplates? Aren't​ they trying avoid it as block-obstancle?

i think that he mentioned that they see them as flat road . they will pass over them . though mines still no traps for zombies (my opinion)

I thought they were like the Egyptian Hieroglyphs....the kissing ones have me worried. Maybe the developers are spending WAY too much time together..

So you are not worried about the depressed one, or the two burried. I like how you think :) Can`t wait for next episode of Roland`s emoji series.

Hello, how is everyone dealing with the oncoming weekend so far? I hope it is all good!

I literally lost the will to do anything else. I want to play 7d but I also feel like I'm wasting time. Other games are quite meh at the moment and I'm trying to work but man.. it's hard to concentrate!

I literally lost the will to do anything else. I want to play 7d but I also feel like I'm wasting time. Other games are quite meh at the moment and I'm trying to work but man.. it's hard to concentrate!

I'm finding that alcohol and music are helping right now although I'm not sure that's good for concentration. :smile-new:

Yes.

Question #1: Will you like A17 and why?

Anyone may answer. :)

Yes. I'm looking forward to new challenges and new things to do in the game. I'm eager to see the loot balance changes. I have a feeling that some of the things that people are worried about being short on will be accounted for somewhere else. Either certain items aren't as essential to crafting, or they become more common in loot containers. But only time and actual gameplay will tell for sure.

Random thought... I think it would be cool for gamestage to be strictly tied to days alive. Easy to mod in A17? I just dont wanna be responsible for balancing lol.

This would make you want to level up quicker (to keep up with gamestage)...making zombie kills more important. Since gamestage is heavily tied to level, I think???, there is no point trying to hurry up

Archived