Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I'd not use vulcan myself, I prefer reshade so the game is not a blurry mess. After turning adaptive sharpen and luma sharpen on, then off you'd not believe how blurry games actually are and how much detail we lose because of it. Currently reshade doesn't support vulcan yet. He has a API for it, but its buggy atm and not enough games use it yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure it could pregen a 10kx10k map too it'd just take a bit longer is all.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats... a... pretty big size drop. I'll see how it is before judging though. It just looks like a big size drop on paper, but there might be enough poi's that you don't notice it.

You definitely can up the size and it would just take longer loading.

Yeah it is a huge size drop but apparently more densely packed so i think it will be fine imo.

I've made a few changes required for how the new pathing grid works, but need to finish testing and tweaking horde distances and angles.

How large (x,y,z grid) is the grid used for a pathsearch during an attack actually? Can the AIs be confused/funneled with some long walls erected along the axes of the players base?

Or ist it using dynamically the whole voxel-world for each AI when determining a path? (Which could lead to performance problems on the other hand)

So that on a pvp server you can't use the seed name to scout out resources and difficulties before you join.

WOW, that thought never even occurred to me. Some people I guess. I hosted one MP game (client side) with friends, but left it open hoping to get some others in. One guy jumped in on horde night teleported to our base, destroyed all our containers and forges while invisible. Very disappointing experience, haven't done it since.

One guy jumped in on horde night teleported to our base, destroyed all our containers and forges while invisible. Very disappointing experience, haven't done it since.

I have learned (the hard way) that human nature being what it is, those 10%ers out there sit at home looking and lurking, just waiting for someone to give them an open door so they can Grief.

I suppose it fills our base need to have power over others with no consequences. Most people have developed enough super-ego to restrain themselves. Still, Griefing doesn't give me a warm, fuzzy feeling about our long-term future. I only see more opportunities for those with less-than-stellar psyches to inflict their whims on an unprepared populace. :spy:

I have learned (the hard way) that human nature being what it is, those 10%ers out there sit at home looking and lurking, just waiting for someone to give them an open door so they can Grief.

I suppose it fills our base need to have power over others with no consequences. Most people have developed enough super-ego to restrain themselves. Still, Griefing doesn't give me a warm, fuzzy feeling about our long-term future. I only see more opportunities for those with less-than-stellar psyches to inflict their whims on an unprepared populace. :spy:

Law of the internet dictates if thing is open, thing is going to get rekt.

Password the servers!

Faatal….can you explain to us, the Bedroll/Land claim function in stopping zombie spawn within a POI???

Sleeper volumes just check if any active player bedroll is in the volume and won't spawn if so. They don't check land claims.

I don't know about random entity spawning, since I have not looked at that code.

Sleeper volumes just check if any active player bedroll is in the volume and won't spawn if so. They don't check land claims.

I don't know about random entity spawning, since I have not looked at that code.

Thanks for the response! By Active player you mean logged into a server?? so if that player is logged off a server then Zombies will spawn in the POI....it doesn't stop the spawn??

^thats how it reads to me Ouch.

Thats how it is. The check is against online players. If a player goes offline the bedroll becomes invisible to the world.

If a player walks by your base close enough, sleeper volumes will do their work.

Cheers

I think this is ok to ask since its not a release date question, do we know whats left work on?

Is it just the physically based shader and are reworking the art left or is there more?

As I said before, art is not holding up the release of the game. Each programmer is finishing features and fixing bugs. So far today, 16 different programming changes were made.

I currently have 30 bugs/issues assigned to me, about half of which should be fixed before A17e. All the other programmers and designers are in the same boat.

As I said before, art is not holding up the release of the game. Each programmer is finishing features and fixing bugs. So far today, 16 different programming changes were made.

I currently have 30 bugs/issues assigned to me, about half of which should be fixed before A17e. All the other programmers and designers are in the same boat.

It sounds like your plate is full, godspeed.

Some Findings:

1) I was able to fight dogs from a tree house. I spawned in 25 of them and they did not attack the tree and I killed them all using a crossbow from above.

I also got a report today of issues with bears and tree houses.

I also got a report today of issues with bears and tree houses.

I can verify bears take out trees in 16.4. I used wood frames to climb a tree, removing the lower ones as I climbed. Twenty feet up I started shooting a bear with my crossbow. Instead of running in circles like usual he came straight for the tree I was in and after a few swipes, down went the tree and I became a snack.

I can verify bears take out trees in 16.4. I used wood frames to climb a tree, removing the lower ones as I climbed. Twenty feet up I started shooting a bear with my crossbow. Instead of running in circles like usual he came straight for the tree I was in and after a few swipes, down went the tree and I became a snack.

was it a zombie bear?

maybe give zombie bears an aggressive AI compared to normal ones if it doesn't have one already. Normal bears circles around your treehouse while you starve to death, zombie bear smashes the tree to smithereens and falcon claws your body in half before you hit the ground.

Archived