Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

You need to edit the rwgmixer.xml

<ruleset name="vanilla" cell_cache_size="8" cell_size="1600" cell_offset="0" generation_distance="4000" terrain_generator="vanilla" biome_generator="vanilla"> is what I am using to set my parameters. Will still generate a circle, but its close enough.

Awesome. Does that also scrunch the POI's closer together? I mean I don't see anything that would indicate such in the code.. bUUUT... I dont know the ins and outs.. even if XML seems fairly easy to understand.

Hey Roland, how is the class system? Im only curious of if you think it will make the game harder or if it will make the game just more challenging?

There is no class system. Instead you pick the set of skills and perks you want and eventually your character will develop into a specialized character.

Some Findings:

1) I was able to fight dogs from a tree house. I spawned in 25 of them and they did not attack the tree and I killed them all using a crossbow from above.

2) The crossbow is every bit as Everdeen as the bow.

3) Beer and Grain Alcohol are working very differently now. Not sure if they are broken or if they have a new effect or what. I got a message that whatever their effect was would last for 3 seconds. I think it must not be hooked up properly yet.

4) The mix of lootable/non-lootable containers in a POI do not randomly reshuffle at respawn time.

5) Stealth is pretty awesome now. Making noise increases the value and you can be spotted now at night if you aren't careful. But if you are careful you can sneak past zombies who are just five meters away from you and they won't see you. Better yet the distraction feature of throwing a rock works better than I have ever seen it. Quite a bit of fun actually to sneak around with a stack of rocks to lure zombies away from your intended path.

Maybe, someday

Walking Dead Season 1 Episode 2 (Guts)?

That would be a very interesting addition. I would also like to see the climbing zeds actually climb. They look like they just levitate right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Some Findings:

1) I was able to fight dogs from a tree house. I spawned in 25 of them and they did not attack the tree and I killed them all using a crossbow from above.

3) Beer and Grain Alcohol are working very differently now. Not sure if they are broken or if they have a new effect or what. I got a message that whatever their effect was would last for 3 seconds. I think it must not be hooked up properly yet.

4) The mix of lootable/non-lootable containers in a POI do not randomly reshuffle at respawn time.

5) Stealth is pretty awesome now. Making noise increases the value and you can be spotted now at night if you aren't careful. But if you are careful you can sneak past zombies who are just five meters away from you and they won't see you. Better yet the distraction feature of throwing a rock works better than I have ever seen it. Quite a bit of fun actually to sneak around with a stack of rocks to lure zombies away from your intended path.

The distraction sounds awesome. I will definitely be making use of that! It would make it so much more realistic... I sure as hell wouldn't be trying to fight a mob of them if it were a real thing.

@Devs

With the idea of creative use of environment in the future (and what is more obvious than Zombies in a zombie survival game! :-). )

Is there some chance some very creative individual could find a way to make a device to increase zombie spawns in an area? An item that can be placed by a player to ‘bait/call in’ more zombies? For pvp?

Or a way to trap a zombie and place it like a guard dog inside a secured building?

Considering that zombies are the primary threat. Why not find a way to use that? Heck, setting up a ‘zombie’ trap could be an achievement for the game lol. Call it ‘ suicidal survival ‘ due to just how risky it would be to do.

An object with a high "heat" value will cause screamers, who will spawn more zombies. If you're thinking of modding, look at the heat value on a forge and try to create a block that has a higher value.

That would be a very interesting addition. I would also like to see the climbing zeds actually climb. They look like they just levitate right now.

- - - Updated - - -

The distraction sounds awesome. I will definitely be making use of that! It would make it so much more realistic... I sure as hell wouldn't be trying to fight a mob of them if it were a real thing.

+1 for using that feature till my pc dies 😋

Some Findings:

Are developers aware of this? Do u know if this could be fixed in a future update? (like 17.x) :)

Some Findings:

Stealth is the game changer in that list for sure. Now a player has more choices, potentially some very suspenseful choices.

Will anyone try working through a POI full of zombies in stealth? Of course. The moment it fails? Priceless! :)

Some Findings:

you are setting there enjoying the stealth and other stuff ,you call it testing, i call A17 gameplay :)

its awesome news that the stealth 2 is much better now, but i have a question,

if MM let those things be revealed what is the secret he is hiding?

Are developers aware of this? Do u know if this could be fixed in a future update? (like 17.x) :)

I hope not. I like it when a tactic is a solution to some problems but not others. A tree house is safe from a mob of dogs but a single zombie will knock it down if you don’t kill it.

Kinda has a Rock Paper Scissors feel to it.

I'm a newbie here, so can someone say when will an experimental version of a17 be released? Still waiting for a year:)

Btw greetings from Russia, we love your game here xd

Welcome to the forums, they have not said when yet. Because of some people they decided to just say when it is ready it is ready. Know that might not be what you want to hear. It shouldn't be to much longer if that helps any.

I hope not. I like it when a tactic is a solution to some problems but not others. A tree house is safe from a mob of dogs but a single zombie will knock it down if you don’t kill it.

Kinda has a Rock Paper Scissors feel to it.

Thanks for the answer. Don't want to bother you but can u confirm if bears can take those treehouses down?

I do not believe this is correct....If I place a bedroll..zombies should not spawn in that area according to TFP.

Madmole, Faatal or Roland can you confirm??

MTFGA

I know you asked for dev or roland but I just recently had them spawn in my bedroll area when I was offline. Was told it will happen if you are off and someone passes close to your bedroll you put in a poi. Was also in Ravenhearst but don't think that would have mattered.

Please tell me you can also distract them by throwing the poop. The poop MUST work also. The Poop. Poop.

Was that enough times saying poop (had to get that last one in)

have you tested to see if they fixed the extended aim drift?

Explain to me what you mean by extended aim drift with an example if you please. I read your original question about it but am not sure what you are referring to.

Archived