Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I think it was mentioned that the slots would be tied to a strength perk but it doesn't sound to me is how it should work. I was thinking it could be tied to your experience (level) instead. Here is my thoughts on it.

If you start with 32 slots and you fill every single one with cement mix (say stack is 4000) then you won't be able to pick up even a feather. Even if you dropped 3999 cement mix you still won't be able to pick up that single feather.

So what if instead say every 5-10 levels (amount to be determined) you got one slot back without having to buy it. Then you wouldn't be wasting points as some may call it, but you still have to earn them (slots) over time. Think of it as as you play you learn how to manage the space in your backpack better to squeeze every bit of available space out of it. So if the max amount of extra slots you could get is 16 and you get one at each 5 levels that is still 80 levels you have to gain to max out. (Will kill me in Ravenhearst by how slow I level :D)

You could also make all baskets in world a certain size and have ability to buy upgraded ones at traders to increase amount of slots on bikes/vehicle. Or perks to be able to build your own.

Just spitballing here.

You guys! You're looking too hard for bugs, I call them features! My friends that are wise: call them features!

Their features. Good, fun and exciting... features.

How do you call a feature something that does not work properly. I mean, ya ,you can find new ways of getting advantage of it, but if it is not according the plan, some call it a bug. I like how you think though.

You guys! You're looking too hard for bugs, I call them features! My friends that are wise: call them features!

Their features. Good, fun and exciting... features.

ha ha... go look in the bug report section of forum and see all the features that most are pointing out.... the reports arent bad,, its the comments that show us how much fun is being had. :)

How do you call a feature something that does not work properly. I mean, ya ,you can find new ways of getting advantage of it, but if it is not according the plan, some call it a bug. I like how you think though.

Oh, they'll fix everything in a couple of hot patches. The whiners will whine no mater how clean A17 is. Nobody takes them seriously anymore, so nothing to lose and millions of testers to gain. :)

Oh, they'll fix everything in a couple of hot patches. The whiners will whine no mater how clean A17 is. Nobody takes them seriously anymore, so nothing to lose and millions of testers to gain. :)

Do you know how annoying millions of reports is for bugs that are already known?

We both have in mind that the less bugs the better. Just the time for me is irrelevant, since it always gets better. Specially when an efford is ..um done. :))

Roland, Roland, Roland: "Nothing will be revealed about bosses. You will have to experience them for yourself. That is all."

I, like 90% or more of all players, will be watching streamers get the crap scared out of them on their first Boss fight.

They will all be called "Screamers" after that and someone will make a music video using all their screams of horror when they first fight a Boss (when I say "fight", I mean them getting splattered across the room!).

SOOO, you might as well tell us (me) what terrible things the boss's can do.

All I will say to that is:

MAKE SURE TO TUNE IN TO A STREAMER NEAR YOU!!!!!!!!

(thanks for the promo lead-in, Al)

:)

ya, I expect every server to right away mod it so you can go past the level cap and get everything so there is longer term play. No one wants to stick around when they are maxed out and unable to further progress... since we sometimes plays hundreds if not thousands of hours on a map, getting to level 200 is easy, but now sounds like they are trying to limit things. Might not be what we want, or at the least would like to option to choose this for myself.

I would like it if the "backpack" was a piece of clothing you wear or carry. With a slight minimum if you have no backpack or belt on. Like you can carry whats in your hands, like the first row or something only. If you want a belt and backpad, make one from grass.... then equip it, then get a better belt and backpack in the long run. Like a webbing from the military might be even better than a tool belt from a workshop and a backpack from a survival camping kit might be the most modular. They could give different set of bonuses for each type of item equipped too. I would like this much better than what we have now. I think many would enjoy the more customization, and the visual changes it brings too.

+1

100% do not think limiting player progression in any way (Pertaining to max level) is the way to go.

Tho, i do like the idea of specialization in the early levels for some extra gusto. Kinda makes you have to think a bit more... But also limits early fun if solo....

As long as its a moddable option, idc.

If they want to make it harder, make maxed skills give less xp and they can solve this problem.

"Specialization" Means nothing when your life is technically infinate and idk why you would want to limit character progression in a 'crafting' game. xD

(watches 7days2die fall in line with ark even minor and shudders)

(From config folder in 7d2d)

<progression>

<player

max_level="200"

(Just make this value higher. Easy fix. They already stated they did not change config files really.)

exp_to_level="9545"

experience_multiplier="1.0149"

skill_points_per_level="6"

skill_point_multiplier="0"/>

<!-- A15: 8000 XP for level 1 and 134k for level 199, total cumulative of 9MXP; XPRequired = exp_to_level * experience_multiplier ^ level -->

<!-- A16: 8300 XP for level 1, total cumulative of 11MXP -->

I know the Pimps are hard at work while the rest of us pray, beg, question god, dream, yearn, and bargain-with-the-devil for the A17 fun to arrive. Until then, thanks to all the Pimps for your hard work, creativity, brain power, devilry, and craziness that goes into this awesome game.

:rockon:

This is why I don't buy performance as a valid issue as to why they map got smaller. I mean if were talking console yes, but pc? hell no.

RWG now creates and saves data in the same format as Navezgane. That was done to speed up RWG chunk loading, which we needed for vehicles moving faster than chunk generation, which pauses movement and it just plain helps with many people on a server in different areas causing chunk loads.

The RWG changes are not even done yet, so what sizes it will support besides 8k has not even been determined.

Anyone have a virgin sister or daughter they'd be willing to give for the cause?

Have we not progressed in the last few centuries such that we can use a virgin brother or son? I only ask because I've got a brother that I wouldn't mind getting rid of, and I'm pretty certain that he's still a virgin.

That's not what he's saying. Let me put it this way. "The game only supports up to 8 players maximum."

Does this mean there are no servers out there with more than 8 players? No. It means that on the options menu you can only select 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8 players but that has no bearing on what you can do in the xmls.

He is saying that the change hasn't been made. If the pregeneration time is acceptable for a 10k x 10k area then maybe the game will support both 8k x 8k and 10k x 10k in the options menu. If not and 8k is the only supported size it still doesn't mean that people won't be able to mod it differently.

At least that is what I took from the comment.

Let's not jump right to "The Sky is Falling!" assumptions. :)

You've been peeking in at the s̶e̶a̶n̶c̶e̶s̶ ...uh...team meetings.

A17 might come out faster with a sacrifice. Anyone have a virgin sister or daughter they'd be willing to give for the cause?

in this day and age.... you have to catch them as they are born and dont lose site of them for one minute. :) and the guys are no better! they just just grow to damn fast now. even i am growing too fast last month i was 25, last week i was 35 and now 60... i swear i only blinked for a moment to rest my eyes. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Especially since people often don't look to see if a bug was already reported and discussed, but just post about it again.

but.. but.. but.. come on... doesnt 100 of the same bug report make things get fixed faster? :) oooops

What kind of an argument is picking one aspect of a popular game and saying 7 days should do it that way just because that game did?

Skyrim was an example. My argument was:

Having no cap allows you to play as A, B or C, or everything. Having a cap only allows you to play as A, B or C. You are not enhancing gameplay, you are restricting it.

Roland,

With the line on first page stating that Bandits have been postponed until A18, does this mean that Bandits are planned as a major focus for A18 or is this just speculative?

Everything about A18 and beyond is speculative. Just for a frame of reference Bandits were postponed to Alpha 15 and then to Alpha 16 and then to Alpha 17 and now to Alpha 18.

The devs had better AI and pathing listed on the old loading screens back in Alpha 7. It just took a decade of alphas for faatal to arrive...

Archived