Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Depends how big it is. Right now they will seek blocks in the general area if you are above them and they can't get to you. Make it big enough and they won't find the supports, but would it collapse at that size? Never tried a huge stilt structure, so don't know if SI would collapse it or not.

not sure how big you mean, does 11x11 is big enough if player is standing in between ? i.e. 5 block each side to him, that way SI don't break it, and yes it is far for zeds? hope you make AI to go beyond max SI distance

- - - Updated - - -

This Saturday? Not likely.

Next Saturday ? ..just been a fanboy.

PvPgate (and the undies for president campaign)

I already know of one undie that became a president (or makes as much sense as) - but i'm immediately veering away from politics again - so save ronald the hassle :p

- - - Updated - - -

jh.jpg

apparently? other then then numbers being reversed.?

- - - Updated - - -

Never. His reflexes are too fast. He would catch it.

likely :p

but for the question how does one grapple a joke (can someone give me the 4e dice checks for that?) :p

- - - Updated - - -

Some GIF's about last Joel's video

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

good one - that actually looks a little similar :)

- - - Updated - - -

LOL not sure how my first post on this went bye bye...but I will say again, 2 times in as many days this forum has made me lose my chocolate milk! Its so worth it...thank you for this sir!

You must type through one of them mechanicshavegrubbyfingerssiliconeoverlaykeyboardmmembranes.

Generally it is people finding more bugs and assigning them to you.

Monday/Tuesday I spent fixing AI pathing freezing in skyscrapers and optimizing the CPU load for those buildings, which is like a worse case pathing situation with around 200k path nodes. In the process I noticed light level issues where zombies can't see you half the time. Digging into that today I found some problems in that code. Meanwhile 3 bugs were assigned to me so far this week.

Like digging a hole, but people keep tossing dirt back in.

Hehe, more like digging a hole in NL. The dirt comes out alright. Just gets filled with water more often then not. Now you have another problem with the same endresult and a non-fitting tool ;) We did prove you can get it done eventually though...so there's that.

And your the one who is comical, the pvp player base is less than 1% of our customer base. Maybe its 40% of the vocal minority community, but its literally nothing, all our players are friends playing coop with friends or single player on private servers.

Well, this is me, my friends, and my son. So there's...um...6 or 7 of us that LOVE playing co-op on a private server silently? :D

Granted we're now waiting for A17 because all the cool new stuff, but we've been playing this thing since it rolled out of KS and LOVE it. Were there some changes I didn't like? But of course, but that's with any game--but overall our favorite coop game.

And it's been awesome seeing it develop over time--almost like playing different games which have all been fun.

You singled out view distance but that is only part of the issue.

Even if not rendered on your screen the game still has to keep this much more map data in memory (unused chunks are dumped back to the HDD) and run AI/pathing for an exponentially increased number of actors.

We were talking about firearm ranges and it would be redundant to have a 400m active range but nothing moving and shootable at that range, no? =)

This is not the kind of game where displaying the graphics is 98% of all the work done.

Hey Gazz,

Since your answering bout view distance. With the new extra distant trees rendering (with smaller 'sprites <- since I dont know the proper word). Do we get something like that for player build "poi's" too? It's always a little odd to see your own building pup up after farther away trees and pois already have. I can understand it's "non-predictable" so you can't use miniature versions like you could with pois and trees, but perhaps this give a little room to do something similar for player built stuff?

I finally got a shared link to my pics .... its the time stand in MM video. pause at this time to see the pics.

am talking about the assemble option on the gear and clothes ? Roland I know you are around .

they are quite close so , you can watch it whole from one link

Not changed. Chop up your first killed animal with a stone axe and get a femur. Then make a shiv for future animals you kill. Same as always. In fact I always harvest my first animal until it drops a femur then I make my shiv and finish the animal with the shiv just to use as much of the animal as I can.

And I'm not even Native American.

You run on an emulator? :p

- - - Updated - - -

1200px-Tianhe-2.jpg

What I love most about that is that single netwerkcable running across a system floor :p

Gazz,

Graphics question for you.

Currently POI's render in/are displayed based on whats 'supposed' to be there and its not until you get close that you see whats 'actually' there so If I as a player have massively fortified a POI, added new walls etc etc then you dont see that, you see the old 'standard' POI until you get closer and then you see the changes. Has this been changed in any way so that we now get a representation of what IS, rather than what WAS ?

I finally got a shared link to my pics .... its the time stand in MM video. pause at this time to see the pics.

am talking about the assemble option on the gear and clothes ? Roland I know you are around .

they are quite close so , you can watch it whole from one link

I think that the assebly option resembles painting actual item. Correct me if im wrong..

What I love most about that is that single netwerkcable running across a system floor :p

I work with a lot of network cabinets and server rooms in the industrial field for my job, and I wish they ever looked that pristine and nice, even with the one network cable, lol. Typically, you could shut down a whole manufacturing plant by sneezing because everything is routed and done so bad that something could break x.x....

Archived