Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

How many testers are there currently working for the Fun Pimps? Where did you apply?:smile-new:

When A17 experimental drops, there will be a bug reporting thread. Do exactly as they ask, be concise, and if you are good and consistant they might even contact you. No matter the outcome, good bug reporting is much appreciated. :)

Something IS boiling.

Or rather, bubbles are starting to rise to the surface

With the way everything is headed I would expect A17E in the last week of August or first week of September.

This is only an educated guess and nothing more.

Uhh i have the same feeling...

like I had in Juli... and in June, mai, april, march, februar.... 2018, 2017, 2016....

uh, is your y key broken

_es it is, like my heard from _erning for THE UPDATE ^^

or i am just to lasy for grammar

- - - Updated - - -

No duck is native in english... Fact! ;)

QUACK!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Ick bin eine Deutsche Panzerente

(I am a german uberpanzerduck)

Can't vouch for accuracy personally, but getting word from streamers their early-access for A17-E is likely to drop the 2nd weekend of September. (So like, 7th-8th or whatever). I imagine the general public will get it a week or two later, once the "blitz" dies down.

So, tossing out a guess that mid-late Sept will be when we get our hands on it.

Started a new server in the last few weeks, so still got a month or so to try out some base ideas that will likely be invalidated against the new AI! heh.

Maybe its wishful thinking, but I'm willing to bet its not - alpha 17 is going to be a blast. Just having motorcycles and trucks is going to change alot of play styles. Looking forward to stealing my first truck. Looking forward to stalking motor noise to hunt unsuspecting victims. Then going to go kick a puppy after that. Going to build a gas town in the desert to harvest shale for gas - the cars will be taken apart too quickly to rely on them for gas. Oh, what a day. What a lovely day! WITNESS ME

When you say truck, you mean the jeep? or there's an actual truck?

I always wanted to see a big truck, like the one Negan has in the walking dead:

latest?cb=20140312183321

This would incentivize the players to explore more and get further from your base. As of right now at least me and my friends that play this game hate how we fill our inventories so quick.

What would be most desirable in a zombie apocalipse scenario is a god damn proper truck which you can find with supplies as you explore without being stressed about running out of item slots all the time.

Of course it would be hard to get, so first you have to grind the old way, then you can start traveling with your mates, assaulting POIs and other people's bases. Imagine an advanced team of people showing up with trucks in someone's base, or someone does it to you, you would be scared ♥♥♥♥less because you already know these guys are advanced players and got tons of items.

And of course, we would also need a bigger world. As we have discussed, we need huge procedual worlds for this to take place at proper scale, specially with vehicles, and specially if they are going to make underground bases useless which is what gave you more time to remain undetected by advanced players so you would have more time to develop your items etc. I still hope we can still live underground even if it's harder.

We just need more focus on PVP, better support for more players at once, bigger randomly generated worlds to host more players which now have vehicles so cover more terrain quicker etc. The further you can live from each other the more epic PVP wars will be because if you spend 3 months working in a base and you are finally found, you will never give up your hard work, you will defend it till the end. But again this requires a proper big world to maintain scale.

Can't vouch for accuracy personally, but getting word from streamers their early-access for A17-E is likely to drop the 2nd weekend of September. (So like, 7th-8th or whatever). I imagine the general public will get it a week or two later, once the "blitz" dies down.

So, tossing out a guess that mid-late Sept will be when we get our hands on it.

Started a new server in the last few weeks, so still got a month or so to try out some base ideas that will likely be invalidated against the new AI! heh.

Streamers get it on a Friday and we get it the following Monday/Tuesday

I don't know if this has been suggested, or is possible for A17. A more knowledgable person would have to verify. But on the servers if you start with the smaller area and begin to get too full, instead of restarting a game. Is it possible to just change the Radiation zone parameter in RWGMixer.xml. save an additional copy rename it rules.bin and place it in the worlds save folder to allow expansion.

Was it just the weekend? Not bad at all, so theoretically it could be Sept 10th or 11th if everything happens that way. A few very long weeks indeed :p

Two weeks are nothing. We wait for a bit more than an year here. Soon boys. Sooon. Ah, I mean boys and girls.

Can't vouch for accuracy personally, but getting word from streamers their early-access for A17-E is likely to drop the 2nd weekend of September.

You actually believe they have any more info than the rest of us do? I have a bridge I'd like for you to buy.

Do you think even TFP know when it is going to be ready?

Posts like that just make me shake my head an chuckle a bit..

You actually believe they have any more info than the rest of us do? I have a bridge I'd like for you to buy.

Do you think even TFP know when it is going to be ready?

Posts like that just make me shake my head an chuckle a bit..

I'd say if anyone had advance warning and were likely to let information slip while rambling on then streamers would be high on my list of candidates. They need time to prepare, both technically and mentally. They also talk quite a bit while distracted and as certain two members of TFP have recently proven, sometimes information slips out whether you want it to or not.

It would also fit within the time scale I was expecting.

Long time Lurker

Id like to add my 2 cents to the train idea that was mentioned several posts back. me and a lot of folk have been really hoping that gets added to the game. I think it would be really cool and i have so many ideas for it as well. Like say have a make shift train with two cars attached, one could be used for storage and another to store like say your mini bike or the 4x4. ive seen people say why have it when you can go anywhere with the 4x4? Well what if we can lay track and have switches and what not for that and we could make an entire network to traverse all over the map. i just see endless possibilities to adding train to the game.

Archived