Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Roland, I get it. Anytime you're on a project you're passionate about, that sense of giddiness and angst builds as you near a major milestone. Several of you have been there from the beginning and have watched this blossom from an ambitious dream to something that is nearing Beta and ultimately completion. You're so excited to show the world what you have created for them that you sometimes jump the gun on things, such as delivery dates, all because your excitement caused to overlook a couple of small details, and then those details end up becoming huge gremlins. It happens to everyone at some point. I'm just glad you guys aren't in the business of seeing a time constraint and deciding to band aid patch holes to make that date instead of just blowing that date sky high and finishing the job. It makes all the difference on game quality and that will be noticed. I believe that if more companies embraced "It's Done When It's Done" as a philosophy, we'd have a lot less games released each year, but they would be of significantly higher quality and actually demand the high price point most games are already at. I think you guys and gals have done an incredible job to create a game that is comparable to something created by a big name company with what those big companies would consider a skeleton crew. Don't sweat the haters. Those are usually just big fans with a sense of entitlement.

Here Here.. Although your post is getting moved, there shan't be no more talk about due dates!! :)

Benny hill theme.

Is there an easy way to adjust the timescale of the game? I now want to make/play a mod where the Benny Hill theme plays and everything goes 2-3 times faster. Not all the time, but after you drink some weird concoction or as an adrenaline rush.

I just tried fighting zombies at 3x speed in Garry's Mod while the BH theme was going on in the background, and I can say, it's quite a fun experience. The zombies were also hilarious, but also more scary.

Is there an easy way to adjust the timescale of the game? I now want to make/play a mod where the Benny Hill theme plays and everything goes 2-3 times faster. Not all the time, but after you drink some weird concoction or as an adrenaline rush.

I just tried fighting zombies at 3x speed in Garry's Mod while the BH theme was going on in the background, and I can say, it's quite a fun experience. The zombies were also hilarious, but also more scary.

No easy way to do it, you'd have to rebalance all of the animation speeds to match that of the increased physics speed.

That being said... you could speed up all zombie anims and leave everything else as normal. The hyper zombies in a world with normal physics would provide an arguably hilarious juxtaposition.

I hope the new menu theme is as good as the original from a few alphas ago. I miss that one. I thought it was perfect

That's the one I'm hoping they're bringing back... It was awesome! I would listen to the full theme before playing the game... Loved it!

Hey Skippy,

No disrespect meant.

This is really funny. I didn't read the guys name just the hey don't talk down to me just give me an answer and

I thought Trolland resurfaced and began by calling the guy skippy.

:)

At least, thanks for the update I was thinking it would be any week now.

Ill check back in September.

Benny Hill buff in a17. =)

...sounds doable.

- - - Updated - - -

for those of you not old enough or who did not grow up in the British commonwealth, this is what Guppy is talking about...

Benny Hill Theme song -

Um, an enterprising young guppy realized that Benny hill showed boobs long before American censors realized it... =)

With you experience with 7dtd code, how doable would you say?

It's certainly doable, if I understand the improvements to the modding system correctly, but a lot of work to go through to speed up and rebalance all of the animations. It'll probably lead to some pretty hilarious bugs on the way :-)

It's still possible without improvements to the modding system but at that point you're likely rewriting core game functions and classes, it's then less of a mod and more of a hack.

Since the game will release when the game is released. My question is how many people are going to grind the hell out of A17 when it releases.

I will probably be playing at least 24 to 30 hrs the first weekend of release. I will also be scheduling some days off work to get my grind on.

Long live A17. I feel like the game will see it's full release in 2019. I can't imagine what the Fun Pimps plan on making after 7DTD.

Hey Fun Pimps will there be any paid DLC for 7DTD after it officially releases? I am looking forward to whatever your team cooks up.

Archived