Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Hi there, everyone!

I actually registered just to reply to this thread. After reading through all the replies during the last 2 days, which was both exhausting and informative, I'm glad to say I'm not as worried as I was after first watching MM's latest video. I'll wait until I had the chance to play A17 for myself and see how I like the changes (or not).

But there's one question I think hasn't been asked/answered here, which was also one of the top comments on the YouTube video and it is about the charged attack. Wouldn't it be more practical to HOLD the charged attack key, literally charging it and then have the attack happen as you let it go, rather than having to time it with every hit? This could be balanced with higher stamina penalty, of course (maybe the longer you hold, the higher the penalty?). I know it's a very minor thing compared to everything else, but it was bugging me. ^^

@ faatal I know you guys are working on the sleeper spawning issue. Do you think this is something that will be solved when A17 drops?

I hope for A17e.

That’s my biggest wish.

But how is the spawning when everything works like intended?

I read a lot about it but understand less.

Can somebody (or @faatal himself) explain it like: if I was a 6 year old child.

I am sorry, I misinterpreted your comment.

I bet a system with

• 1080ti
  • I9
  • 32 GByte of DDR4

Could run that :) But we'll never know, if we never try.

I have that exact hardware configuration plus a M.2 EVO 970 NVME and it wrecks A16, we will see how well it does in A17.

Clock is still king for A17 so for Intel you want 3.6 Ghz or faster and a performance SSD with 16+ GB of system memory preferably.

I put 4,9 Ghz on my new 7700K yesterday. Brings up 215 cb single core performance.

32 Gb installing tomorrow.

Still thinking about a boost of SSD vs. NVME M.2 ...?

Wasn’t better prepared just before a new Alpha build release before.

Bring it on guys cuz I am ready AF.

Still thinking about a boost of SSD vs. NVME M.2 ...?

I only noticed a slight performance increase going from a performance SSD to a M.2 970 EVO NVME but there was a performance increase.

If I were you I would get the M.2 EVO 970 NVME simply for bang for you buck because they cost the same as the performance SSD and are 5x faster.

I dont understand why games like PUBG can do multiple passengers but 7d de-sync cant be figured out ?

Where do you get "7d de-sync cant be figure out"? I don't recall seeing that anywhere. I've only seen that it is one passenger UNTIL they fix the de-sync. They just have other things they feel are more important going on at the moment.

I only noticed a slight performance increase going from a performance SSD to a M.2 970 EVO NVME but there was a performance increase.

If I were you I would get the M.2 EVO 970 NVME simply for bang for you buck because they cost the same as the performance SSD and are 5x faster.

I think I wait until A17 is dropped and someone tested it.

Price tag is still changing and now I would pay 85€.

Maybe I get one for 80€ if it still makes sense in A17

I think I wait until A17 is dropped and someone tested it.

Price tag is still changing and now I would pay 85€.

Maybe I get one for 80€ if it still makes sense in A17

Oh trust me I will let you guys know.

Keep in mind that the HD is the last major bottleneck in a computer so buying a M.2 NVME is the only sensible thing to do.

Im going to buy a Ryzen next. Im sick of Intel's spyware antics. I wonder how many exploits does it take for people to stop supporting this ♥♥♥♥ty company.

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X is a beast. 4,3 GHz with a good cooling&mainboard for 310€ would be nice to build up a rig with that CPU.

Yeah MM said he didn't think that there's going to be an A18. Of course this still leaves open the chance that there will be an A18.

However, we have to trust his word on this. Most likely there won't be an A18.

Actually he didn't. He simply stated "There might not be an A18" He put no qualifier other than "might". Any attempt to read a percentage chance is just making stuff up.

Yes, however RAM usage doesn't affect FPS, if you have enough RAM (and RAM is cheap nowadays). So it should be the players' choice to determine how much map the want to load.

This shows a complete lack of understanding what they were talking about. It isn't just RAM usage. What is being rendered at the moment is NOT the deciding factor in FPS on a voxel game. Every block loaded also takes up some CPU in a voxel game. CPU is almost always the culprit when you get a FPS drop in a voxel game. I have a crappy 1050 GPU and even it is never the issue when I notice FPS drops. My CPU on the other hand is usually churning like a mother at that point.

Edit: Because I have a crappy CPU to go with my GPU. 1st Gen i7 was killer at the time but my damn kids always whining about wanting food has made it so I'm still stuck with it almost 8 years later. :(

Hi there, everyone!

I actually registered just to reply to this thread. After reading through all the replies during the last 2 days, which was both exhausting and informative, I'm glad to say I'm not as worried as I was after first watching MM's latest video. I'll wait until I had the chance to play A17 for myself and see how I like the changes (or not).

But there's one question I think hasn't been asked/answered here, which was also one of the top comments on the YouTube video and it is about the charged attack. Wouldn't it be more practical to HOLD the charged attack key, literally charging it and then have the attack happen as you let it go, rather than having to time it with every hit? This could be balanced with higher stamina penalty, of course (maybe the longer you hold, the higher the penalty?). I know it's a very minor thing compared to everything else, but it was bugging me. ^^

Welcome!

What’s funny is that whenever I tried it I intuitively held down the mouse button even though it wasn’t necessary. Charging the attack is a good idea. We already have the mechanism for drWing the bow and for throwing something so it shouldn’t be too hard to implement. Probably going to be just basic for the A17 release.

Welcome!

What’s funny is that whenever I tried it I intuitively held down the mouse button even though it wasn’t necessary. Charging the attack is a good idea. We already have the mechanism for drWing the bow and for throwing something so it shouldn’t be too hard to implement. Probably going to be just basic for the A17 release.

I am very pleased to read that! Thank you for the response! :D

Do you think blocking could ever be an option as well? Like swinging at a Zombie at the right moment not to hit them, but to block their attack and avoid or minimize damage? Then again, this might be exploited, I don't know. Maybe I just played too much Condemned: Criminal Origins and Dying Light :D

Btw I'm also thankful you're NOT using Re-Captcha as a verification process on this board. I hate that crap so much.

Not changed. Chop up your first killed animal with a stone axe and get a femur. Then make a shiv for future animals you kill. Same as always. In fact I always harvest my first animal until it drops a femur then I make my shiv and finish the animal with the shiv just to use as much of the animal as I can.

And I'm not even Native American.

That's good but if you can get yourself a hunting knife, that would be much better.

Archived