1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Yes.

Question #1: Will you like A17 and why?

Anyone may answer. :)

Yes, AI improvements and the threat of digging down should make the game harder. Some performance fixes, better graphics and a few additions (been waiting for the jeep) should game it more enjoyable as well. And dungeon POIs, I love the concept tho I'm not sure how valuable it will be in the long run. Confident it will make the first playthrough with friends something to laugh about :)

Yes, AI improvements and the threat of digging down should make the game harder. Some performance fixes, better graphics and a few additions (been waiting for the jeep) should game it more enjoyable as well. And dungeon POIs, I love the concept tho I'm not sure how valuable it will be in the long run. Confident it will make the first playthrough with friends something to laugh about :)

Plus, they will also kill tree forts now, too, iirc.

I work with a lot of network cabinets and server rooms in the industrial field for my job, and I wish they ever looked that pristine and nice, even with the one network cable, lol. Typically, you could shut down a whole manufacturing plant by sneezing because everything is routed and done so bad that something could break x.x....

And this is typically because it doesn't matter how pretty things are when they are first set up. Things in your system will change. Cables will be moved... And the more cables the network requires the worse it will work, from day one.

I worked on a PKI team where we all had to do a bit of everything system/network administration, and there were times when we would drop everything for a weekend to remove and reorganize all the cables, but it still looked like spaghetti quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

The suspense is killing me~

Well, regardless of that, the zombies will be. :surprise:

Cluttered houses will have at least as much longevity as the empty rooms of pre A17

nice! Eager to play it, maybe we can reach 2k pages in time for next week's decision :)

alias, with the backslash around the sleeper respawn bug, is it something that would hold the A17-E release?

i might like it , i dont care about loot or graphics , i get most loot from pois BUT , the game changer is the AI having smart zombies add to the challenge

Should also be much faster to loot things now. You can visibly see, which containers have loot in them.

Yes.

Question #1: Will you like A17 and why?

Anyone may answer. :)

Yes, definitely ! But i have to say A16 generated map singleplayer could have my attention for cca 20hrs until it got extremely boring and too easy. Even with Valmod's pack.

Watching newest A17 gameplay on youtube got me less nervous about release date since game doesn't seem to be at playable state right now.

*C&C Generals voice* - ''WE WAIT TOGETHER!''

Question number #2

Its Day 70, what design of above ground fort do you believe will be the most "cost effective", IE most good for the least resources.

(You should be seeing some Z-cops and possibly other heavy weight damage dealers)

For me I'm thinking reinforced concrete walls and a ton of the cheapo "wood only" spikes has to be best bang for the buck. I might try stacking them two high and four deep against the walls. I will only shoot to stop z-cops from exploding.

Any thoughts?

And this is typically because it doesn't matter how pretty things are when they are first set up. Things in your system will change. Cables will be moved... And the more cables the network requires the worse it will work, from day one.

I worked on a PKI team where we all had to do a bit of everything system/network administration, and there were times when we would drop everything for a weekend to remove and reorganize all the cables, but it still looked like spaghetti quickly.

Lol, yeah, I know my work needs it done. Just hate having to mess with them elsewhere, because I have to install and terminate fiber and Ethernet into already running enclosures. And this is on millions of dollars machines that make companies hundreds of thousands of profit an hour and it going down because of communication failing could cause it to take forever to start back up, even with just replugging it in instantly. Then to make matters worse, these enclosures probably have 10+ different contractors in it that don't care about anyone else, so you have Ethernet and fiber wrapped around each other, power cords, vice versa, that hitting one thing could end up unplugging multiple other things x.x At one point, I saw one so back, that I refused to work in it until their IT fixed it. They complained and said they could do it without shutting anything down. I watched, the moment they tried to move one thing, everything shut down and they went into panic mode... Inside, I grinned because now it was on their head and not mine, haha.

Edit: But, I'm excited for A17, keep coming to forums 16 hours of the day to see if Roland, Fataal, or anyone has been doing some information sharing. Keeping all this in the dark for my friends and watch them learn it the hard way, even the whole zombie surprises in store in POIs. Hehehe...

Edit: But, I'm excited for A17, keep coming to forums 16 hours of the day to see if Roland, Fataal, or anyone has been doing some information sharing. Keeping all this in the dark for my friends and watch them learn it the hard way, even the whole zombie surprises in store in POIs. Hehehe...

I believe i seen one in the last video posted so i suppose it's a feature now (zombies out of closets)

I wonder if there any features which haven't been revealed here or shown in videos. Would be cool to get a surprise feature.

My guess the suprise feature is improve dlighting. I may have heard some rumors about it already so not a TOTAL suprise. But still... its gotta be that

Question number #2

Its Day 70, what design of above ground fort do you believe will be the most "cost effective", IE most good for the least resources.

(You should be seeing some Z-cops and possibly other heavy weight damage dealers)

For me I'm thinking reinforced concrete walls and a ton of the cheapo "wood only" spikes has to be best bang for the buck. I might try stacking them two high and four deep against the walls. I will only shoot to stop z-cops from exploding.

Any thoughts?

I usually go for wood spikes and from what I saw I think they will still be useful. Too cheap to spam and kill zombies fast enough. The low resistance they have is usually not relevant.

Question number #2

Any thoughts?

mmmm, cant judge really , the new pathing seems to need some study . i would use same technique i love double layer concert pillars with space in between :) , but i think it wont work because they will use my hatch or underground way :/ .hmmmm . iam thinking

Archived