Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Because jumping is more fun. Only jumping and sleeping in A17. If you jump a thousand times, we give you a shovel, so you can dig to the center of the Earth. Once there the planet explodes and game over. The best end game content ever.

Oh snap, did you just leak the theme for TFP's next game...man you are in so much trouble now...

LOL 1up'd nice one! :)

- - - Updated - - -

I hope everyone is doing well today/tonight. What craziness is everyone up to in their games as they countdown to 17? Any last minute crazy things people are trying to do?

just sain . i dont think reaching 2000 will release the karken ;) . it would be great if TFB stick with that ,but they dont promise ,

It would be great meme though :)

and dreaming about the gear assemble is good too?!

I hope everyone is doing well today/tonight. What craziness is everyone up to in their games as they countdown to 17? Any last minute crazy things people are trying to do?

I heard something about someone trying to bring peace to the world through the love of panties....but that is just crazy talk> :playful:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm taking a little bit of a 7DTD break right now since I've been tweaking my mod for months.

So just relaxing with some Graveyard Keeper. :)

I heard something about someone trying to bring peace to the world through the love of panties....but that is just crazy talk> :playful:

LOL yes! You BET! I will end up being known as the panty girl I am sure, but I hope to show people that in these forums, we have the people to make this bright, happy, full of laughter and hopefully a sense of peace and family. I know families will quarrel but I love everyone here, including anyone I have ever gotten into a disagreement with. The Legions of Panties for Peace grows stronger...and hopefully we can convince TFP tha good clean underwear is part of surviving and add it to the game. It would be for fun. But it could also be practical. I just would love to see more layers to play with our appearance. :) @}-)-)------------

Dunno, they loop back to the home page. I suspect you've posted private url's. Check for a share/embed link.

What. This is gonna be a bit much. Even now with sprinting back I get hit, stunned and subsequently killed from ridiculous ranges due to lag and generally strange hit boxes and now our main method of evading is going away? I understand not allowing a full sprint backwards but was it ever full? Not even just lowering the side/back sprint? Dropping it completely just seems like an overly dramatic change.

Also read they're increasing general player movement, and sprinting is well, sprinting. So it's not nerfed lol.

It depends on what I'm doing at any given moment. If the flag went up, you'd bet I'd have worthwhile survival goodies in my pockets (I was a Boyscout and in the military) and depending on where and what I was doing, I'd have them there anywhere between 30 seconds and 10 minutes.

I suspect other service members would say something similar. Maybe Al or Chud can chime in with something...

-A

i must agree. i'm not ex military or boyscout, but i have something useful with me, if i leave home. like lighter, knife, water bottle.

What. This is gonna be a bit much. Even now with sprinting back I get hit, stunned and subsequently killed from ridiculous ranges due to lag and generally strange hit boxes and now our main method of evading is going away? I understand not allowing a full sprint backwards but was it ever full? Not even just lowering the side/back sprint? Dropping it completely just seems like an overly dramatic change.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that most people close in to hit zombies more than is needful. Just as you can open cupboards from weird distances you can also hit zombies from farther away than you think (unless you are already in the habit of hitting them from the outside edge of your range)

I have found that I am getting better at hitting them from a greater distance rather than getting right up in their grill because now I have to do it if I want to avoid their hits. It’s taken some adaptation but I am almost back to my previous level of being able melee without getting hit.

In A16 being able to sprint backwards meant you could be pretty sloppy with your attack range and still avoid being hit. In A17 you need to be more precise or pay the consequences.

Just light hearted banter.

Some of them were in an advertising mangers book, that he let me read, when i was a tech at UPS.

I came across that page with the others, recently while researching a marketing idea. The book was more, a technical manual, these were a cumulation nearly 15 years later on a google site.

Thats why i left the name of the submitter on that one. I didnt read that one in the book.

now i can understand, probably an old translation

years ago when i had to use google translator more often i got very odd translation most of the time

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that most people close in to hit zombies more than is needful. Just as you can open cupboards from weird distances you can also hit zombies from farther away than you think (unless you are already in the habit of hitting them from the outside edge of your range)

I have found that I am getting better at hitting them from a greater distance rather than getting right up in their grill because now I have to do it if I want to avoid their hits. It’s taken some adaptation but I am almost back to my previous level of being able melee without getting hit.

In A16 being able to sprint backwards meant you could be pretty sloppy with your attack range and still avoid being hit. In A17 you need to be more precise or pay the consequences.

Speaking of getting to close to things...

has the player collider been changed? If you get to close to a tree for example, and the colliders mesh, you drop fps quite heavily.

- - - Updated - - -

I was checking out Scum with some dudes of our 7 days server.

I got killed by a zombie while I was trying to defend myself with a small axe.

I had to respawn but i wasn't that far away from my lost stuff.

Arrived - chopped my dead body - ate myself - moved on... so 10/10

Oh look, a dead horse! I think I will beat on it!

I am old school. I have beta tested several games. This kickstart/Early Access fad has thrown everything off. Am I an alpha tester? I have access to alpha builds, but I have no structured format to report bugs or give feedback; only these forums where I can be labelled a fan boy or a cry baby. I have played 1200+ hours, so I got my money's worth; including some mods (most noteworthy: Ravenhearst). Are you able to add NDAs at this point? I ask, because I think it is time to add more actual testers. People that aren't going to give you a thumbs down on steam because of bugs, and people that will help with the constant balance issues that come up with every radical alpha build.

We've got you covered, blitzgp!

• Here's the structured format for reporting bugs.
  • Here's a template you can even use.
  • And most importantly, here's a smiley you can use next time you want to illustrate beating a dead horse: :deadhorse:

:biggrin1:

I was checking out Scum with some dudes of our 7 days server.

I got killed by a zombie while I was trying to defend myself with a small axe.

I had to respawn but i wasn't that far away from my lost stuff.

Arrived - chopped my dead body - ate myself - moved on... so 10/10

you ate your self GG

ok . asking this will make it fly to 2000 ..

5754513381f5f7eb7a25b6bef44108879aa32a188c4360751e8589808b23d7d1f4ab4d0f.jpg258735287f3020cc00eebaee3480fcddb59de8005eac58461cfc24691721f40fdd6607d3.jpg243197486db27c2cd36f9a4e9f9189d31ca2178dad61823fb131725dfb8176546066d0d8.jpg

what is the assemble on the armor ? do any one have thoughts or dreams he want to share?.. until Roland smashes it to you ;) hehehee,

i guess its something to add on more armor ,

maybe is for the dye? or some mod, spikes work well on armor

Archived